You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I To be fair, that was during the war years and things have improved immeasurably in peacetime.
Thank you for that.

It's just a shame that so many people on this forum choose to live in the past.

You know, the ones who don't actually go to games.

I still go to Irish League games there and there remains an ugly revanchist element,hardcore Linfield/ Rangers loyalist Neds mainly, who are beyond educating and still make their abusive presence heard, especially when Cliftonville are playing them.
This NI fan has about as much time for Linfield/Rangers neds as he does for their Cliftonville/Celtic doppelgangers.
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I To be fair, that was during the war years and things have improved immeasurably in peacetime.
Thank you for that.

It's just a shame that so many people on this forum choose to live in the past.

You know, the ones who don't actually go to games.

I still go to Irish League games there and there remains an ugly revanchist element,hardcore Linfield/ Rangers loyalist Neds mainly, who are beyond educating and still make their abusive presence heard, especially when Cliftonville are playing them.
This NI fan has about as much time for Linfield/Rangers neds as he does for their Cliftonville/Celtic doppelgangers.
😂😂
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 4:58pm
I wonder what fringe benefits the IFA are thinking of getting with this potential acquisition.

Ermm

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Jul 2021 at 4:58pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I wonder what fringe benefits the IFA are thinking of getting with this potential acquisition.

Ermm

"Fringe Benefits" indeed...Wacko

People with your mindset spent years lambasting the IFA for not employing/selecting/developiing people from the Catholic/Nationalist community, persisting even long after such a claim had lost all credibility in the eyes of anyone who viewed the evidence objectively.

And now that not even you can keep it up, you're so desperate to have a pop at "Themmuns" that you take a new tack i.e. that the IFA is somehow deviously and nefariously trying to "coerce" or "pressure" [your terms] youngsters against their will, even when at the expense of their Protestant/Unionist counterparts.

That the people at the IFA simply don't give a stuff about any of this, just whether you can kick a ball straight, is clearly beyond your own, bigoted outlook.

Though if there is one "fringe benefit" to all this, it is that it clearly sickens your hole to see* that we're doing all right by people, so leaving you ever more desperate to try to score points.

I should pity you but I can't, since I'm too busy getting on with the 21st century.

* - "See", but never admit.

Edited by Territorial - 21 Jul 2021 at 3:35pm
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:41pm
I'm not sure he'd admit anybody to his hole!
The IFA approach is a virtue of necessity, imho. 

It'd be different if they could get only players from their dwindling population
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

The IFA approach is a virtue of necessity, imho. 

It'd be different if they could get only players from their dwindling population
And your opinion, humble or otherwise, counts for jacksh!t.

I mean, there is no "necessity" to recruit off-the-field staff from outside our "dwindling population" [sic] for example, yet the diversity of people in every aspect of their operation is entirely representative of the whole of NI:

https://www.irishfa.com/irish-football-association/about-the-ifa/irish-fa-staff

On and while we're on the subject, no community in NI is declining in numbers, much less "dwindling":

"Northern Ireland, as recorded by the 2011 United Kingdom census, has a population of 1,810,863, an increase of 125,800 (7.5%) over the ten-year period since the last census."

So it seems you know jack about demographics, too.

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jul 2021 at 4:41pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:39pm
Here's what I know for sure:
You're going to be in the minority shortly.Wink

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:41pm
Jesus Christ Territorial but you are a pain in the hole Dead
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ermm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57976109

Meanwhile, those dastardly Scousers are "coercing" young Conor Bradley by offering him money:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57973760

They'll be picking him to play for them next...LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:31pm
Yeah you get paid in club professional football
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, just the same as if you're good enough to be paid to play professional football, you're going to be of interest to your local National Association.

Especially if they operate a "fast-track" programme for young professionals.

Edited by Territorial - 27 Jul 2021 at 5:00pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:59pm
Fast Track Programme, is it?
So that's what F. T. P. stands for? 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:26pm

LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He's living in cloud cuckoo land. Wacko Sure he has as many waffling comments on Foot.ie as he has here.

He hibernates when Danny Invincible is around to refute everything he says. But I don't have as much patience as he does.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:00pm
I see BPF has been fast tracked to League One with Sheffield Wednesday. Never going to make it at Burnley with three other keepers ahead of him now.

Edited by Green Cockade - 27 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm

LOL

Edited by horsebox - 27 Jul 2021 at 7:58pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:33am

Up to 13,000 fans will attend the Uefa Super Cup between Chelsea and Villareal at Windsor Park in Belfast on 11 August.

With the venue allowed to operate at 70% of its maximum capacity, it will be the biggest crowd to attend a sporting event in Northern Ireland since before the first lockdown in March 2020.

The decision was made after talks between the Irish FA, Uefa and the NI Executive, who also reached an agreement that travelling Villareal fans will not have to self-isolate.

All spectators will be asked to show proof of double vaccination or provide a negative Covid-19 test on entry.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 4:32pm

I see BPF has been fast tracked to League One with Sheffield Wednesday. Never going to make it at Burnley with three other keepers ahead of him now.

Alternatively, he's been sent out to get experience for future purposes i.e. if/when Pope should be sold, like eg Heaton.

Meaniing Hennessey (34) was signed as experienced cover should Pope get injured/suspended.

As for Norris, considering he's 28 next week, if he hasn't made it by now, then he probably won't. From what I can tell, Burnley fans don't seem too impressed by him, at any rate.

Time will tell.

Edited by Territorial - 04 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 312313314315316 369>
  Share Topic