You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 369>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:30am
Oliver Nowhere has gone away

Jordan Thompson/ Liam Donnelly is here to stay?

Generally agree with Terri above. This has been coming (after missing the last NL game suspended he cut the March then June games citing both injury, personal reasons)  and getting a suntan in Valencia. Orange Blossom Coast trumps Orange Statelet Tongue

The timing's odd even once we accept the inevitability than professional sportsmen will act selfishly to prolong their careers. He seems to think that a regular week off between slugfests with other EPL strugglers is more enticing than playing 4 games against Europe's best.

In the short term, playing those 4 games would have likely made little difference to prolonging that EPL career. The Blunts are likely to go down regardless of his performances; a better side won't necessarily sign him at 28-29 when every wunderkind Worldwide is available. And of course he's 8 or 9 times more likely to be injured playing for them than  NI. Although if he really is Sheff Utd's alpha male Billy Wilder is hardly going to sign Pogba or Coutinho to replace him.

I'm more worried about reserve centre backs right now

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 20 Aug 2019 at 11:37am
Sponsored Links

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:39am
Ps good luck to the guy anyway. 57 caps (including 29 successive competitive starts 2014-18) is impressive
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Oliver Nowhere has gone away

Jordan Thompson/ Liam Donnelly is here to stay?

Generally agree with Terri above. This has been coming (after missing the last NL game suspended he cut the March then June games citing both injury, personal reasons)  and getting a suntan in Valencia. Orange Blossom Coast trumps Orange Statelet Tongue

The timing's odd even once we accept the inevitability than professional sportsmen will act selfishly to prolong their careers. He seems to think that a regular week off between slugfests with other EPL strugglers is more enticing than playing 4 games against Europe's best.

In the short term, playing those 4 games would have likely made little difference to prolonging that EPL career. The Blunts are likely to go down regardless of his performances; a better side won't necessarily sign him at 28-29 when every wunderkind Worldwide is available. And of course he's 8 or 9 times more likely to be injured playing for them than  NI. Although if he really is Sheff Utd's alpha male Billy Wilder is hardly going to sign Pogba or Coutinho to replace him.

I'm more worried about reserve centre backs right now

LOL

Just out of curiosity, did the Swiss fill their allocation when your lot played them in Belfast? What's the  away support allocation for Windsor/national stadium?

They seem to bring a large support to the tournaments so I'd expect at least 1K when we play them in two weeks. 

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Aug 2019 at 11:47am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:04pm
5% at Windsor is about 900 (usually housed at western end of South Stand, ie to left of camera). From memory I think the Swiss nearly filled the area

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 20 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:19pm
The Swiss did sell their allocation for the playoff in Belfast.  However away allocations are pretty small.  The Dutch are only getting 700 tickets for November according to a friend who is in their fanclub.  I think the Swiss got more for the playoff but can't recall for sure.

No idea how many they will bring to Dublin. Not sure where you get the idea they bring big support to tournaments. I was behind the goal at Albania v Switzerland in Lens and thought I was in the Albanian end as the crowd was over 90% Albanian.  Turns out I was in the Swiss end as the other end was almost 100% Albanian.  Even at the Rof16 in St. Etienne (day before France game in Lyon) close to the Swiss border on a Saturday they were outnumbered by the Poles. 

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just out of curiosity, did the Swiss fill their allocation when your lot played them in Belfast? What's the  away support allocation for Windsor/national stadium?

They seem to bring a large support to the tournaments so I'd expect at least 1K when we play them in two weeks. 

Not sure about their clubs, but from what I've seen, Swiss support for their National Team is pretty pathetic, home and away.

Football just isn't that big a deal with them, tbh.

And if you look at the squad members who've brought them a degree of success recently, there aren't too many "Schumachers" or "Favres" to be found, it's domnated by 1st or 2nd generation immigrants from outside the country:
https://twitter.com/SFV_ASF/status/1133012745895522304
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The Swiss did sell their allocation for the playoff in Belfast.  However away allocations are pretty small.  The Dutch are only getting 700 tickets for November according to a friend who is in their fanclub.  I think the Swiss got more for the playoff but can't recall for sure.

No idea how many they will bring to Dublin. Not sure where you get the idea they bring big support to tournaments. I was behind the goal at Albania v Switzerland in Lens and thought I was in the Albanian end as the crowd was over 90% Albanian.  Turns out I was in the Swiss end as the other end was almost 100% Albanian.  Even at the Rof16 in St. Etienne (day before France game in Lyon) close to the Swiss border on a Saturday they were outnumbered by the Poles. 

Tbh I'm only going by tv but it seemed like they had large support in the stands but I might have that wrong. Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Norwood retires at 28. 

Norwood has had a fallout with Michael O'Neill apparently.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm
Kyle Lafferty has signed for Norwegian club Sarpsborg 08.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
Lafferty left out of NI squad, as is McAuley.

Surprise inclusion: Callum Morris Smile
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Lafferty left out of NI squad, as is McAuley.

Surprise inclusion: Callum Morris Smile

Michael O'Neill tealeafing again. He's one of ours - played for us at U19 and U21 level.

Not really a surprise that he's been called up, I was half expecting it given how short you are at centre-half with Hughes retired, McAuley clubless and Ballard injured.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:15pm
Can you remember the meltdowns when a NI player opted to play for ROI?

O'Neill crying to the media about stealing their players.

How many players now has O'Neill took from us?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Feckin hypocrite Michael  O' Neill.

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Aug 2019 at 8:16pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Dear oh dear. Wacko

Morris was born in England, with ancestry in both NI and ROI, so he's as much "ours" as "yours".

Meanwhile, Michael has only ever selected ROI-born players if they also have an ancestral connection to NI.

Hardly the same as your team selecting players born and developed in NI, with no ancestral connection to ROI, is it?

Oh, and while I'm here, Michael has NOT complained about NI-born players also being eligible, and selected, for ROI.

Rather he has criticised the FAI when they select young players who have already represented NI, thereby using up their one permitted switch before they know how their career is likely to pan out.

Leading to the situation whereby s.o. who doesn't greatly mind which team he plays for (such people do exist, btw) only getting some under-age caps for ROI before being discarded, when he might have got much more opportunity with NI, due to our smaller senior playing pool.

Edited by Territorial - 29 Aug 2019 at 12:04am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Rather he has criticised the FAI when they select young players who have already represented NI, thereby using up their one permitted switch before they know how their career is likely to pan out.

Which is exactly what he’s done here

Hypocrite 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Which is exactly what he’s done here

Hypocrite 

Er, Callum Morris will be 30 next birthday.

From what I can gather, he last represented ROI at U-21 level in 2010(?) - can't have been after 2011, 2012 at the v.latest.

And he plays for Ross County, having signed from Dunfermline.

I can't believe even you could be so stupid as not to appreciate the distinctions involved, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put it down to ignorance.

LOL

Edited by Territorial - 29 Aug 2019 at 2:50pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:49pm
Surely if it’s that bad a crime in footballing terms, I mean it probably influenced you to join the forum of a rival team, then age isn’t that big a factor and it’s the principle of it

OK for Michael O’Neill to do it, a disgrace when the FAI do it. I get ya.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:53pm
Michael O'Neill has been diagnosed with a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 369>
  Share Topic