You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by lexie_2005 lexie_2005 wrote:

Could of easily finished top of the group

LOLLOLLOL
Having been at all four games, it is my honest opinion that we should have got somewhere between 4 and 7 points, except that the only luck we had was bad luck.

But like the great majority of the GAWA who were also there, I'm not downhearted at the results, for this reason.

When Michael took over at the very end of 2011, we were at a very low ebb and the first two years results were terrible, as Michael sought to make sweeping changes. However the performances mostly weren't that  bad, and we got our reward over the next three years (to 2016), when results reflected performances.

Since then, we've clearly been in another period of transition, where we've been bringing in new, young players to replace older guys at or near the end of their career. And more to the point, he's also transforming our playing approach from one based on defending deep, to a more possession-based style, as witnessed eg at the AVIVA.

I for one have been pretty encouraged by how well he's done on both these fronts. Of course, even assuming that that progress continues, Netherlands and Germany will almost certainly prove too strong for us to qualify for Euro2020 (other than via the play-offs?).

But hey ho, such is life - there's always 2022 to look forward to! Thumbs Up

Edited by Territorial - 04 Dec 2018 at 12:03am
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terry whats your views on Nordie Tayto versus Taig Tayto? 

Also Smiths Monster Munch versus the Taig Mighty Munch?
TJ, Tandragee Tayto make a delicious Curry flavour crisp. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 10:19am
free state tayto all the way.

have the northy tayto over here and i really do not care for them. 

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 10:24am
Northern tayto all day long, the curry chips and the wurster sauce are the ticket.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:36pm
LOL
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Northern tayto all day long, the curry chips and the wurster sauce are the ticket.
What the f**k is wurster sauce?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
Northern tayto is pure muck and as for the imposter on the front of the pack Thumbs Down
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

What the f**k is wurster sauce?

Im not sure, kind of pickled onion kind of worchester...awesome tho
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:08pm
Do you mean Worcestershire?
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Do you mean Worcestershire?

Yeah as worchestershire instead of worchester, but they diffenently called wuster.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:26pm
Jaysis! Them Nordies are wild!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:11pm
I like the Wuster sauce ones but the Jeeves ones are not so good.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I like the Wuster sauce ones but the Jeeves ones are not so good.
Funnily enough, I just picked up the 2013 'Jeeves' novel by Sebastian Faulks and had planned to read it today before being distracted by the snooker. 
I really don't like Faulks, but then I do love Wodehouse. Anyway...
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:49pm
Wurster sauce. Good grief

Build the wall instantly
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:40pm
Michael O'Connor after declaring for them I see after representing us upto under 19. 

The lads in Linfield sold the cause to him I'd imagine or was there a falling out between himself and Kenny during his Dundalk days ?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Michael O'Connor after declaring for them I see after representing us upto under 19. 

The lads in Linfield sold the cause to him I'd imagine or was there a falling out between himself and Kenny during his Dundalk days ?

Declaring for them once was bad enough, but twice? Unforgivable!
Danny Invincible View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Invincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:21am
Terri; I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I was going back through this thread to see if you'd ever responded to my rebuttal of your nonsense back in March: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51293&PID=2085508&title=were-not-brasil-were-tuaisceart-ireann#2085508

It appears you didn't. Should I infer from that that you have finally come round to accepting the points I made?

Anyhow, I naturally came across further nonsense from you in the meantime; specifically, the notion that James McClean is less of an Irish citizen than, say, Seamus Coleman (and that the government Dublin regards him to be so too). You're mistaken.

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Terri, sorry to butt in, but “residence” and “citizenship” are very different. And that applies in the UK, the US and many more countries.
I know.

The problem is that Super Dave is attempting to use one specific aspect of citizenship (i.e. the effect of a change of residence on citizens' rights) to try to disprove my general point, which is that Dublin accords entirely different rights and duties on Irish citizens at birth. 

In other words, despite all their previous guff about "cherishing all the children of the nation equally" (or whatever it said), they in fact created two classes of Irish citizen, which my examples of Coleman and McClean demonstrate precisely.

Raising the examples of Coleman and McClean doesn't demonstrate your point at all. In fact, you unwittingly contradict yourself, because, according to your logic, Coleman is now less of an Irish national than other members of his family back in Killybegs because he lives over in England and outside the state. This is obvious nonsense, as I'm sure you'll accept. Coleman's status as a full Irish national has changed in no way since he moved across the Irish Sea.

McClean is just as Irish as Coleman - both are full Irish citizens from birth (and are recognised as such by the state) - and Coleman remains just as Irish as his family in Killybegs, in spite of his residence in England, which might well deprive him of certain Irish residency rights for which Irish citizenship is also a prerequisite, but that doesn't mean he is somehow less Irish.

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Citizenship is granted at birth.
Those granted it from the 26 acquire all sorts of rights, along with corresponding duties.
Those granted it from the 6 acquire virtually none of these.

Not true, and I suspect this is just sophistry on your part, as you're an incredibly disingenuous poster.

Citizenship is granted at birth, yes, but, contrary to what you assert, the rights to which you refer are not dependent on where you were born. They're dependent on where you reside. So, for example, if an Irish citizen was born in the south (say, in a hospital close to the border) but his family lived in the north (just the other side of the border) and he grew up in the north ever since his mother came back from the hospital with him after his birth, he wouldn't enjoy the rights you refer to. In a mirror situation, if an Irish citizen was born in the north, but his family lived in the south and he grew up in the south ever since his mother came back from the hospital with him after his birth, he would enjoy the rights you refer to (subject to any age limitations). So, you can see that place of birth is not actually relevant in relation to these rights. The citizens in both cases would still be of the same status of Irish national or citizen too, irrespective of the enjoyment or not of residency rights. 

Edited by Danny Invincible - 12 Jan 2019 at 11:25am
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:20am
It's good to see that it's nothing political this time, but great hope of the North,  Gavin Whyte, has got in trouble due to a video of him walking down a public road and having a Tom Hank. 

Some size of a lad on him as well!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:54am
LOL

Any explanation why?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 369>
  Share Topic