Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:11am
Audible chants of “f**k the pope” during sweet Caroline at the end of the game clearly seen on tv yesterday

Everyone’s welcome at Windsor though
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Audible chants of “f**k the pope” during sweet Caroline at the end of the game clearly seen on tv yesterday

Couldn't agree with the sentiment more.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Couldn't agree with the sentiment more.

Same old same old with those feckers.

Leopards ans spots spring to mind.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 12:33pm

You made me go and look that up, for god’s sake. Some single knacker girl sitting on her fat arse singing. I guess when you described “audible chants” as being visible I shouldn’t have set my expectations too high. Bringing up rubbish like that just detracts from the actual issues and makes it look like jealousy at their happiness when we were all miserable on Friday.

Edited by inlikeflynn - 25 Mar 2018 at 12:33pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

You made me go and look that up, for god’s sake. Some single knacker girl sitting on her fat arse singing. I guess when you described “audible chants” as being visible I shouldn’t have set my expectations too high. Bringing up rubbish like that just detracts from the actual issues and makes it look like jealousy at their happiness when we were all miserable on Friday.

Here’s another one at it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BguDWdul3W0vh7JT4Ws2zZRRtOSVb34wY37UXo0/
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Here’s another one at it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BguDWdul3W0vh7JT4Ws2zZRRtOSVb34wY37UXo0/

A bunch of scumbags. But I would rather see them lose their match than get so wound up about this.

The No Surrender during God Save the Queen is worse than this.

Edited by inlikeflynn - 25 Mar 2018 at 3:20pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:03pm

Just because the camera zoomed in one one woman doesn’t mean she was the only one singing it. As I said,from the sound of it there was more than her singing it.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:10pm

Just because the camera zoomed in one one woman doesn’t mean she was the only one singing it. As I said,from the sound of it there was more than her singing it.

I'm honestly sorry I looked it up. And I can only tell what is being sung by the fact that she is zoomed in upon and that the text on twitter states that she is singing it. I wouldn't pick it out from the audio.

It really looks like someone has watched the match with the intention of being offended. And the best they could come up with was 2 sec worth of some nightmare of a ho, in a stadium full of people, being offensive.

If there was widespread offensiveness, I am sure whoever has recorded that would have done more than a two second clip.

Whoever recorded it was probably more attentive than any of their fans who were watching the telly.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:15pm
Listen to the sound on the Instagram clip
Plenty joining in. Whos offended? Just pointing out the nonsense talked that Windsor is now a family and catholic friendly atmosphere
With chants of f**k the pope and no surrender I wouldn’t feel too at home there
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:22pm
What's wrong with f**king the pope? I reckon he could do with a good shag.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:29pm
Given that Paul Smyth is only 20, he's a great chance of winning 50 caps for the pub team in his 20s and another 50 for a united Ireland in his 30's
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:07pm
Won't McClean still be holding down a shirt in 10 years time (even if he's a part-time TD for Derry by then?).

Mary McAleese must be first in the queue to get jiggy when the Pope arrives. Why pick on a pissed Spide at Windsor when yer ex-Pres is saying much the same?

I was at the game and made no offensive nor daft outbursts, unless you count "Why is the kid coming on for less than 10 minutes- he won't get a touch?" Smile

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 25 Mar 2018 at 9:14pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Won't McClean still be holding down a shirt in 10 years time (even if he's a part-time TD for Derry by then?).

Mary McAleese must be first in the queue to get jiggy when the Pope arrives. Why pick on a pissed Spide at Windsor when yer ex-Pres is saying much the same?

I was at the game and made no offensive nor daft outbursts, unless you count "Why is the kid coming on for less than 10 minutes- he won't get a touch?" Smile

Can you please provide the source for our ex pres McAleese saying f**k the pope and no surrender please as i dont believe it.thanks in advance
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:44pm
Football fan caught swearing on camera- big deal

Holy Mary slams Church homophobia- slightly bigger deal, don't ye think?

She has a point to be fair- Frankie is as bad on these issues as his predecessors. I didn't claim a source for MMA's language- don't need to, her sentiments are clear enough and released to all news media
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:46pm
But she didn't say f**k the pope nor No Surrender . Stop trying to gloss over the fact that there are still issues at Windsor Park
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 9:55pm
I didn't gloss anything, just responding to P-Madge's gag above. I'm comfortable with the atmosphere at WP and wouldn't go otherwise. There's exaggerated outrage here- some NI fans drink, swear and vote DUP. It's hardly man bites dog, like
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Football fan caught swearing on camera- big deal

Holy Mary slams Church homophobia- slightly bigger deal, don't ye think?

She has a point to be fair- Frankie is as bad on these issues as his predecessors. I didn't claim a source for MMA's language- don't need to, her sentiments are clear enough and released to all news media

Football fan caught swearing on camera? That’s not all that really happened though is it?

More like a few bigoted football fans caught on camera making slurs against Catholic’s as a young boy of Irish heritage comes on to score a fine goal on his debut.

You lot really just can’t move on. Even when Catholics and Nationalists are doing the business for your team, you resort to abusing them.

I wonder will there be an increase in the abuse levels for papists when your results go down hill again?

From a short clip showing fans celebrating after a friendly game, two can be clearly seen miming “f**k the pope”, that’s literally in a few seconds of recording. How many of the f*ckers were really at it?

I’m really tempted to go to a Northern Ireland game in the near future, to experience the supposedly family friendly Windsor Park for myself.

But of course, you and your ‘compatriots’ will come on here and say you didn’t hear such songs, and that nationalists / Catholics need to get on with things. You then whinge when Irish youngsters opt to play for their country, and claim we’re sectarian for selecting Catholics /nationalists.

Absolutely mind numbing.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:24pm
Like I said Mac, exaggerated outrage.

Actually I "move on" constantly- you spout cliches and personal abuse. I don't abuse anyone at WP or on this thread- political leaders like Francis possibly excepted, but he can take it :) 

I never criticise anyone from NI for playing for or supporting the South nor describe it as sectarian. This is well documented on here- it's hardly that there are hordes of NI fans on this forum. If you don't understand nor care about that fine, but you'll understand if I don't take your posts any more seriously
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 369>
  Share Topic