You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kyle Lafferty in a Belfast night club last night
Someone asks him for a photo and while they’re posing shouts up the Celts
Lafferty responds with “pack of fenians” and walks away

I’ve seen the video, was on twitter earlier but then deleted 

Meanwhile on Planet Celtic - having banners saying f**k the crown and clapping if you hate the crown is Partybantz. But of course Lafferty is a disgrace LOL

Lafferty now subject to investigation by his club

You can't be going round calling people those sorts of names in 2022. 

If he was in a South London nightclub and called a load of Arsenal fans pack of n*****s would that be just bantz too?

You are only calling it out because he's a protestant. I have never once seen you post it up when a catholic player does or say anything sectarian. That's the point. 

Condemn him. Ignore someone else's actions when it doesn't suit your view

Post a few examples.

You want me to go trawling through social media for them. If you think this doesn't happen your deluded. Christ almighty. 

I don't have all day to spend on a forum arguing with strangers unlike yourself. 

You only come in this thread to troll Terri. 

So you are talking sh*te then. Thought so.

Never heard of a club suspending a player because of "banter". That's a first.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Is this not fake outrage? Would anyone on here really give a sh1t about being called a Fenian bastard? 

I’m sure there’s quite a few lads in the North who got called it on a regularly basis growing up! I got used to it as a child so it wouldn’t bother me now.

Yeah I don't doubt it. I suppose my point was that the Fenian reference is nowhere near as insulting as calling a black person the N word as Baggio suggested above. Being called a "Fenian bastard" is pretty much on a par with being called "an Irish bastard". It's intent in the context is defo derogatory but who cares? The Fenian Brotherhood was set up by an Irish fella. To be described as a Fenian wouldnt hurt the feelings of about 75% of this forum. I reckon that Lafferty is a known w@nker who has been happy to antagonize "the other side" whenever he can. Now he has left the hand out to be slapped and people are happy to nail him on it.  

Edited by MC Hammered - 23 Sep 2022 at 4:03pm
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:06pm

Kyle Lafferty in a Belfast night club last night
Someone asks him for a photo and while they’re posing shouts up the Celts
Lafferty responds with “pack of fenians” and walks away

I’ve seen the video, was on twitter earlier but then deleted 

Meanwhile on Planet Celtic - having banners saying f**k the crown and clapping if you hate the crown is Partybantz. But of course Lafferty is a disgrace LOL

If he was in a South London nightclub and called a load of Arsenal fans pack of n*****s would that be just bantz too?

You are only calling it out because he's a protestant. I have never once seen you post it up when a catholic player does or say anything sectarian. That's the point. 

Condemn him. Ignore someone else's actions when it doesn't suit your view

Post a few examples.

You want me to go trawling through social media for them. If you think this doesn't happen your deluded. Christ almighty. 

I don't have all day to spend on a forum arguing with strangers unlike yourself. 

You only come in this thread to troll Terri. 

So you are talking sh*te then. Thought so.

Never heard of a club suspending a player because of "banter". That's a first.

A Larne footballer wore a pro-IRA t shirt to a Wolfe Tones concert recently
Not sure how comparable that is, but I criticised him on here and he was sacked by his club
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:28pm
Why was he in a niteclub before a game and at his age!   I stopped going to niteclubs in my late 20s
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:30pm
The Larne player was John Herron, formerly of Celtic and Scotland under-21s. There have been infinitely worse in the Irish League over the years including jailbirds who have done time for paramilitary offences and other nasty stuff. I would not rule Herron returning to the Irish League when the fuss has died down as Jay Donnelly and others have done. I suppose times have changed since the war years and there is less tolerance for overt sectarianism. The kindest thing that can be said about Lafferty is that he is a moron. I don’t know if he is still afflicted with the same serious gambling addiction that has cost him most of the money he has made playing professional football but he is in the twilight of his career anyway and he could be on a real downward slide if Kilmarnock sack him. He has forced them to consider it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:30pm
This thread is certainly adding context to how people like Jeremy Clarkson can call their Irish producer a "stupid Irish c*nt" and get a promotion anyway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

