Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 369>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

there was 5.5k Cliftonville fans at the 2013 they sold out their allocation iirc, the kop was used with a few restricted areas in it along with some of the south stand which a large portion wasn't fit for use. Attendance figures have been up across the board from then. Coleraine will have a huge crowd out considering how well they are going also. Seems to be a bit more optimism from the reds fans I know this year to, usually theyre resigned to losing in irish cup finals before a ball is kicked. I enjoy the irish cup final, theyre usually a decent atmosphere, One thing I will say though they have made a balls of that stadium. its hideous if youre in the south stand in particular.

What is the problem with the South Stand?  I like it.  Great sightlines and plenty of legroom.  You are close to the pitch and the atmosphere is fantastic.  It is much better than the North Stand.  I don't like the lower tier there.    

I think with the media and vip area split in the middle it kills the atmosphere abit. The view from the north upper is very good although the facilities are dreadful. I was expecting a modern state of the art stadium similar to the Aviva but its dreadful in comparison.

Sadly it still generates a better atmosphere.

I haven't been in the new Windsor yet. Is this final on TV?

This final will be on TV. Atmosphere at LR is good sometimes. It is x3 the size so would be more intimidating to play in given numbers alone.
I like Windsor, very small though for international game and too big for IL games. Have been told by ppl that go to NI games that the atmosphere can be flat, just like anywhere else.
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:32am

there was 5.5k Cliftonville fans at the 2013 they sold out their allocation iirc, the kop was used with a few restricted areas in it along with some of the south stand which a large portion wasn't fit for use. Attendance figures have been up across the board from then. Coleraine will have a huge crowd out considering how well they are going also. Seems to be a bit more optimism from the reds fans I know this year to, usually theyre resigned to losing in irish cup finals before a ball is kicked. I enjoy the irish cup final, theyre usually a decent atmosphere, One thing I will say though they have made a balls of that stadium. its hideous if youre in the south stand in particular.

What is the problem with the South Stand?  I like it.  Great sightlines and plenty of legroom.  You are close to the pitch and the atmosphere is fantastic.  It is much better than the North Stand.  I don't like the lower tier there.    

I think with the media and vip area split in the middle it kills the atmosphere abit. The view from the north upper is very good although the facilities are dreadful. I was expecting a modern state of the art stadium similar to the Aviva but its dreadful in comparison.

would have to agree.

Its on BBC half 2 Kick off
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:35am
I would have to disagree and say that WP is more intimidating to play in than LR, certainly in recent years. It comes down to the atmosphere that is generated. If you have only 4-5k out of 48k making any sort of noise, then the 12k singing and doing the bouncy at Windsor is going to be harder to play in front of.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:42am

I would have to disagree and say that WP is more intimidating to play in than LR, certainly in recent years. It comes down to the atmosphere that is generated. If you have only 4-5k out of 48k making any sort of noise, then the 12k singing and doing the bouncy at Windsor is going to be harder to play in front of.

Hold on a minute just a couple of posts back you have never been in the new WP, and now you are telling people that the atmosphere is better there now that from your barstool watching on the tv box, btw I am starting to wonder if you are even old enough to enter a pub at this stage
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:42am
Our club game is fixed for a Friday night that weekend. Back up the road early and into the Rock for pints before watching the first ever Plumbridge man to play in the Irish Cup Final (or any level of soccer come to think about it) Cool Beer
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:42am

Absolutely.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:46am
The old LR was more intimidating to play at than WP, the new one is certainly not.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The old LR was more intimidating to play at than WP, the new one is certainly not.
Ah come on the liar should know best sure he seen it on the tv
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Hold on a minute just a couple of posts back you have never been in the new WP, and now you are telling people that the atmosphere is better there now that from your barstool watching on the tv box, btw I am starting to wonder if you are even old enough to enter a pub at this stage

Oh no, here comes the obsessed one following me around again this morning. LOL

I'll keep this as simple as possible for you:

Correct, since Windsor Park has been redeveloped I've never been in it.

I used to go to WP to watch Cliftonville games before it was redeveloped. Probably been over 25 times.

Correct, I would never ever go to WP to watch Northern Ireland

I can gauge from watching on the TV that the NI fans have been like a twelfth (pardon the pun) man for their team in the past few years, and create a much better atmosphere than anything that we do.

By the same token, I've never been to watch a home match for Galatasaray or Borussia Dortmund, but I know that theres a good intimidating atmosphere at their games. How? Well from watching them on the TV as well. Pretty simple.

Also - as for the bit in bold, I was saying that there is a better atmosphere at the new WP than there is at the new LR for international games in recent years. I wasn't comparing the new WP to the old WP. You've misunderstood that part.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Where have I mentioned the old LR??

I'm talking about the atmosphere at the redeveloped Windsor park compared to the Aviva in the past couple of years. I've stated that several times now.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Back on topic.

Is there tickets for this game?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Back on topic.

Yes, ticketmaster
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Back on topic.

Go on sale Thursday I believe from ticketmaster. £20 adults £10 concessions Family tickets (2 adults 2 kids) £50
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

This final will be on TV. Atmosphere at LR is good sometimes. It is x3 the size so would be more intimidating to play in given numbers alone.
I like Windsor, very small though for international game and too big for IL games. Have been told by ppl that go to NI games that the atmosphere can be flat, just like anywhere else.

I'm surprised at that.  I find the atmosphere to be noisy and passionate even for friendlies.  

The stadium is significantly smaller than the Aviva and it has taken time for the area behind the seats to come up to scratch re concession stalls etc.  It appeared to be better late last year in the South Stand although I generally avoid stadium food and normally drive to games so don't drink.  The North Stand was pretty basic last August. 

I sit at the back of the lower tier in the Aviva (West Lower).  I find it a bit shallow and the view is better in the South Stand at Windsor.  Also most of the seats in the lower tier of the Aviva are out in the rain.    Of course the middle tier in the Aviva is much better with access to bars etc.  

I haven't been in the upper tier of the South Stand.  It looks pretty small.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:38am
The Irish league goes right to the wire going into the last game of the sason with Crusaders and Coleraine both on 88 points.  
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:09am
Be shocked if Coleraine win it now. Ballymena play the Crues and they despise their rivals, Ballymena fans calling for their team to lay down to Crusaders.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:11am
Got tickets for the cup final on Ticketmaster on Monday, north stand lower tier the only ones left. £20

Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:35am

Got tickets for the cup final on Ticketmaster on Monday, north stand lower tier the only ones left. £20

There are Upper Tier tickets left at Cliftonville social club. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 369>
  Share Topic