You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 369>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:21am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That girl has huge breasts.

You'd have slated Horsebox if he made a similar comment LOL

(I know you were taking the p*ss)

Edited by The Huntacha - 26 Mar 2019 at 4:22am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I wouldn’t, I doubt he could have made it without using sexist language though. 

‘That fat orange bird could feed Africa, what? Up ourra that!’
Something along those lines.

Anyway, it was the most shocking thing in that video, as well as the fact that there are better versions of that song out there. Is anybody actually offended by that? I’m no fan of Roman Catholics myself.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:44am
Its highly sectarian and offensive.
If they were singing we hate blacks or we hate muslims you'd be in outrage. Stop looking for attention.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its highly sectarian and offensive.
If they were singing we hate blacks or we hate muslims you'd be in outrage. Stop looking for attention.
They’re the only ones looking for attention. They want to offend and seem to be getting the reaction they want.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:38am
That's assuming they all know they're being filmed and its going to be sent out to people who it might offend.
They could also just be singing it because they're knuckle dragging bigots.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:38am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
Whether they know they are being filmed or not, they are singing it because they think it is offensive.
In reality it is rather pathetic, but they will enjoy the media furore that this gets for five minutes, which in turn will encourage another lot to sing it before a game and we will do it all again.

If any of us were really offended we wouldn’t have pressed play.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Was I the only one to hear IRA chants in Gibraltar?

I wouldn't say chants the usual add ons during selected songs unfortunately from the usual suspects
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Don't forget to watch the Royal Bar's webcam this evening. They'll be singing Marching through, Georgia 

Hello. Hello? Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I wouldn't say chants the usual add ons during selected songs unfortunately from the usual suspects

And the point is?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:44am

‘That fat orange bird could feed Africa, what? Up ourra that!’
Something along those lines.

LOLLOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:50am

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

And the point is?

There are plenty of clowns in our support (and I dont mean the circus types)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm

And then the goal posts get moved.....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

And then the goal posts get moved.....
Explain?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:24pm
So what the NI fans tried to say and whats been revealed:

It was in a bar nowhere near the stadium - nope it was in a popular watering hole for fans heading to Windsor

It was from years ago - it was Sunday night as San Marino v Scotland can be seen on the screens in the background

They're dregs of society - probably true

They're not real NI fans - a few of them have been tracked down on social media as as being from Castlederg (bogball was right), so unless they put on NI shirts and went up to Belfast for a Sunday night, i'd be pretty sure they're Northern Ireland fans heading to the match.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:53pm
I'm not offended. Feel sorry for them that they still sing about religion which is just one big fairy tale. 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:56pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm

So what the NI fans tried to say and whats been revealed:

It was in a bar nowhere near the stadium - nope it was in a popular watering hole for fans heading to Windsor

It was from years ago - it was Sunday night as San Marino v Scotland can be seen on the screens in the background

They're dregs of society - probably true

They're not real NI fans - a few of them have been tracked down on social media as as being from Castlederg (bogball was right), so unless they put on NI shirts and went up to Belfast for a Sunday night, i'd be pretty sure they're Northern Ireland fans heading to the match.

Who do you mean by "the NI fans"? All of us?

Anyhow, some facts might not go amiss.

1. Whether the bar is a mile from the ground or a hundred miles is neither here nor there (pun intended) - the IFA can hardly be expected to police, or answer for, what went on;
2. The bar in question is not on the main drag on the way to the ground, for supporters to just drop in as they pass. It is known for serving a particular kind of clientele, shall we say, and no-one who goes there is unaware of what that clientele may be like;
3. That said, the Belfast Telegraph is today reporting that:
"While it was a despicable spectacle it should be noted that the offenders - mostly young and drunk - were swiftly ejected from the bar and their behaviour was roundly condemned by other patrons.";
4. The IFA immediately issued a statement condemning it unreservedly, noting that if any of the offenders can be identified, they will be banned from NI games. (One club whose members were said to be involved also issued a statement condemning it, if that means anything);

Finally, a quick look at the OWC site shows that those NI fans, at any rate, unanimously condemn this disgusting display, without equivocation or qualification, inc wanting the scumbags involved to be banned for life.

The post which best sums it up was probably this one:

It's Groundhog Day every time one of these clips resurfaces. The usual outrage from people who have literally no interest in us having a successful cross-community team, but will feign it anyway so they can pretend this is what's putting them off.

Ultimately the pricks responsible are the pricks responsible, and I doubt they give two f**ks. It's beside the point, but there couldn't have been more than about 10 people singing the offending lyrics, which, by the way, date back a good 3-4 years but are mainly heard around the Twelfth.

Outside the stadium, I don't know what the IFA can do. A football association can't change decades of ingrained hatred, passed on by parents, fomented by separate schooling, segregated housing etc.

I couldn't give two f**ks about ROI fans sing this, Michael Conlan walks out to that, sure look at Paddy's Day blah blah blah whataboutery. I care about Northern Ireland and I wish these dicks would f**k off and let the rest of us just enjoy our days out.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:56pm
I find point 3 there very hard to believe, that people were ejected from the bar. As you say yourself in point 2 it serves a particular kind of clientele.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 369>
  Share Topic