You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 369>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

between Terry not letting any slight on NI / IFA going unanswered , lads who should probably know better but can’t resist kicking the gate , and lads on a black ops who couldn’t  see another POV if it fell on them or put themselves in somebody else’s shoes

this thread Dead
Sure arrange a meeting with Terri.see if you can squeeze into his stilettos!
Sponsored Links

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:17pm
It's how I imagine an ROI thread would be on the OWC forum 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

If that thread was a band it would probably be like GG Allin or Gwar. This thread is more like Coldplay or Toploader.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:50pm

There wouldn’t be one. I imagine!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:53pm

LOL Probably right. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:11am

OWC is not public, probably one of the only football sites which isn't. I wonder do they have something to hide?

I created an account but was quickly banned once they found out I was a filthy papist.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 2:26pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thought this was put to bed and Baxter got a 6 game ban for threatening behaviour or something.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 5:34pm
Lot of bad stuff going on at Crusaders. Their coach Darren Murphy , who has had problems with drink and depression, resigned recently after a punch-up with Glentoran assistant manager Paul Millar, who had been verbally abused and had bottles thrown at him by some lowlife elements.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 7:16pm
Interesting interview with Daniel Kearns (igone the usual GFA garbage):

This point stood out for me:

“I was still in the youth team at West Ham,” recalls Kearns, now 30. “I got a phone call one day from Sean McCaffrey, now sadly passed away. He was the under-age manager for the Republic.

“I listened to what he had to say about the set-up and the whole team. We (NI) had obviously come up against them as U17s and U19s, so I knew they were top players.

“He just asked if I fancied coming down to play for him. I had a quick chat with my mum and dad and the family, and I just thought, ‘Do you know what? I’m going to give this a go’, and that was it really.

That, of course, cannot be true, since the FAI always assured us that they don't make the first approach, they wait for players to approach them.

Also:

The former Peterborough United player insists he personally took no flak over his switch, moved on and is now happy at Solitude.

“I didn’t get any stick about my decision at all. It didn’t affect me at all.."

Which is, of course, as it should be, excpet that to listen to certain individuals on this forum, "Themmuns up there" always make things Hell for anyone switching....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 7:48pm
The north will be gutted to have missed out on Kearns
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 8:43pm
DM updates the thread and sure enough Terri gets the bat-signal and responds a few hours later because, again, he has nothing better to do than monitor the thread of an international team he doesn't support on a daily basis.

I still don't understand what the issue is. The North have repeatedly tapped up young RoI players (O'Connor, Burns, Dunne) and I'm sure you don't have posters called Eire32 going on NI forums whining about it like raving lunatics on a fortnightly basis.

Kearns declared for us over a decade ago, Terri. Move on with your life. It's clearly not affecting Kearns, so I'm not sure why you're getting so het up about it.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 21 Feb 2022 at 8:46pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

DM updates the thread and sure enough Terri gets the bat-signal and responds a few hours later because, again, he has nothing better to do than monitor the thread of an international team he doesn't support on a daily basis.

I still don't understand what the issue is. The North have repeatedly tapped up young RoI players (O'Connor, Burns, Dunne) and I'm sure you don't have posters called Eire32 going on NI forums whining about it like raving lunatics on a fortnightly basis.

Kearns declared for us over a decade ago, Terri. Move on with your life. It's clearly not affecting Kearns, so I'm not sure why you're getting so het up about it.

Date of Artcle: February 20 2022 01:55 AM
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 10:33pm
In fairness Terri I  would say this happens in every footballing country on the planet... if you see an eligable player who would be a benefit to your team then you can bet it goes on .. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

In fairness Terri I  would say this happens in every footballing country on the planet... if you see an eligable player who would be a benefit to your team then you can bet it goes on .. 

Indeed.

Except that the FAI always denied it, even after people like Chris Baird, Shane Ferguson and now Daniel Kearns confirmed it..

Still, I don't suppose we could ever have expected any better from an organisation where a snake like John Delaney employed the likes of Noel King to do his dirty work.
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 10:35am
Think everyone would agree about Delaney no suprise there but other than that the fai have done nothing wrong ...for example do you believe the Ifa approached the Fai first to ask Alex Bruce to switch.. not a chance it was all done behind the fai and it's not  a criticism of the Ifa it's how it's done throughout the world 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 10:46am
I doubt the FAI approached England about Mark Noble, or Scotland about Aiden McGeady, Rocco Vata or James McCarthy.

I can't say for sure one way or other, but I assume if Nigeria were interested in someone like Chiedozie Ogbene or Albania were interested in Kevin Zefi, they'd go straight to the player's representatives.

I've often heard stories about that in re: to Irish players eligible for other countries.

Ayman Ben Mohamed, Roberto Lopes, Eamon Zayed and Zack Elbouzedi are four I'm certain of. They were approached directly without going through the FAI first.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 11:20am
Footballers getting tapped up but association/club involved deny every doing it. Stop the presses, shut down football, this needs investigated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 369>
  Share Topic