The Larne player was John Herron, formerly of Celtic and Scotland under-21s. There have been infinitely worse in the Irish League over the years including jailbirds who have done time for paramilitary offences and other nasty stuff. I would not rule Herron returning to the Irish League when the fuss has died down as Jay Donnelly and others have done. I suppose times have changed since the war years and there is less tolerance for overt sectarianism. The kindest thing that can be said about Lafferty is that he is a moron. I don’t know if he is still afflicted with the same serious gambling addiction that has cost him most of the money he has made playing professional football but he is in the twilight of his career anyway and he could be on a real downward slide if Kilmarnock sack him. He has forced them to consider it.
Not that it excuses anything, because he has previous for sectarianism going back decades, but his sister died at a very young age recently.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why was he in a niteclub before a game and at his age!   I stopped going to niteclubs in my late 20s

It’s also a gay nightclub 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 5:05pm
IFA announced an hour before kick off that Conor McMenamin was withdrawn from the squad due to a historic video of him making a sectarian comment. (Singing the lyrics of Celtic Symphony). 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:04pm
Yet Declan Rice is still playing for England despite expressing the same sentiment ( also historically ). Maybe Conor Bradley will be next ? Or one of the five English guys or five Prods that make up the rest of today’s team. Anyway, poor first half for them, Kosovo should be two or three up.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:28pm
Were OWC players given the option to wear black armbands ? Most players are but some aren't.. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:02am
Good result for Cyprus tonight 
Does that leave it a win for Greece in midweek relegates NI?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 12:53pm

No excuse for Lafferty, and the IFA was quite right to send him home.

Absolutely

It's like eg someone from the other side referring to "cheating Orange bastards"

Oh, wait... Ermm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

IFA announced an hour before kick off that Conor McMenamin was withdrawn from the squad due to a historic video of him making a sectarian comment. (Singing the lyrics of Celtic Symphony). 
McMenamin has since been reinstated and has rejoined the squad out in Greece.

And although the IFA (typically) has not given their reasoning, I think it fair enough, since he was only a teenager when he made the remarks and he subsequently apologised.

Edited by Territorial - 26 Sep 2022 at 12:58pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

It’s also a gay nightclub 
So at least he's not homophobic, which is something I suppose.

Unlike eg this guy:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-44217006

Edited by Territorial - 26 Sep 2022 at 1:02pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:08pm
Exact parallel for McMenamin with Declan “Up The Ra” Rice then, though Deccie was never dropped from an England squad over it. The IFA has handled the McMenamin case very badly and likewise the Lafferty situation, with their beating around the bush as to whether he was out of the squad through injury or because of the sectarian comment for which he has not yet apologised. As I have said before,there has been infinitely worse in the past but that was before the internet and social media highlighted the faux pas of teenagers and 35 yr.old idiots.

Edited by Green Cockade - 26 Sep 2022 at 1:09pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Exact parallel for McMenamin with Declan “Up The Ra” Rice then, though Deccie was never dropped from an England squad over it. The IFA has handled the McMenamin case very badly and likewise the Lafferty situation, with their beating around the bush as to whether he was out of the squad through injury or because of the sectarian comment for which he has not yet apologised. As I have said before,there has been infinitely worse in the past but that was before the internet and social media highlighted the faux pas of teenagers and 35 yr.old idiots.

Re Lafferty, the IFA huerarchy decided (quite correctly) that he had to go. Whereas I think the "back injury" bit was a mere throwaway comment by Baraclough, on an "as it happens" basis.

If so, I don't think we should condemn IB/the IFA for it, since the important thing is that Laff was sent home.

Re McMenamin, I suspect the problem may have been that when the video was first brought to their attention, the IFA were caught on the hop and worried that there maight be other things out there to compound the offence, and so took no chances. (Also the desire to appear even-handed etc).

But when they made further enquiries (Glentoran, maybe?), they realised that it was isolated and in the past, so felt it correct to invite him back, rightly imo.

As much as anything else, I'd say the problem is that the IFA hasn't beem forthcoming in their responses to the two cases.

Then again, I guess a reluctance to get involved in a protracted "he said, she said" slanging match is also understandable.

As for Declan Rice, his case its not nearly so sensitive in England as these things are in Ireland (North or South). Indeed, if WHU fans don't give a stuff, why should anyone else?

Edited by Territorial - 26 Sep 2022 at 1:38pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:02pm
Terri pulling out his yearly Shane Duffy/Rylan Clark trump card to deflect from Lafferty's bigotry. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 369>
  Share Topic