Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

IFA rejecting Sinn Feins call for the Nordies to pull out of their friendly match v Israel.

Bit silly by the Shinners.
Since when did they start getting interested in Windsor Park friendlies
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:26am
And if any two teams deserve a friendly it is those two..
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:50am
these two should really be playing in enfield this weekend at the final of the ConIFA World Football Cup. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

these two should really be playing in enfield this weekend at the final of the ConIFA World Football Cup. 
Have the Tibetans and Abkhazians not suffered enough?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:58am

IFA rejecting Sinn Feins call for the Nordies to pull out of their friendly match v Israel.

Sinn Fein really focussing on the issues that matter while Stomont continues to be paralysed.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bit silly by the Shinners. Since when did they start getting interested in Windsor Park friendlies

It's not really about the friendly or even really Israel. Just an easy stunt which gets them some publicity.

Originally posted by Pre Madonna Pre Madonna wrote:

Have the Tibetans and Abkhazians not suffered enough?

I was at Tibet's game with Kibris/ North Cyprus. They weren't very good. No idea about Harry Potter's mates.

Originally posted by Hetfield Hetfield wrote:

Sinn Fein really focussing on the issues that matter while Stomont continues to be paralysed

The issues that matter to them are in Dublin. Anyway, the onus is on DUP to make the next move. But they seem to be willing to stay out given their fear of a Gaylord Abortion on Demand planet.

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 08 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Bit silly by the Shinners. Since when did they start getting interested in Windsor Park friendlies

It's not really about the friendly or even really Israel. Just an easy stunt which gets them some publicity.

Agree, that's why I described it as silly. They've no interest in the IFA and know there is absolutely no chance of the IFA cancelling the friendly.
They just want to get onto the Nolan show to talk about Palestine.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
On the clip I heard, the Palestinian case was made by Phil Kelly from the NI Labour Party.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm

The issues that matter to them are in Dublin. Anyway, the onus is on DUP to make the next move. But they seem to be willing to stay out given their fear of a Gaylord Abortion on Demand planet.

Agreed, but I don’t think there is much political will on both sides at the moment. I noticed after the abortion vote the race by O’Neill to make waves about a referendum the border. At times Sinn Fein just don’t get it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Agreed, but I don’t think there is much political will on both sides at the moment. I noticed after the abortion vote the race by O’Neill to make waves about a referendum the border. At times Sinn Fein just don’t get it.

I thought they were pushing for a border poll due to brexit rather than abortion.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:12pm

I thought they were pushing for a border poll due to brexit rather than abortion.

I thought it was just a post referendum shout out, which actually was unrelated to both abortion and Brexit?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
Sinn Fein would have a point if Israel moved the game to Jerusalem for political reasons especially given the current state of tensions there but not for the game in Windsor Park.

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Jun 2018 at 12:17pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:22pm

Sinn Fein really focussing on the issues that matter while Stomont continues to be paralysed.

Or they could continue to turn the other cheek like the rest of the world?

I'd say it was only said after Argentine refused to play there.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

As I said in the Argentina thread that case had layers to it. This is a bog standard call for a boycott.

Like I said, they should be prioritising getting Government working again in Northern Ireland, rather than taking interest in the NI football team.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
Slightly off topic but Just say we get Israel in the qualifiers next year and they wish to play their home game in Jerusalem, would/could UEFA step in and prevent them given the security situation/ current tense political climate? 

I assume the FAI would request to play it in Haifa where their other national home stadium is. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Slightly off topic but Just say we get Israel in the qualifiers next year and they wish to play their home game in Jerusalem, would/could UEFA step in and prevent them given the security situation/ current tense political climate?

FIFA is a global authority and can run its internal affairs as it pleases. So yes they could but no they won't, basically because the FAI has less clout than Team Messi or President Bibi.

Quote I assume the FAI would request to play it in Haifa where their other national home stadium is. 

They might as well ask to play it neutrally in say London, Amsterdam etc. Or even north Belfast- there's a synagogue near Seaview.

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 08 Jun 2018 at 1:30pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:41pm

As I said in the Argentina thread that case had layers to it. This is a bog standard call for a boycott.

Like I said, they should be prioritising getting Government working again in Northern Ireland, rather than taking interest in the NI football team.

It seems to be more of a passing comment than anything else.

SF have strong ties with Palestine too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:16pm

It seems to be more of a passing comment than anything else.

SF have strong ties with Palestine too.

Agreed. But I feel they have serious priorities to sort out first. For a party with representation in three different parliaments, they achieve very little on a legislative basis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 369>
  Share Topic