You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It’s taken as an offensive slur more in the north 

As is calling people "cheating Orange bastards".

Wait, that was you, wasn't i?

In the light of Lafferty and McMenamin's comments, have you anything to say about your own prejudice?

You know, like a retraction, if not an apology?

Or are you a hypocrite as well as a bigot?

Edited by Territorial - 02 Oct 2022 at 11:11pm
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

In the light of Lafferty and McMenamin's comments, have you anything to say about your own prejudice?

I should be suspended by my employers pending a full investigation 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:13pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence's post above trying to downplay it because some nationalist wasn't offended.  Embarrassed

Which part of my observation that "Lafferty's conduct was indefensible" didn't you get?

I have made my view crystal clear. But I thoughtt those comments from a Celtic fan were noteworthy, considering he has been intimately involved with football in NI, including internationals at Wiwdsor, for years.

Unlike you.

In the end, Johnston and I can agree to disagree.,

Unlike you, who only accepts one narrow, uninformed, and indeed ignorant, view of what goes on in NI football.

Perhaps you should get back to postig your humourous spoofs on Roy Keane - at least until you have something constructive to add to this thread?

Which I'm guessing could be quite some time.

Why didn't you say it was indefensible and leave it at that?   Why the need to add in that article?  You may not have directly said it but it was a subtle ''What Lafferty said was wrong but you shouldn't be too offended as a another nationalist didnt find it too bad what he said''.

Like David Brent in which you say something well meaning and then say too much and end up saying the wrong thing.

You remind me of him in that scene where he makes the joke about the black mans cock and then a black lad joins in the conversation and then when someone complaned to staff brent says the black fella enjoyed the joke and wasn't offended.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:24pm

Why didn't you say it was indefensible and leave it at that?   Why the need to add in that article?  You may not have directly said it but it was a subtle ''What Lafferty said was wrong but you shouldn't be too offended as a another nationalist didnt find it too bad what he said''.
Because I don't consider I hold a monopoly of "truth" in what is hardly a black and white issue. That is, I am quite prepared to respect the views of others who hold a different view - at least when they are qualified to comment.

Or do you not welcome open debate on a forum like this? Or is that only when debating opinions which conform with your own, uttered fron behind a keyborard and far away from where these things actually happen?

Meanwhile and for the record, I still think Lafferty was out-of-order., while McMenamiin can be exzcused - sorry if that doesn't conform to your own preconceived view of what people like me must think.

Like David Brent in which you say something well meaning and then say too much and end up saying the wrong thing.
I did not "say" anything - it was David Johnston who was commenting.

You remind me of him in that scene where he makes the joke about the black mans cock and then a black lad joins in the conversation and then when someone complaned to staff brent says the black fella enjoyed the joke and wasn't offended.
The only comment I have made is that Lafferty was out-of-order, while McMenamin wasn't, meaning that the above is, frankly a lot of cock.

Perhaps you should stick to rwhat you know i.e. reruns of 20 y.o. sitcoms, instead of trying to defend a position which is based on little more than prejudice and ignorance

Edited by Territorial - 02 Oct 2022 at 11:39pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:36pm

I should be suspended by my employers pending a full investigation 

This is not an employment issue, rather it is a simple matter of internet etiqutte.

And the fact that you have consisttently declined even to retract, never mind apologise for, your bigoted remark basically confirms that you are an unapoligetic bigot.

Congratulations.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

How is saying "Up the Celts" winding him up or a justification for using racist or sectarian slur? LOL

The lad is literally a celt, regardless of club allegiance!

He's 35 years old FFS. If he was over a decade younger I'd, maybe, cut him some slack.

sh*tlips, I'd say you give no f**ks whatsoever about this but you have a massive stiffy anytime you get Terri's tail up Heart.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:40pm

Roberto Baggio allegedly said that. Just like Kyle Lafferty allegedly called a group of young men a pack of Fenians.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:42pm
Terrence, Terrence, TerrenceLOL

That is some bull you have posted there.  

Open debate about if it should or should not be offensive?

The equivalent is calling a black man the N word and then saying its out of order and wrong and then posting an article from some white lad who says black lads call each other the N word all the time so whats the big deal?

But I am not allowed to hold a view on this as I'm not from that strange corner of your world where sectarianism is par for the course from day 1 of your existance and you're so institutionalised into it that calling someone a fenian is so commonplace its like its a normal everyday word.

You love calling everyone else narrow minded prejudiced because its precisely what you are yourself going by what you post here. 

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Oct 2022 at 11:43pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

How is saying "Up the Celts" winding him up or a justification for using racist or sectarian slur? LOL

He's 35 years old FFS. If he was over a decade younger I'd, maybe, cut him some slack.

sh*tlips, I'd say you give no f**ks whatsoever about this but you have a massive stiffy anytime you get Terri's tail up Heart.
Fartie, myself and Terri have barely interacted on this thread since the Lafferty issue arose. Have a read back. Most of my comments are re: Lafferty and don't mention Terri. His posts vice versa. That may change, probably will, but your obsession with me and Terri is stronger than any feelings, negative or otherwise, myself and Terri have for each other.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:49pm

Thank you.

