You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 369>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:21pm
Is she chained up, or was she fit to be tied when Lafferty was sending naughty things on his cell phone?🤔
Sponsored Links

Davros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

And the pomposity, don,t forget that 😄

Certainly that by the bucket load...
Integrate, Integrate!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 12:10pm
@Territorial do you rate Conor McLaughlin?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

@Territorial do you rate Conor McLaughlin?
Yep - as I said on the Sunderland thread, he could be a very good signingfor any League One club.

It's funny, he was always rated as a lesser prospect than his kid brother Ryan, who was at Liverpool and highly regarded.

But for whatever reason, Ryan's career never took off (signed for Rochdale in January).

Meanwhile, Conor seemed to just get on with things. He had made a breakthrough with PNE, then surprised people by dropping down a division to Lge Two to join Fleetwood Town, just promoted to the EFL for the first time in their history.

However, from what I can tell, Fleetwood's ambitious owner was at that stage spending serious money on wages, so Conor will almost certainly have been earning more money.

He was a regular at Fleetwood, inc the team that got promoted to League One - their 6th promotion in 10 years. Anyhow, after a few years, the owner changed course and started putting his money into the stadium, rather than players' wages, and Conor moved on to Millwall, for their return to the Championship.

I really don't know why it didn't work out there, but from having seen him play a good few times for NI, I've no doubt he has the basic ability to play for a lower half Championship team.

And although he recently lost his NI place at RB to Michael Smith (Hearts), that may just because Conor was lacking match practice - Michael O'Neill seems to have rated him highly enough, and he doesn't normally tolerate wasters.

Btw, he's fairly quick and with decent control, making him very much an attacking RB, should that be what Sunderland need.

P.S. I don't mean to make out he's a mercenary over Fleetwood etc. Tbh, there's very little money in lower league football and he really can't be blamed for maximising his earning potential the way he has. Certainly made more of his (lesser) talent than Ryan.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:12am
Stephen Robinson has signed a two year extension to his contract for Motherwell.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:51pm
Crusaders putting up a good fight against Wolves. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:35pm
BRAVE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:59am
Early days in the season but after Linfield lost 2 4 at home to Coleraine yesterday they are currently eighth in league Crusaders are top.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Early days in the season but after Linfield lost 2 4 at home to Coleraine yesterday they are currently eighth in league Crusaders are top.

very early days as you say.  Linfield have played only 2 games as the Ballymena match was postponed due to Europe.  It was a heavy defeat possbly caused by having one eye on Thursdays Europa League tie.  However they wouldn't want to let the Crues get too far ahead.  
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:54pm
Cliftonville were horrible yesterday against Crusaders. Beat 2-0. Few Rovers lads up after the Derry game Friday night
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:43pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:01pm
He's arguably their most important midfielder along with Davis and Dallas. Has to be seen as a massive blow for them. 

You'd think he'd have seen out the campaign. Strange timing. 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Aug 2019 at 2:01pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:09pm
Michael O'Neill will probably blame the FAI. Big smile
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He's arguably their most important midfielder along with Davis and Dallas. Has to be seen as a massive blow for them. 

Didn’t bother starting the campaign for them.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Didn't realize that. Did they half expect it if he was making himself unavailable from the start of the euro qualifiers? 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm

Didn't realize that. Did they half expect it if he was making himself unavailable from the start of the euro qualifiers? 
There was clearly something up, so this latest news was not greatly unexpected.

Tbh, it's hard to say what's behind it. There are rumours of a falling-out with Michael, and/or family or personal problems, without any evidence of same.

I myself suspect that after finally getting to the PL at the third attempt (transferred successively by both Brighton and Fulham after they won promotion), he's decided he has to give everything to Sheff U in order to stay there.

A couple of 10 day breaks each season, plus a completely free summer would certainly help his preparation, fitness and recovery etc for club games, esp if he's being pushed every PL game to stay competitive.

And Sheff U would certainly be happy with this decision, even if Michael clearly isn't:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49396878

If Sheff U were maybe "nudging" him towards this, I wonder what they think about their ROI contingent heading off on international duty? Maybe the difference there is that none of them is guaranteed to play every minute of every game, like Norwood? (Maybe Robinson? Egan, even?)

Oh well, it's a big blow, but we've had those before and come through, so we'll just have to do so again.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
I would imagine Egan and Stevens will be, fitness and form permitting, playing the full 90 mins of every game so I don't think that's got much to do with it. Your overall assessment is probably accurate however - i.e that after a couple of close shaves he wants to give it everything in order to be successful in the division. Big loss to NI in any event, he's a decent player.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

There was clearly something up, so this latest news was not greatly unexpected.

Tbh, it's hard to say what's behind it. There are rumours of a falling-out with Michael, and/or family or personal problems, without any evidence of same.

I myself suspect that after finally getting to the PL at the third attempt (transferred successively by both Brighton and Fulham after they won promotion), he's decided he has to give everything to Sheff U in order to stay there.

A couple of 10 day breaks each season, plus a completely free summer would certainly help his preparation, fitness and recovery etc for club games, esp if he's being pushed every PL game to stay competitive.

And Sheff U would certainly be happy with this decision, even if Michael clearly isn't:

If Sheff U were maybe "nudging" him towards this, I wonder what they think about their ROI contingent heading off on international duty? Maybe the difference there is that none of them is guaranteed to play every minute of every game, like Norwood? (Maybe Robinson? Egan, even?)

Oh well, it's a big blow, but we've had those before and come through, so we'll just have to do so again.

Stevens & maybe McGoldrick at a push (Long probably) are guaranteed starters under Mick but not Egan and Robinson assuming everyone's fit. 

Couldn't imagine many others on the N.I. team (excluding that Fermanagh wingnut up front) pulling plug like that. 

Desperate to see any player giving up playing for their national side at a young age and potentially miss out on playing in world cups but it's probably a sensible career decision in prolonging his club career in the top flight. 

I wouldn't put it past 'Arry' Arter doing the something similar with us tbh. 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Aug 2019 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 369>
  Share Topic