Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 8:25pm
N.I. have an excellent chance of winning their group. They'd definitely fancy themselves against two teams that are not as good as an average enough Switzerland side.

Fcukers must be over the moon with the draw Angry LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

N.I. have an excellent chance of winning their group. They'd definitely fancy themselves against two teams that are not as good as an average enough Switzerland side.

I’d say that’s a three way group. Any one of them could come first or last. All down to luck.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 8:41pm

The north have no goal threat,strongly fancy Austria to win that group.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

After our shower took 4 points off them?!

I don't think they're that good LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 7:34am

Suffering from a Euro hangover, I fully expect Austria to win this group.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Suffering from a Euro hangover, I fully expect Austria to win this group.
Jese that was a long hangover. Especially baring in mind they were poison at the Euros also! Wide open group
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm
Did Austria sack their managerthat was in charge in our group?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’d say that’s a three way group. Any one of them could come first or last. All down to luck.
Agree with flynn. With so few games involved, one "fluke" result could change the whole complexion of the group.

Overall, though, I'm optimistic - Michael staying is obviously a big boost in itself, but equally importantly, he has said he spoke to his senior players before making up his mind. This suggests that the majority of them want to keep on playing rather than retire, which must mean they believe in Michael/themselves/the team. He also had a get-together in England with his coaches to discuss our future prospects and has been actively scouting our younger players coming through.

This process of consultation has shades of 2013, when results (though not performances) after his first two years were dire. He drove from Edinburgh to Southampton to find out the mood of the players from his captain, Steven Davis. Davis reassured him that they were all still behind him, so he was encouraged to carry on. Somehow, I doubt Martin O'Neill goes through much of a similar process when deciding his own future!

Edited by Territorial - 25 Jan 2018 at 2:12pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Did Austria sack their manager that was in charge in our group?
Not quite "sacked", Koller's contract was not renewed in October, after 6 years in charge of the NT.

Has been replaced by Franco Foda, a German who's done most of his coaching in Austria with Sturm Graz:

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
Quality goal from Niall McGinn for the Dons today.   
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
@Territorial do you rate Lee Camp?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

@Territorial do you rate Lee Camp?
From what little I've seen, he can be decent enough on his day. If I had to guess, I'd say his standard is Championship bottom half/League One top half*?

But he was never settled in the NI side, took the hump over something or other and retired from the team after nine caps:
(When Michael says he's "disappointed" by someone, that's often code for "severely pissed-off")

Dunno if it's fair or not, but it gained him a reputation for being a moody bugger. And he's certainly moved around a lot, often on loan, which would suggest there's something in that.

P.S. Had he stuck around, he could have 50 or more NI caps by now, and played in the Euro's etc. Though in truth, that probably says more about our other gk's than anything else. 

* - Would make him and Sunderland a good match? Wink

Edited by Territorial - 01 Feb 2018 at 5:50pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:38pm

@Territorial how many Nordies fans do you think will be at the match in Dublin 15/11/18?

I don't need an exact figure an estimate will do!
Wink

Edited by Double Maxim - 05 Feb 2018 at 6:38pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:48pm

@Territorial how many Nordies fans do you think will be at the match in Dublin 15/11/18?

Wink
And how many of them will be bitter coonts
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Wink

Some of them might drink stout!
Big smile
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Wink

Some of them might drink stout!

Big smile
we do bitter 🍋 down here but not bitter 🍊
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:26am
Terri you boys can take the first Applegreen on the way down we'll take the second Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:02pm

Wink
Not sure, but I won't be one of them, that's for sure!

If the IFA imposes travel restrictions like the last time (no ticket unless you travel on official buses etc), then people will be conflicted between (A ) the hassle and opportunity for reputational damage etc, and (B ) the desire to support your team (esp when we've a better chance of a result than usual).

Some sample posts on OWC:
"Speaking to a fellow NI fan this morning in work about this game and i said i wouldn't be going as i think it could be over run with old firm fans who support niether ROI or NI. My work mate doesn't think this will be an issue, i pointed out that on away trips i like going to the square or wherever and having a bit of craic and sing songs outside some pubs, and couldn't see this being the case in O'connell St say for example."
---------------------------------------------

"The danger is that most Norn iron fans who attend home and away and not going to Dublin are leaving spare tickets for the riot squad, and when it all kicks of, the beeb and UTV will have a field day beating us all with the bigotry stick.

prefer to go on an away trip and relax and enjoy myself rather than be looking over my shoulder."

----------------------------------------------

"If they once more suggest that our support can't be trusted to approach a stadium, like any other nation, then I think we shouldn't be playing these games. For the Nations Cup game, I was living in Dublin at the time. I would have had to drive to Belfast, get on a bus, be driven to Dublin, watch the match, get back on the bus, be driven to Belfast, then drive back to Dublin again. a 400 mile round trip to watch a match in the city I live in! If they have to go to this level of security then it isn't worth playing."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was one of the couple of hundred who didn't boycott the ROI game in 2011.  If my memory serves me correctly it was all abit sh*t last time.  Poor crowd and we were solidly beaten.  The northern ROI fans seemed to out in strength with Armagh GAA flags etc being waved at us.

Was only a few hundred of us but I remember there was one or two places  going in / leaving the stadium where the opposing fans were in close proximity.  The "friendly" exchange of pleasantries left me to conclude if there had been a few thousand of us and a few more "headers" in our ranks it had the potential to go very wrong!

Having said all that I'd find it hard not to go to a NI away match which is 2 hours drive away."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"100% won`t be going to this for several reasons

1) Not giving a penny to an organisation that openly steals out players and treats us with such disdain. 

2) Almost certainly entrance will be via official coaches,  busing us in and out for the match only, akin to Linfield going to Solitude. The best part of away matches is the craic before in the bars, not sat in an Ulsterbus. 

3) The match will attract a certain element, from both sides but we will be covered more extensively. Footage of some steeks singing the Billy Boys as they travel into D4 isn`t something I want to be associated with. 

4) The "No Surrender" will be the loudest for years and Nolan will run a phone in the next day asking if we should unite as one.

5) The last few times we played them was Dublin, why not come to the National Stadium?

IFA really are an inept shower, for that reason I`m out. (and loads will be like me)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not keen on the game but I'll be going. Need as many regulars there as possible to drown out the idiots"

"I think that [above] is the crux of it for me. I'll certainly want to be lording it over them should we win too. I can fully understand why people might choose to avoid it though."

"Totally agree with this [above]. Let’s just go cheer our boys on and have a party like we normally do. Some people on here need to move on ffs. 

We can’t determine what the Republic fans get up to but that’s their problem #GAWA"

----------------------------------------------------------------

And this one made me smile:

"Will there be special half and half scarfs available for this match?"

Edited by Territorial - 06 Feb 2018 at 7:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 369>
  Share Topic