You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 369>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:54pm
And the pomposity, don,t forget that 😄
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Ah we could all pack up and go home if the hubris and pomposity went missing.
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:58pm

Speaking of which, where is Terri?
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:17pm
Somewhere between Minsk and Gatwick probably 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:57pm
Bosnia and Austria beat them home and away in the Nations League. I expect the Germans and the Dutch will manage the same. These results have just given them false hope in my opinion.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Bosnia and Austria beat them home and away in the Nations League. I expect the Germans and the Dutch will manage the same. These results have just given them false hope in my opinion.
True but the reality is they go into their last 4 matches knowing 1 upset could see them through. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

True but the reality is they go into their last 4 matches knowing 1 upset could see them through. 
The same as us.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm

I watched all 4 of their games and in truth they were extremely unlucky that in definitely 3 of the 4 games they played it was poor finishing on their part that really cost them. Otherwise they had the measure of both Bosnia and Austria.

O'Neill also used the Nations League to try and get them playing a more open and expansive game which bit them in the arse a tad because they weren't as solid at the back and were missing some handy chances up the far end.

I don't think these results have given them any false hope either, they are a well oiled machine now who seem to have no problems mixing it with no matter who the opposition is.

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I watched all 4 of their games and in truth they were extremely unlucky that in definitely 3 of the 4 games they played it was poor finishing on their part that really cost them. Otherwise they had the measure of both Bosnia and Austria.

O'Neill also used the Nations League to try and get them playing a more open and expansive game which bit them in the arse a tad because they weren't as solid at the back and were missing some handy chances up the far end.

I don't think these results have given them any false hope either, they are a well oiled machine now who seem to have no problems mixing it with no matter who the opposition is.

The main caveat to these recent results is that Estonia and Belarus are very poor sides. If it’s harsh to judge them off the losses against Austria and Bosnia then it’s equally foolish to overhype them after beating two sides that are worse then Georgia in my opinion. The fact of the matter is that they haven’t played a League B standard side since a very questionable Austrian side won 1-0 in Windsor Park. Israel took apart that Austrian side back in March. Ireland may also have false hope with our 10 points from 4 games but we showed we can mix it with the big boys in our group after the draw in Copenhagen. They have yet to cross that river.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:16am
Georgia would be better than both Estonia and Belarus agreed, "but" we played absolutely sh*te twice against Gibraltar who themselves are far weaker than Estonia and Belarus.

The main difference here is that Northern Ireland's performances by in large over the last 3-4 years have been far better than ours, (there's probably minimal difference results wise between us and them also) where as ours have been generally for the most part poor (that's including some of the games we took points in)

I've said this time and time again that when you're riding your luck so often like we do eventually the luck will run out and I feel after that draw in Denmark that is where our luck ends in this group.

It's chalk and cheese watching us and Northern Ireland when comparing how well they're set up, phases of play, tactics, set pieces etc it's actually depressing given how many players we have operating at a higher level than theres.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm

The main caveat to these recent results is that Estonia and Belarus are very poor sides...            ...two sides that are worse then Georgia in my opinion. 
If the FIFA Rankings are anything to go by, they're all much of a muchness.

Belarus are currently 81, Georgia are 94 and Estonia 96.

And their historic averages are Belarus 83, Georgia 91 and Estonia 92.

As for NI's recent performances, I really think Estonia took NI by surprise by playing a very aggressive, energetic 4-2-4, which really negated our style in the first half. (Basically their front four never let our back four and gk build the play from deep)

But Michael then made tactical changes and substitutions in the 2nd, which turned it round. The weather was exceptionally hot and humid, and Estonia are just a couple of months into their (summer) season, so it was a real tribute to our boys' commitment and effort that we finished the stronger.

Re. the 8-0 hammering by the Germans, I can only conclude that Estonia had thought they were going to get something out of their game against us, but were so sickened by the late turnaround that they lost all hope of getting anything out of the Group and are "concentrating on the League"?

As for Belarus, in some ways they're not a bad side (they have a v'good, physical back four), but the reason they're not a good side either is because their finishing is if anything, even worse than NI's!

Anyhow, like the rest of the GAWA, I was enormously heartened by the two displays, since the effort, commitment, organisation and progressive playing style (two 2nd halves, at least) shines out.

We must still be (long) odds-against any hope of scraping in in 2nd place in the Group, but so long as we have our "big" players all available, I believe we can at least give the Germans and Dutch a game, home and away. 

Edited by Territorial - 13 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:30pm
Sure thing, Sir.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Indeed. And we would need only one to equalise.

When my missus asks me what I'm doing fluting about on the forum, this is what she doesn't understand. It's the insights and new knowledge acquisition that sets this place apart. 

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

The main caveat to these recent results is that Estonia and Belarus are very poor sides...            ...two sides that are worse then Georgia in my opinion. 

As for NI's recent performances, I really think Estonia took NI by surprise by playing a very aggressive, energetic 4-2-4, which really negated our style in the first half. (Basically their front four never let our back four and gk build the play from deep)

But Michael then made tactical changes and substitutions in the 2nd, which turned it round. The weather was exceptionally hot and humid, and Estonia are just a couple of months into their (summer) season, so it was a real tribute to our boys' commitment and effort that we finished the stronger.

Re. the 8-0 hammering by the Germans, I can only conclude that Estonia had thought they were going to get something out of their game against us, but were so sickened by the late turnaround that they lost all hope of getting anything out of the Group and are "concentrating on the League"?

As for Belarus, in some ways they're not a bad side (they have a v'good, physical back four), but the reason they're not a good side either is because their finishing is if anything, even worse than NI's!

Anyhow, like the rest of the GAWA, I was enormously heartened by the two displays, since the effort, commitment, organisation and progressive playing style (two 2nd halves, at least) shines out.

We must still be (long) odds-against any hope of scraping in in 2nd place in the Group, but so long as we have our "big" players all available, I believe we can at least give the Germans and Dutch a game, home and away. 

Yah yah never mind all that. 

Had you any luck with any of the cute wee blonds in your away support in Belarus? 

If not, put in a good word mo chara Thumbs Up
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Had you any luck with any of the cute wee blonds in your away support in Belarus? 
How do you know I'm not one of our cute wee blondes myself? Wink

If you're into brunettes, Mrs. Laff says hello!

(Well it's better than Davy Keogh saying it)
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:59pm

I wouldn't bet against NI taking a point or two off Germany and NL. Just because you lost 3-1 to Germany at home last time, doesn't mean this will be repeated again.....football can be full of surprises.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:00pm

How do you know I'm not one of our cute wee blondes myself? Wink

If you're into brunettes, Mrs. Laff says hello!

(Well it's better than Davy Keogh saying it)

I'd rather you put in a good word with Kyle. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 5:48am
She's a twin too Muff so you might have a chance.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 369>
  Share Topic