You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

The Hatfield is perfectly safe, Terri. It used to be a working class corner pub frequented by locals from the lower Ormeau Road where it is located and was once affectionately known as “planet of the Irps’ due to the preponderance of INLA/ IRSP members who drank there during the war years. But it has since morphed into a large student pub / restaurant with a completely different vibe. Nobody has been murdered in it for years. The Felons on the Falls Road was always noted for the fact that no actual felons ever used to go there for their own security reasons. It would not attract a lot of non-local passing trade even in peacetime but it’s been fine on the few occasions I’ve been there.

Without question the most Northern Irish recommendation for a pub you'll ever see. LOL
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 12:29pm
Joke used to be that you’d get a good head on your beer in the Hatfield. Last one to get topped there was INLA man Emmanuel Gargan who had his head blown off with a shotgun in an internal feud in 1987. A talented footballer in his youth who had been on trial with Arsenal, Gargan was on crutches at the time having been shot three times in a previous attack. Some of the Hatfield’s more hardcore drunks are reputed to have not fled the scene but used the opportunity to minesweep drinks that other customers had left behind.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Hatfield is perfectly safe, Terri. It used to be a working class corner pub frequented by locals from the lower Ormeau Road where it is located and was once affectionately known as “planet of the Irps’ due to the preponderance of INLA/ IRSP members who drank there during the war years. But it has since morphed into a large student pub / restaurant with a completely different vibe. Nobody has been murdered in it for years. The Felons on the Falls Road was always noted for the fact that no actual felons ever used to go there for their own security reasons. It would not attract a lot of non-local passing trade even in peacetime but it’s been fine on the few occasions I’ve been there.

Without question the most Northern Irish recommendation for a pub you'll ever see. 
LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Without question the most Northern Irish recommendation for a pub you'll ever see. LOL
LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 11:53am
Michael O'Neill close to returning as manager
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence what sort of reception would an EIRE supporter receive in here.  Genuinely curious.

Have actually drank in there a few years back after a day trip up from Dublin, no bother at all and good craic actually. We were in there for 8 or 9 hours as well. They have a few decent framed photos of some of the Ireland v NI matches from the 80s and 90s on the wall and I think a jersey or two. Bus load of Apprentice Boys came in at one point but just lots of good natured sl*gging and plenty of dark humour.

Very well looked after I have to say, but perhaps a different story if we were from the Falls instead of Dublin. Normal working class pub though and the sort of place you'll be fine if you don't go looking for trouble. They even played the Fields of Athenry for us LOL

You went on a day trip and spent 8 or nine hours in the same boozer???
No Pasaran!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

He tried to leave several times, but he was drinking so much the bouncers kept throwing him back in!

Edited by Territorial - 06 Dec 2022 at 2:02pm
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence what sort of reception would an EIRE supporter receive in here.  Genuinely curious.

Have actually drank in there a few years back after a day trip up from Dublin, no bother at all and good craic actually. We were in there for 8 or 9 hours as well. They have a few decent framed photos of some of the Ireland v NI matches from the 80s and 90s on the wall and I think a jersey or two. Bus load of Apprentice Boys came in at one point but just lots of good natured sl*gging and plenty of dark humour.

Very well looked after I have to say, but perhaps a different story if we were from the Falls instead of Dublin. Normal working class pub though and the sort of place you'll be fine if you don't go looking for trouble. They even played the Fields of Athenry for us LOL

Getting settled in one spot is a thing with old age Embarrassed Think we had a pint in Laverys beforehand and then Brennan's later on after we got out of the West Bank. Mind you, with some of the ladies in there we were probably safer on the Shankhill LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep, it's happening!

So never mind all this World Cup nonsense, this is the real "Big News" from the world of football today. Thumbs Up

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 10:53pm
They say never go back.

In Ulster they just say NEVER! LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 11:09pm

Given the overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to his return, and their favorable qualifying group, I'd give Northern Ireland an excellent chance to qualify for EURO 2024.  

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Given the overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to his return, and their favorable qualifying group, I'd give Northern Ireland an excellent chance to qualify for EURO 2024.  

On checking their squad I would give them next to no chance of qualifying.
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:38am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Should be an excellent testament to what a pragmatic manager can do with a limited group of players.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:08pm
Michael O'Neill confirmed as new Nordie manager.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

5 and half year deal 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

5 and half year deal 
Mental for international football
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:17pm
Why do I see this going horribly wrong for him
Chips don't bounce
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It's not as good a squad as before and I hope I'm wrong but N.I. will be well in the mix under O'Neill and their group fixtures schedule is favourable too. If they beat Finland at home in the second game, they'll already be in a great position in the group. They could have a decent lead in second place before their last two games away to Finland and home to Denmark.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 369>
  Share Topic