But I can assure you, my "tail is not up". Rather I care for my football team, and so try to defend them from the comments of an ignoramus like HH, not because I care for people like him, but because other casual observers on thios forum might be influenced by the superficiality of his comments.

And because I care for my team, I also condemn those from my "own" side who damage the team.

Unfortunately people like HH, Baggio or Trap Jr. lack either the intelligence, the objectivity, the honesty, the knowledge  or the integrity to acknowledge this dual strand (or some combination* of the five).

* - With HH I'd say it's a full house.

Edited by Territorial - 02 Oct 2022 at 11:51pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:49pm
The Laffatme non-story is surely nearly over 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:55pm

Thank you.

But I can assure you, my "tail is not up". Rather I care for my football team, and so try to defend them from the comments of an ignoramus like HH, not because I care for people like him, but because other casual observers on thios forum might be influenced by the superficiality of his comments.

And because I care for my team, I also condemn those from my "own" side who damage the team.

Unfortunately people like HH, Baggio or Trap Jr. lack either the intelligence, the objectivity, the honesty, the knowledge  or the integrity to acknowledge this dual strand (or some combination* of the five).

Nice to see I've rattled you anyway. LOL

Now if only you could transfer some of your thinly concealed bile towards Shane Duffy and James McClean against bigots like Lafferty and the idiots who post reverse victimhood editorials defending him in the NI press like Gareth McAuley.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:58pm

The Laffatme non-story is surely nearly over 

You wish.

Meaning we'll just have to wait until lHHs next prejudiced dig at the NI team.

At which point you'll row in behind him.

And at which point I shall remind you of your own unreconstructed bigotry*, by which time you'll be calling for a halt to that story too.

* - "It hasn't gone away, you know", to paraphrase someone famous.

Edited by Territorial - 03 Oct 2022 at 12:00am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:11am
Terrence, am I allowed call a Jewish Spurs supporter a 'Yid' or would that be offensive?

Some Spurs fans wear it as a badge of honour and call themself yids.  Just want to be sure before I attend the next North London derby and start calling random sallow skinned lads that in Spurs tops.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:13am

Thank you.

Not "rattled" in the least, though I might be were I being bested by an intellectual lightweight like yoi.

I'd say "amused" just about covers it.

Now if only you could transfer some of your thinly concealed bile towards Shane Duffy and James McClean against bigots like Lafferty and the idiots who post reverse victimhood editorials defending him in the NI press like Gareth McAuley.

I have not commented recently on either McClean or McAuley.

But I did mention Duffy's support for terrorism and homophobia directly in response to your claim that it is only NI footballers who behave in that manner, and not ROI players,

So on the basis that I have clearly condemned one of our own when he is out-of-order, are you prepared to do the same when it is one of yours?

Of course I appreciate that Shane "Driving Test" Duffy's comments were some time ago, But I don't recall you ever condemning him/them at any stage in the meantime.

Perhaps you'd like to take that opportunity now?

Or are you happy for rank hypocrisy to remain on your charge sheet, along with all the rest?

Edited by Territorial - 03 Oct 2022 at 12:16am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:23am

Thank you.

Not "rattled" in the least, though I might be were I being bested by an intellectual lightweight like yoi.

I'd say "amused" just about covers it.

I have not commented recently on either McClean or McAuley.

But I did mention Duffy's support for terrorism and homophobia directly in response to your claim that it is only NI footballers who behave in that manner, and not ROI players,

So on the basis that I have clearly condemned one of our own when he is out-of-order, are you prepared to do the same when it is one of yours?

Of course I appreciate that Shane "Driving Test" Duffy's comments were some time ago, But I don't recall you ever condemning him/them at any stage in the meantime.

Perhaps you'd like to take that opportunity now?

Or are you happy for rank hypocrisy to remain on your charge sheet?

So clearly unrattled you post another lengthy post of verbal effluvium.

What rational person, in response to a senior player using a sectarian slur at the slightest provocation, would then equivocate by saying "so and so tweeted a nasty comment about Rylan Clark a decade ago"? What planet do you live on? 

What "prejudiced digs" have I made about the NI national team BTW? Pointing out the irony of the IFA tapping up Irish-born players like Jimmy Dunne and Darragh Burns while you live in the past moaning about Shane Duffy, Marc Wilson and James McClean, taking every opportunity to mock them at their lowest moments. That it, yeah?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:06pm

Roberto Baggio allegedly said that. Just like Kyle Lafferty allegedly called a group of young men a pack of Fenians.

No "allegedly" about either, making your point a particularly dim one, even for you.

But while on the subject, seeing as you're so quick to condemn Lafferty for his sectarian remark, any chance of your doing the same for Baggio's?

Or are you content to keep drawing attention to your own hypocrisy?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:13pm

Terrence, am I allowed call a Jewish Spurs supporter a 'Yid' or would that be offensive?

Some Spurs fans wear it as a badge of honour and call themself yids.  Just want to be sure before I attend the next North London derby and start calling random sallow skinned lads that in Spurs tops.
What on earth has any of that got to do with the issue at hand?

As I said, stick to spoofing Roy Keane - at least that way you can more easily avoid exposing your own idiocy and/or prejudice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 369>
  Share Topic