You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:23am
Originally posted by JD & Coke JD & Coke wrote:

Lads if the North qualify fair play to them, i dont like the unionist element of them but id say well done if/when they qualify.

Go up to East Belfast they've a cracking Rangers supporters club up there just wear a Jon Daly jersey, or the NI Supporters club in South Belfast and personally congratulate them. Tell me how you get on they'll love your accent.

Edited by SByrne24 - 13 Jun 2015 at 12:24am
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:33am
To be fair SB, go up the rock bar when the players brigade are on, grab the microphone and announce you are an Irish Republican Tory and see how you get on. If that fails, try the felons.....

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Jun 2015 at 12:34am
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

To be fair SB, go up the rock bar when the players brigade are on, grab the microphone and announce you are an Irish Republican Tory and see how you get on. If that fails, try the felons.....

I've been going in out of those bars since i was a small kid PM with my da for work! Clap Still rather be in the Hatfield  Heart

Edited by SByrne24 - 13 Jun 2015 at 9:34am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:40am
What has knowing the owners got to do with anything?
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:41am
Hey pilot, i never said i wanted them to qualify but if they do fair play, btw it look like our manager would rather the North qualifys ahead of us, which i cant understand from a catholic man from Derry.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 6:59am
Originally posted by JD & Coke JD & Coke wrote:

Hey pilot, i never said i wanted them to qualify but if they do fair play, btw it look like our manager would rather the North qualifys ahead of us, which i cant understand from a catholic man from Derry.

Kilrea , county Derry. There is quite the difference
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:57am
Another massive night for Irish football and MON. The atmosphere is so raucous at Windsor Park these days that the stand had to be demolished after the game against Finland. Real people, real atmosphere. The biggest fortress in world football today?

We all remember that famous Ireland victory over Romania in the World Cup (1-0 in 1985, that's a real victory, not a 0-0 borefest followed by a penalty shoot-out - take note Eire fans) and here's hoping for a repeat.

I fully expect Lafferty to bang in another couple of goals tonight and who knows, maybe another stand will have to be demolished. After Romania are demolished. Prediction: Ireland 2 Romania 0.

Looks like Eire will be the only British team to fail to qualify.

Edited by sid waddell - 13 Jun 2015 at 11:58am
lexie_2005 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexie_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 5:11pm
Don't really get fellow irishmen hoping fellow irishmen fail .
As it pains some on this forum,Northern Ireland are as irish as anyone on this forum.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 9:36pm
We can call them the pub team feeder team B team, whatever they're going to France next summer. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

We can call them the pub team feeder team B team, whatever they're going to France next summer. 

Wouldn't be so sure - they've a few tough matches left
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Wouldn't be so sure - they've a few tough matches left

Some difficult games ahead, they'll probably get third and lose in the play off. Hungary winning in Finland has shook up that group. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 13 Jun 2015 at 10:26pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 4:17pm
if they do qualify certain parts will be bedecked with NI flags and union jacks......... hang on that already happens
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Go up to East Belfast they've a cracking Rangers supporters club up there just wear a Jon Daly jersey, or the NI Supporters club in South Belfast and personally congratulate them. Tell me how you get on they'll love your accent.

This really annoys me. How many N.I. fans do you know? I spend a few days a week in Belfast and I know N.I. fans and Rangers fans from that supporters club and the club on Sandy Row too. Never had a moments bother from them and I have spent many evenings out with them. They have always been very good to me. 

I got some fun texts yesterday, mocking our pending failing and also an invite to join them on tour next summer.

Edited by MasterOfApples - 14 Jun 2015 at 5:10pm
Craven Cottage, by the river ...
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

This really annoys me. How many N.I. fans do you know? I spend a few days a week in Belfast and I know N.I. fans and Rangers fans from that supporters club and the club on Sandy Row too. Never had a moments bother from them and I have spent many evenings out with them. They have always been very good to me. 

I got some fun texts yesterday, mocking our pending failing and also an invite to join them on tour next summer.

Good for you.

Funnily enough I'm from the North. It can annoy you all you want, i don't care. I know a lot of NI fans, actually my two cousins go to their matches my uncle is a unionist through marriage and he's biter about the ROI. 

I grew being called a 'fenian bastard' on countless occasions for wearing my top ' Robbie Keane' i went with my mother one day and the  owner of the shop said i was not welcome.

Since NI fans are now so welcoming, wear your ROI jersey up the Shankill road and Newtonards road and tell me how you get on.

Edited by SByrne24 - 14 Jun 2015 at 5:24pm
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:27pm
If the North were to qualify, which I don't think they will, I'd have no problem cheering them on. I'd say most of my mates are the same and the majority of their decent fans wanted us to do well in Euro 2012.

The biggest set of Irish fans who hate the North are those who come from the North itself, but then they've had the choice of which team to support and have already rejected the North so it's no surprise. For people down here who only have one team, we're secure enough in our identity and support to wish them well unless we're playing them or in the same group.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

If the North were to qualify, which I don't think they will, I'd have no problem cheering them on. I'd say most of my mates are the same and the majority of their decent fans wanted us to do well in Euro 2012.

The biggest set of Irish fans who hate the North are those who come from the North itself, but then they've had the choice of which team to support and have already rejected the North so it's no surprise. For people down here who only have one team, we're secure enough in our identity and support to wish them well unless we're playing them or in the same group.

Sorry, i cant let that slip. Anyone from the North who follows Ireland are secure in their identity, they're Irish.

It's different for yous' we cant wear our jerseys into certain areas, that would include GAA jerseys. Up here we've politicians telling us the GAA is the IRA. 
Never mind a republic of Ireland jersey, theres NI fans who put an official complaint into the BBC for showing ROI highlights on BBC Newsline, 'thats not our country' 

Lads, have yous' ever listened to their chants? one of them includes the killing of innocent catholics ffs.

Grow up here, see some of the areas we have to drive through daily, around now we begin to see Paratrooper flags, UVF flags, even f**king Israel flags  you'd  quickly see why I don't like the North personally. You get use to the union jacks on a lot of lampposts or the kerbs painted red white and blue, but the UVF flags and Paratrooper flags aimed at Bloody Sunday.

Edited by SByrne24 - 14 Jun 2015 at 5:36pm
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 5:50pm
I have never listened to their chants, but I'd be surprised if that sort of singing was going on without UEFA sanction and media reporting, like what they did when England sang anti IRA songs.

And the flags aimed at upsetting bloody Sunday relatives is sickening, but I don't think that has to do with soccer.

I have no doubt that there is a core of bastards in the North support, but we have our own too. I abhor everything that the IRA did yet our CEO sings songs about them, he knows all the words.

Quite frankly, if it wasn't for needing the players, I'd be happiest to see everyone from the North unite under their team instead of supporting us.

If people who have an issue with the North got onto the terraces and drown out these chants with better songs, if they had a common goal / sporting dream with the people from the same city then you might have a more stable life up there.

Edited by inlikeflynn - 14 Jun 2015 at 5:53pm
mario85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

The biggest set of Irish fans who hate the North are those who come from the North itself,.

pardon the french but thats absolute bollox. id say the amount of NI fans who wished us well in euro 2012 were few and far between. dont pretend you know the whole story just cos u have a few acquaintances you work with every now and then or whatever. 

if you lived on the falls for even a single week during the 80's i can guarantee you would have a very different point of view regarding supporting that lot, so dont bother come on here giving it the big one thinking you're a right lad taking the higher moral ground 

and im not from the north before you say it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 369>
  Share Topic