Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:06pm
Have you a link for Shakiri's comment going into the second leg? Can't find one.

O'Neill himself spoke about circumstances being different between the first leg and the second leg, when quizzed on N.I.'s approach to both games.

Switzerland would've been under a lot more pressure (obviously) going into the home game at 0-0 but I do think they would've won by a goal or two in the return (based on their dominant display in Windsor) given their experience of qualifying for major tournaments despite always having a pretty ordinary side.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Have you a link for Shakiri's comment going into the second leg? Can't find one.

O'Neill himself spoke about circumstances being different between the first leg and the second leg, when quizzed on N.I.'s approach to both games.

Switzerland would've been under a lot more pressure (obviously) going into the home game at 0-0 but I do think they would've won by a goal or two in the return (based on their dominant display in Windsor) given their experience of qualifying for major tournaments despite always having a pretty ordinary side.

Shaqiri Wink
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 1:39am

Friday 10th November:
The Stoke City winger said: “It’s going to be a nice party when we qualify. We can celebrate but we have to do it. We have taken one step to the World Cup.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/10/northern-ireland-jonny-evans-switzerland-penalty-world-cup-play-off

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Shaqiri Wink

Thank fuk somebody corrected him
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:11am

Nordie boss Michael O'Neill hopes to take the team to Euro 2020 after revealing he has not spoken to any other national teams.

The Scottish FA was granted permission to talk with O'Neill, who has also been linked with the USA national job.

O'Neill is in discussions with the Irish FA over a contract extension which would run until 2024.

"I hope to get the team to another European Championship - it's not a job I'm going to leave easily," he said.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:31am
His NI team are playing so well at the moment I think he should stay with them.
They are very likely to get to the Euro's again which is a great achievement.

I'm sure the Scottish interest means he gets a better contract going forward.
He's only 48 so has time to move to club football again.
You would think he could get the managers job at SPL or championship level.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 4:15pm
Interesting* interview with Michael - he's certainly more thoughtful than your average footballer/manager:

By no means certain that he'll leave the IFA job, and certainly not for the first "big" job which offers more money.

Mentions the importance of having NI-born players in the team.

Takes a very keen interest in the Irish League and wishes it provided a better pathway to f-t football in GB. Knows all about our younger IL prospects.

Really emphasises the importance of assessing the opposition and setting up his teams accordingly, at least for international games.

Mildly irritated by his views on the eligibility issue being misrepresented by "reporters" who weren't even in the room at the time he made them.

Interesting name-check for Andy Cousins, too, whom some of you on here will know (11 mins 50 secs in).

* - OK, interesting if you're an NI fan. Obviously.

Edited by Territorial - 18 Dec 2017 at 4:16pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:14am

Sounds like Jonny Evans is leaving the Baggies in the January window.

Manchester City Arsenal Leicester and Man U are all suposed to be interested in the Nordie.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Manchester City Arsenal Leicester and Man U are all suposed to be interested in the Nordie.

He'll be 30 in Jan so has one big move left in him.
Probably double his (reported) wages of 50K.
Back to Manchester would make sense.

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:50am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 10:12am
That would be some trip!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He'll be 30 in Jan so has one big move left in him.
Probably double his (reported) wages of 50K.
Back to Manchester would make sense.
JE was quality in his two loan spells at Sunderland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:12am
Arsenal are close to agreeing a £25m deal for  Jonny Evans.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:28pm
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42647481

Very heartfelt stuff from that cheating cxxt LOL

I'm sure he would've made the same mistake if it was the Swiss on the receiving end of that decision. 

Oh well, too bad so sad for our Northern brethren. LOL
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
When you don't score a goal in 180 minutes you can have no complaints. Having said that, no matter if some of their fans had Thank You Henry flags and all the rest of it, you never want to see a team done by a terrible refereeing decision.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

When you don't score a goal in 180 minutes you can have no complaints. Having said that, no matter if some of their fans had Thank You Henry flags and all the rest of it, you never want to see a team done by a terrible refereeing decision.

Surprised at that flippant response in bold from you. Wink

The first goal changes the dynamic of the game and tie. The Swiss were making chances left right and centre but as they had Ray Charles up front, I fancied N.I. to hold out for the 0-0. I do think the Swiss would've beaten them at home anyway but the first goal in a tight playoff like that was hugely important.  

I will say if there was ever a team's fans that was due that delicious taste of karma, it was that lot. Smile

Edited by irishmufc - 11 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm

It was a terrible decision from him, not even a 50-50 one. It was one of those innocuous incidents where a shot is blocked in the penalty area by cannoning off a player's body. Giving a penalty to the away team in a World Cup play off was an absolute killer, especially when it looked like it was heading for a 0-0. You would have thought a ref would need to be pretty damned sure before pointing to the spot in such a game. If on the other hand he waves away a 50-50 penalty appeal for the away team, then so what? It's not the end of the world.....his actual decision was a disaster.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:51pm

Surprised at that flippant response in bold from you. Wink

The first goal changes the dynamic of the game and tie. The Swiss were making chances left right and centre but as they had Ray Charles up front, I fancied N.I. to hold out for the 0-0. I do think the Swiss would've beaten them at home anyway but the first goal in a tight playoff like that was hugely important.  

I will say if there was ever a team's fans that was due that delicious taste of karma, it was that lot. Smile

Didn't mean to sound flippant agree, if it were 0-0 in Belfast the Swiss would have got their goal in Basel I think
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 369>
  Share Topic