You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How does Kenny's son qualify?
Think he was born in Altnagelvin, when SK was managing Derry City?
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:53pm
One to watch is Sean Moore, already playing first team football for Cliftonville and attracting the attention of scouts from big clubs. A left footed winger who can also play other positions, the Reds have him on a two year contract at the moment so may get a good transfer fee for him before the end of it if he maintains current progress.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

NI U-18 squad for two friendlies vs Austria announced:

Goalkeepers – Pierce Charles (Sheffield Wednesday), Kai McClean (Celtic).

Defenders â€“ Conor Barr, Daithi McCallion, Darragh McCloskey (all Derry City), Ordhan McCart and Sean Brown (both Larne), Reece Jordan (Portadown).

Midfielders – Ryan Donnelly and Corey Smith (both Dungannon Swifts), Jack Patterson (Everton), Lewis Trickett (Accrington Stanley), Caolan Donnelly (Larne), Eoin Kenny (Dundalk), Rio Morgan (Ipswich Town), Gallagher Lennon (Partick Thistle), Sean Moore (Cliftonville).

Forwards â€“ Leon Boyd (Linfield), Reece Evans (Leicester City), Luca Doherty (Coleraine), Sam Glenfield (Fleetwood Town), Omari Kellyman (Aston Villa).

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2022/november/northern-ireland-u18s-to-face-austria-twice-next-week

Notable inclusions are Eoin Kenny (son of Stephen), Gallagher Lennon (son of Neil) and Daithi McCallion (son of Elisha, former SF MP).

"Football For All!" Thumbs Up

That is until the play for senior side and they'll have GSTQ rammed down their throats, playing in a caldon of Union Jacks.

And I won't mention the death threats Shocked

But good luck to them either way.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That is until the play for senior side and they'll have GSTQ rammed down their throats, playing in a caldon of Union Jacks.
Same old same old from someone who's never been to an NI international in his life, I'd wager.

Except you just have. Again.

What? Even including the Uncle Toms?

But hey ho, keep going.

For your posts betray the fact that long after the rest of the world has moved on, you're still stuck somewhere in the last century.
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 5:29pm
Feelings on the euro group Terri? and who would you like to see get the managers job?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by cwh2018 cwh2018 wrote:

Feelings on the euro group Terri? and who would you like to see get the managers job?

Couldn't have asked for much better, tbh.

And I'd take Michael O'Neill again in a heartbeat.

My hope is that the IFA are lettiing Stoke pay him for another bit until we resume matches in March, but that could just be wishful thinking and we're actually having to look elsewhere.

The IFA have just appointed Aaron Hughes as Technical Director, with one of his duties being to assist in the recvruitment of the new manager. Aaron is sound and I'd say he gets on well with Michael, since the latter persuaded him back into his squad after Aaron had previously retired.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:54pm

Same old same old from someone who's never been to an NI international in his life, I'd wager.

Except you just have. Again.

What? Even including the Uncle Toms?

But hey ho, keep going.

For your posts betray the fact that long after the rest of the world has moved on, you're still stuck somewhere in the last century.

LOL

Weren't you just posting pictures of James McClean in a NI top recently? or reminding us all about Duffy's comments from years ago.

FWIW - I would never go to a NI home game as I would be concerned for my safety, and nor would I have any interest either.

I don't give 2 hoots if CNR's decide to play for NI. I wish them well.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
Been at the last 2 games TE played at Lansdowne and they had plenty of Union Jacks.  Hardly welcoming.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:44pm

Weren't you just posting pictures of James McClean in a NI top recently? or reminding us all about Duffy's comments from years ago.
Aye, to make a point.

And your point is?

FWIW - I would never go to a NI home game as I would be concerned for my safety, and nor would I have any interest either.
How so? Seriously, what do you think would happen? Be specific.

I don't give 2 hoots if CNR's decide to play for NI. I wish them well.
Fine.

And presumably those good wishes extend to the players' families, friends, team mates, school friends etc who also attend to cheer them on. Along with the very many other members of the CNR community who just go for the football.

Or aren't you concerned for their safety?

Edited by Territorial - 10 Nov 2022 at 10:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Been at the last 2 games TE played at Lansdowne and they had plenty of Union Jacks.  Hardly welcoming.
Still suffering flashbacks, I take it? That PTSD can be a right bugger, and no mistake.

Anyhow, I infer from that that you've never been to Windsor.

Which is something for the rest of us to bear in mind the next time you post about the NI team.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:00pm

Still suffering flashbacks, I take it? That PTSD can be a right bugger, and no mistake.

Anyhow, I infer from that that you've never been to Windsor.

Which is something for the rest of us to bear in mind the next time you post about the NI team.

Why do I need to go to Windsor?  Are the people who go to games at Lansdowne supporting TE with Union Jacks not your fans? 
I've been to a couple of Orange marches for the craic.  Does that count?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:57pm

Why do I need to go to Windsor?

