You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Mo chara Gareth McAuley was spoting serious sh*te in  a Belfast Telegraph article saying how he and TE would love to beat the smug EIRE and Uefa in the playoffs and how Uefa fixed the draw in favour of EIRE when we were taken out of Germany's group and they were put in just because we have more money and a better stadium.
Big G is indeed talking nonsense.

I wonder where he got it from?

You probably

I don't talk to Taigs like McAuley.
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Must be true if somebody called hugh arse said it on an internet forum.

LOLLOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:46pm

Mo chara Gareth McAuley was spoting serious sh*te in  a Belfast Telegraph article saying how he and TE would love to beat the smug EIRE and Uefa in the playoffs and how Uefa fixed the draw in favour of EIRE when we were taken out of Germany's group and they were put in just because we have more money and a better stadium.

You probably

Do you ever get those cuts on the side of your mouth after eating Mr. Freeze?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:54pm

You probably

Do you ever get those cuts on the side of your mouth after eating Mr. Freeze?

I have no idea what that means.

And I don't suppose I'd be any better off if I did.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
They are an ice lolly served in a translucent plastic tube about 1 ft long.  They are delicious if you don't mind the lacerations to the mouth.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 1:52am

They are an ice lolly served in a translucent plastic tube about 1 ft long.  They are delicious if you don't mind the lacerations to the mouth.

As I suspected, no better off.

Oh well.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 4:59pm
Part time Michael has lost two on the spin. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
I've done some research: Catholic McAuleys would have come to Ireland from the Western Isles of Scotland before reformation. They would have come as Gallowglasses,who were Norse Gaelic mercenaries fighting against the English/ Normans on behalf of the Irish nobles.The name Gallowglass is the anglicisation of the gaelic Gall Oglach.Many remained in Ireland.Other Gallowglass names are Gallogly, McDonnell, McSweeney, McCabe, McAllister and McRory.That's not an exhaustive list of Gallowglass surnames.Any Presbyterians bearing any such name is unlikely to be descended from the Gallowglass, and is most likely to have arrived in Ulster as economic migrants during the Plantation of Ulster.So, Gareth may not be a "Taig", to use the term used by Terry Tory.The Galloglasses were of mixed Norse/ Gaelic ethnicity, b ut would have spoken Gaelic and been identical to the Irish in custom and culture.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 9:23am
Morning Marti. Did ye look that up on Matapedia? (Other Quebecois puns are available)

All my McAllister relatives were Prods btw
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Morning Marti. Did ye look that up on Matapedia? (Other Quebecois puns are available)

All my McAllister relatives were Prods btw
Mornin Flory.     It's Matapédia.Don't forget the accent.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

I've done some research: Catholic McAuleys would have come to Ireland from the Western Isles of Scotland before reformation. They would have come as Gallowglasses,who were Norse Gaelic mercenaries fighting against the English/ Normans on behalf of the Irish nobles.The name Gallowglass is the anglicisation of the gaelic Gall Oglach.Many remained in Ireland.Other Gallowglass names are Gallogly, McDonnell, McSweeney, McCabe, McAllister and McRory.That's not an exhaustive list of Gallowglass surnames.Any Presbyterians bearing any such name is unlikely to be descended from the Gallowglass, and is most likely to have arrived in Ulster as economic migrants during the Plantation of Ulster.So, Gareth may not be a "Taig", to use the term used by Terry Tory.The Galloglasses were of mixed Norse/ Gaelic ethnicity, b ut would have spoken Gaelic and been identical to the Irish in custom and culture.

Confused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Confused

I know.

Now it's fair to say I'm hardly a stranger to dragging threads off topic on occasion, but as horsesh*t goes, that's Derby winning stuff, way out of my league.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:47pm

Confused

I know.

Now it's fair to say I'm hardly a stranger to dragging threads off topic on occasion, but as horsesh*t goes, that's Derby winning stuff, way out of my league.
      Yeah, and it hasn't gone unnoticed that you don't get censured by anyone for using the word Taig.....a derogatory term on a par with the N word.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:17pm
Taig and proud 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:04am

Edited by Territorial - 03 Dec 2019 at 1:10am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:08am

Edited by Territorial - 03 Dec 2019 at 1:11am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:09am

Confused

I know.

Yeah, and it hasn't gone unnoticed that you don't get censured by anyone for using the word Taig.....a derogatory term on a par with the N word.

It was ironic.

You know, in the context of some dipstick (a ) imagining he knew Big G's religion from his surname, and (b ) imagining that that somehow informed his opinion, in a way that it wouldn't have had he been a Hun [sic].

But if you like, next time we're playing the game of Sectarian Stereotyping, I'll replace it with the James McClean's preferred term, "Fenian".

That ok?

Edited by Territorial - 03 Dec 2019 at 1:09am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:23am

"We would all love to see the reaction of Scottish fans if they were told they had to have a united team with the English!Do me a favour. Not in my lifetime is that happening. It could be different with Ireland though. At a time when it is harder than ever for young players to make a breakthrough in the ranks in Ireland and play for a big team in England, having one Ireland team might be a sensible move at some point

First interesting thing Gerry 'Uncle Tom' Armstrong ever said. 

I'm sure the Unionist support base of N.I. football team will love that from the hero of Valencia LOL 

Edited by irishmufc - 03 Dec 2019 at 11:34am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 369>
  Share Topic