You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 369>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Jeez, the Hillbilly is quoting scripture now as biblical validation of his whataboutery
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I also thoroughly enjoyed the game.  I thought Germany were fortunate to go in at half time on level terms.  A 2006 Davd Healy would have made a huge difference.  

Tactical changes after the break seemed to catch Northern Ireland out and Gnarbry looked much more dangerous.   They kept finding pockets of space that didn't exist in the first half.  They re-grouped and could have taken a point.   

Brilliant atmosphere as always.  

Four points v the Dutch is too big an ask so it looks like the playoffs.   

Did you think the No Surrender chants added to the “brilliant atmosphere”?
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Jeez, the Hillbilly is quoting scripture now as biblical validation of his whataboutery

Marti i personally think that Terris point was more whataboutery than ad hominem as well.

yours was pure ad hominem though and if you call him names again you're going on a holiday from here 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Marti i personally think that Terris point was more whataboutery than ad hominem as well.

Thank you, but I have to say, I fear you don't understand 'Whataboutery' any more than SuperDave understands 'ad hominem'.

Whataboutery is where someone seeks to avoid all blame for his own failings by pointing to the (usually greater) failings of another i.e. "You can't blame me for stealing £5, cos him over there stole £10, and that's far worse"

Whereas I never tried to deny my own team's failings; rather I described the No Surrender business as "crap", and the chanters as "Bucky-fuelled meatheads... behaving like Pavlov's dogs etc"

So my charge was actually one of Double Standards (mote and beam etc), in this case on the part of another poster.

Finally, both SuperDave and Martiponti should note that just because I happened to quote the Bible doesn't mean I'm a Christian, Hillbilly or otherwise. I mean, if I were to quote eg Lewis Carroll, would that mean I believe in talking teapots, or eg Dean Swift, in an island inhabited by tiny little people?
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:04pm
I said it was more whataboutery than ad hominem , purely an opinion 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I said it was more whataboutery than ad hominem , purely an opinion 

You big virtue signaller
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Oh my daddy is bigger than yours

So is your woman 
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:41pm
Dean Swift sound like he lives on a housing project in a loyalist part of Belfast and plays for NI, like Josh, Joel, Cory etc.You know    classy people!   
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:08pm

Dean Swift sound like he lives on a housing project in a loyalist part of Belfast and plays for NI, like Josh, Joel, Cory etc.You know    classy people!   

Only to someone with a mindset which is forever seeing ignorant, insulting stereotypes about "themmuns".

The rest of us think of one of the greatest writers and satirists in the history of the English language.

I'd give you a steer in his direction, only his wit and wisdom would doubtless be entirely wasted on you.

Edited by Territorial - 11 Sep 2019 at 9:09pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Absolutely! Couldn't agree more.I wouldn't know if Gullivers Travels was some sort of allegorical tale.But hey, I loved his TV series: Land of the Giants, which was a very clever role reversal.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Only to someone with a mindset which is forever seeing ignorant, insulting stereotypes about "themmuns".

The rest of us think of one of the greatest writers and satirists in the history of the English language.

I'd give you a steer in his direction, only his wit and wisdom would doubtless be entirely wasted on you.

'Burn everything English but their coal', that's one of my favourites of his

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 11 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:42pm
and their people...
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:30am
Morning all. I had to watch it on TV, but looking forward to the party train to Feyenoord 😀

PS Jonathan Swift was indeed a fellow Tiger's Bay resident like myself. Lilliput Street marks the site of his house 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Morning all. I had to watch it on TV, but looking forward to the party train to Feyenoord 😀

PS Jonathan Swift was indeed a fellow Tiger's Bay resident like myself. Lilliput Street marks the site of his house 
      Is he Dean's brother?And where does Travis fit in?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:32pm
Windsor Park to hold the 2021 European Super Cup final.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Great opportunity for the IFA to play GSTQ 3 times before KO.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 9:24pm
More money for Linfield...again.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Windsor Park to hold the 2021 European Super Cup final.

Surprised it meets the criteria.
Only holds 18k.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 369>
  Share Topic