To be able to offer a nore informed picture than your usual contributions on the subject.

Are the people who go to games at Lansdowne supporting TE with Union Jacks not your fans? 

So did the presence of those flags the first time not deter you from going the second?

Or haven't you heard of the concept of away fans winding up the home support?

On which point, the first time I went to Lansdowne for a football match, ROI v NI in 1978, I remember the NI fans on the terrace behind the goal blowing up and releasing a load of condoms, such provocative items being illegal down there at the time.

Oh how we aughed, though not so much when the NI fans seated in the main stand were stoned by some local corner boys as we left at the end of the game.

Not that that deterred me from going back for later matches, since I dont judge the great majority of ROI fans by the actions of a few.

Or even by their Womens' NT.

I''d say it counts as just about the most irrelevant thing you've ever posted on this forum.

And by Christ that's saying something.

Edited by Territorial - 10 Nov 2022 at 11:58pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 12:19am

Why do I need to go to Windsor?

To be able to offer a nore informed picture than your usual contributions on the subject.

Are the people who go to games at Lansdowne supporting TE with Union Jacks not your fans? 

So did the presence of those flags the first time not deter you from going the second?

Or haven't you heard of the concept of away fans winding up the home support?

On which point, the first time I went to Lansdowne for a football match, ROI v NI in 1978, I remember the NI fans on the terrace behind the goal blowing up and releasing a load of condoms, such provocative items being illegal down there at the time.

Oh how we aughed, though not so much when the NI fans seated in the main stand were stoned by some local corner boys as we left at the end of the game.

Not that that deterred me from going back for later matches, since I dont judge the great majority of ROI fans by the actions of a few.

Or even by their Womens' NT.

I''d say it counts as just about the most irrelevant thing you've ever posted on this forum.

And by Christ that's saying something.

Why do I need to go when I can see it on tv and hear the chanting from your fans?

I was talking about the flags not being so welcoming for catholic/nationalist fans/players that you want to attract or so you claim. 

1978.  You gave your age away there.  You are the TE version of Victor Meldrew. A grumpy old man. 

Irrelevant how?  The O.O. and the TE team are of the same culture.   Don't you lot sing ''no surrender'' during the anthem?  I think the O.O. sing that as well do they not?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 8:41am
Just look how welcoming this is to the other community - LOL

Edited by horsebox - 11 Nov 2022 at 8:42am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 9:43am

Just look how welcoming this is to the other community - LOL

When we went to Glasgow for the Scotland match in 2014 we stayed a night in Belfast around the corner from that place.  We were thinking about going in for a pint but in the end thought it might not be bestLOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 12:59pm

Why do I need to go when I can see it on tv and hear the chanting from your fans?

Irrelevant how?  The O.O. and the TE team are of the same culture.   Don't you lot sing ''no surrender'' during the anthem?  I think the O.O. sing that as well do they not?

I could bang on about eg the add-ons from ROI fans during the FOA, or Balaclava McClean; or your WNT singing in praise of terrorism; or the homophobic Shane Duffy etc.

Or even the "culture" which as well as producing the ROI team also gave us eg the Catholic child abuse scandal, the Kinahan/Hutch organised crime epidemic, or the psychopathic murder machine which was the Provisional IRA.

But I don't, since it is just the same irrelevant garbage as you're coming out with above.

I was talking about the flags not being so welcoming for catholic/nationalist fans/players that you want to attract or so you claim. 

I mentioned the latest NI Youth squad earlier, with players from eg Derry City, Celtic, Cliftonville, even Dundalk(!), to demonstrate our success  in attracting players from every community. I mean, if its good enough for Stephen Kenny, Neil Lennon and Elisha McCallion to let their youngster line out for Northern Ireland, then it proves the progress we're making. While that same progress is happening with our support.

And as someone who has long campaigned, in a modest way, to further this process, I couldn't be happier.

Meantime, I shall leave the likes of you and Horsebox to wallow in the past (or at least your narrow, ignorant and prejudiced version of it).
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
Young lads will play for anyone to further their career.  Remember James McClean?

You like to say how progressive you lot are, how welcoming a place Pairc Ui Windsor is etc but as a Cafflick myself I still hear the crowd chanting No Surrender, flying Union Jacks and playing GSTK.  
Not exactly welcoming.  Your team and its symbols needs to be neutral as you have two communities up there.  That's if you want to attract players from both.  I'm happy for you lot to fly the Union Jacks nd sing GSTK as it will just cause more Cafflick players to defect to The EIRE.  Have at it.

Our team represents one community (until re-unification occurs)

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 1:42pm
Wallow in the past.......says the man who spends his time on an opposing teams football forum in a bid to wind people up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 369>
  Share Topic