Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Terri pulling out his yearly Shane Duffy/Rylan Clark trump card to deflect from Lafferty's bigotry. Clap

LOL
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:18pm
And relegated to League D...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

And relegated to League D...
Is it not a play-off they go into (or a play-out as UEFA bizarrely call it) due to the fact that there are just 2 groups in League D? AFAIK, the bottom teams in each section in League C are drawn to play in 2 matches with the winners staying up and the losers being relegated. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 8:28am
Reports today are indicating they stay up because they finished above Cyprus on goal difference. Belarus, Lithuania and Gibraltar will now join Cyprus in the “play-outs.” NI will be sure to get a very tough draw in the Euros however, playing teams all above them in the international rankings.

Edited by Green Cockade - 28 Sep 2022 at 8:36am
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Reports today are indicating they stay up because they finished above Cyprus on goal difference. Belarus, Lithuania and Gibraltar will now join Cyprus in the “play-outs.” NI will be sure to get a very tough draw in the Euros however, playing teams all above them in the international rankings.

They have no chance at all in the Euros qualifiers. It is going to be tough for everyone though. Whoever gets France or England as the second pot draw in their group will have reason to feel hard done by.

I don't see what NI can do, all they can do is try to win a few games in the qualifiers and hopefully get a slightly more favourable pot for WC 2026. But how do you plan for a tournament that isn't for four years?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

They have no chance at all in the Euros qualifiers. It is going to be tough for everyone though. Whoever gets France or England as the second pot draw in their group will have reason to feel hard done by.

I don't see what NI can do, all they can do is try to win a few games in the qualifiers and hopefully get a slightly more favourable pot for WC 2026. But how do you plan for a tournament that isn't for four years?
they’ve very few players coming through of a standard that will give them a chance of tournament qualification in the future- euros via playoff spot in group C in their best chance but that’s 2028 - It does sound sadly similar but we have two bites of the cherry this time round.
Slovakia have fallen down very badly as well.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:35pm

Terri pulling out his yearly Shane Duffy/Rylan Clark trump card to deflect from Lafferty's bigotry. Clap
I made my view on Lafferty quite clear.

Meanwhile, you were the one who demanded (of 'Artie Ziff') to post examples of similarly bigoted remarks by a "Catholic" player..

In fact, you were all over this incident before I even commented.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

And is this latest smiling contribution from you your effort to put futher distance from the post where you called people "cheating Orange bastards"?

(Which bigotry drew no condmnation from HH, btw)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 7:33pm
Kyle Lafferty given a substantial fine by Kilmarnock for that video.

In theory the SFA could give him a ten match ban.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 1:19pm
Gareth McAuley thinks Lafferty has been stitched up and "up the Celts" was a declaration of war that warranted a sectarian slur in response.

What's with the "alleged" part BTW? Are they implying someone deepfaked Lafferty being a bigot?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:24am
I hope I have made my view clear.that there is no excuse for Lafferty, unlike McMernamin, who cam be excused.

But here is an extract from an interview with the mamager of Lisbutn Distillery, which posits an alternative take:

Barry Johnston says Northern Ireland pair deserve to move on with careers

The Lisburn Distillery manager added: "I am a die-hard Celtic fan. The kid went up intentionally to wind him up, and Kyle bit. He maybe had a few drinks in him and when he said it he probably thought 'oh s***'..

"It has probably cost him his Northern Ireland career.

"If someone called me that, it wouldn't be the worst thing someone has called me in my life, and I wouldn't really take offence to it. But maybe I am old school.

"I have been brought up around it so it doesn't annoy me, but nowadays people get offended way too easily.

"I understand people want it eradicated completely out of society, but it won't happen. Kids are brought up in different estates and their parents want their kids brought up that way which is completely wrong.

"It is a real problem in this country, and some athletes have been caught up in it. And in football it is divisive, where you have both sides of the community taking different sides.

"The Irish FA have tried to address it over the last 15-20 years. There is very little sectarianism at Northern Ireland games. If there is it is a small minority, and the IFA have been brilliant in addressing it.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-johnston-says-northern-ireland-25149048

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 12:41am
How is saying "Up the Celts" winding him up or a justification for using racist or sectarian slur? LOL

The lad is literally a celt, regardless of club allegiance!

He's 35 years old FFS. If he was over a decade younger I'd, maybe, cut him some slack.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 02 Oct 2022 at 1:01am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 6:03pm
Are people really offended being called a fenian??? Badge of honour in my books
Chips don't bounce
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 6:27pm
Backlash is very harsh in my opinion. When I heard he said something bad I twitter searched it first and I was like "what did he say, sounded like maybe Fenien but then why the hysteria" then proceeded to read that was in fact what he said. 
People definitely get way too offended these days 

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Oct 2022 at 6:28pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Are people really offended being called a fenian??? Badge of honour in my books
Professional footballers, especially those in the NI bubble, who play for an organisation that purports to represent both communities, should probably be held to a higher standard than the average dum-dum. And we all know the usual pearl clutchers who selectively think the use of sectarian slurs is quite alright in this one circumstance would be clenching their cheeks in anticipation to slam James McClean if he called Kirk Broadfoot a "Proddy twat", or would be demanding not to select a player again if a gypsy slur was used against a lad like Danny Mandroiu.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 9:30pm
Its offensive for sure but it wouldn't hurt my feelings LOL

If I called him an Orange Bastard it would be like republicans saying ''is that even offensive?''

Terrence's post above trying to downplay it because some nationalist wasn't offended.  Embarrassed

Like me calling someone a Paki yet they arent offended because they've been called a Paki all their lives in some rough neighbourhood in Bolton.

He was clearle set up to get a reaction but the chap is brain dead and fell into it like a sucker.  Some lads aren't the brightest.

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Oct 2022 at 9:31pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:27pm
It’s taken as an offensive slur more in the north 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence's post above trying to downplay it because some nationalist wasn't offended.  Embarrassed

Which part of my observation that "Lafferty's conduct was indefensible" didn't you get?

I have made my view crystal clear. But I thoughtt those comments from a Celtic fan were noteworthy, considering he has been intimately involved with football in NI, including internationals at Wiwdsor, for years.

Unlike you.

In the end, Johnston and I can agree to disagree.,

Unlike you, who only accepts one narrow, uninformed, and indeed ignorant, view of what goes on in NI football.

Perhaps you should get back to postig your humourous spoofs on Roy Keane - at least until you have something constructive to add to this thread?

Which I'm guessing could be quite some time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 369>
  Share Topic