We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:59pm
@ Territorial

I know FIFA recognise football associations. Im saying all nations should have their own football associations.

Eligibility shouldn't be one or the other. There are other factors to consider. I've no problem with an Irish Unionist in the Republic wanting to declare for N.I. seeing as an Irish citizen in N.I. can play for the Republic. Nationality and birthplace are other factors that can qualify you.

If there is a rule that benefits us in the Republic well then the same courtesy rule should be extended to Unionists down here. I wouldn't support any Irishman playing for N.I. But they should have the right to.

And by support I mean The I wouldn't be shouting for them, not that I'd be against it enough to block them.

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Jun 2015 at 4:02pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Territorial was being quite reasonable until tonight...he's now thrown on the jackboot and started dictating what we (Ireland fan's in the north) are.

Must have a few mid week beers in him.

Just showed his true colours, they don't change no matter how smart they act Dead
"They".

Charming use of the collective.

(Oh and just so you know, the normal Nordie term to use when stereotyping a whole group of people is "Themmuns" )

Edited by Territorial - 18 Jun 2015 at 3:03pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:00pm

Territorial was being quite reasonable until tonight...he's now thrown on the jackboot and started dictating what we (Ireland fan's in the north) are.

Playing the man, not the ball.

Classy.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Politically motivated citizenship laws??? That's one way of putting it... I suppose.... If you have absolutely no grasp of history or if you arrived from Mars just today.
My point was that the FAI are exploiting a law which had nothing whatever to do with Football when originally passed.

Indeed, it had very little even to do with fairness, since Irish Citizens born in NI are very much second class when compared with their fellow citizens in the Republic.

You know, when it comes to important things like Voting Rights and Pensions etc.

Yet when it comes to something so (relatively) unimportant as Football, then suddenly the cry is "Equality!".
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Personally I think all nations should have their own countries, states and football associations. Kurds,Basques etc etc.

There are parts of Ukraine that was originally Russia. Ireland was never part of Britain apart from being under colonial rule. That's the difference between the Ukraine and our situation.

I do think though the situation should go both ways in that if an Irish Unionist from the Republic wishes to declare for N.I. football team, then they should be permitted too. I'd rather there was no N.I. football team but while the current situation exists, tolerance has to work both ways.
You really don't get the point, do you?

FIFA does not recognise "nations", they recognise National Associations.

There are parts of Ukraine that was originally Russia. Ireland was never part of Britain apart from being under colonial rule. That's the difference between the Ukraine and our situation.
Still missing the point, I see...

I do think though the situation should go both ways in that if an Irish Unionist from the Republic wishes to declare for N.I. football team, then they should be permitted too.
So now you're saying that Eligibility should not be decided on the grounds of birthplace, or even Nationality (your previous stance), but on personal political preferences.

Wow.

I'd rather there was no N.I. football team but while the current situation exists, tolerance has to work both ways.
That's very big of you.

Thanks.

Edited by Territorial - 18 Jun 2015 at 3:07pm
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

Naw thats Flegory Campbell. Hes the true elected voice of unionism lol

Fixed that for ya bud

LOLClap

put em under pressure!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm

Territorial take your head for a sh*t, please. Spouting out your nonsense trying to look smart,
When you have to resort to this sort of "argument", it is a sure sign that you've lost it.

P.S. I rather try to look smart than look stupid...

the reality is any nationalist good enough to play for Ireland will play for Ireland. What nationalist on your team would get into I dare say top 40?

0. Thats how many.
It is not a question of whether someone is good enough or otherwise which should determine which Association a player represents.

But hey, if you want to turn this discussion about the rights and wrongs of the international eligibility rules into a juvenile "yah-boo-sucks-we're-better-than-you" bunfight, then knock yourself out.

I won't be joining in, mind.

Your association if they had their way would prevent players playing for their nation. Ireland, so no yous' shouldn't be treated fairly.
No, if we had our way, we would be treated exactly the same as all the other Associations in FIFA.

Which is where the concept of "fairness" comes in.

Which was only the point made by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Who the hell are the IFA to tell any player they have to play for a country they don't believe in?
The IFA cannot "tell" any player that they must play for them.

It is always open to the likes of James McClean to follow the example of eg Mikel Aranburu, who refused to represent Spain U-21's because of his Nationalist views.

No wait...

The rule will change when there is a 32 county Ireland ruled from Dublin.
Why would you want the Rule to change?
Bucky View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:43pm
I joined this site for one reason and one reason only
I like many other Catholics in Northern Ireland are are sick and tired by those in the small minority who refuse to move on from the troubles. Now don't get me wrong people have a right to be angry , however anger should never get in the way of progress.
I have been to every Northern Ireland much home and away for the last few years, I travel with three other friends one of which is also catholic. To date, I have not felt uncomfortable intimidated or singled out at any time, with the exception of God save the Queen there are no songs sang in or outside the ground that I refused to sing along with, there is no billy boys, no sash, no songs about killing Catholics or any other rubbish that has been spouted on here.
If you hate Northern Ireland as a Country an Association then that's your right, but there's no need to be a f**king idiot about it. The strides that have taken place in Northern Ireland are extraordinary and everyone should be applauded, no longer do we have army on our streets, next marriages are the norm as are Catholics and Protestants becoming best friends and Schools are finally becoming integrated.
How can those with hatred in their bellies move on, the hatred will drive you insane and leave your very shallow person.
Someone here really need to have a look in the mirror, you are in the small minority, many young Catholics and Protestants now in themselves as being northern Irish over being called Irish or British.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

Naw thats Flegory Campbell. Hes the true elected voice of unionism lol

Fixed that for ya bud
Chips don't bounce
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:05pm
Naw thats Gregory Campbell. Hes the true elected voice of unionism lol
put em under pressure!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:57am
It seems that Floreat Ultonia is quite the defender of Ulster

Edited by horsebox - 18 Jun 2015 at 1:55pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:33am
For liking HMHB , I will forgive you your username and all other minor irritants you bring from supporting 'are we a country'
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:28am
I see we have similar musical taste PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JNEkwByNg

I once worked briefly at Prestwick Airport and stayed in Kilmarnock. Dull? It was living inertia.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:22am
Floreat Inertia pops upwithin seconds
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:20am
When you disband?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:18am
When do we get to play a home game at somewhere like Windsor?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:15am
The Peace Link Complex in Clones has made history as the first facility to host the home games of a Northern Ireland Football Club.  Councillors heard this week that Magheraveely Football Club have received permission to play their home matches at the Peace Link in Clones in county Monaghan.

The move has been described as an historic occasion for the development because no other soccer club from Northern Ireland has ever before been permitted permission to play their home matches in the Republic of Ireland.  After a 14 year wait, the €8.5 million euro Peace Link Sports Complex was officially opened by President Michael D Higgins last September, creating 10 jobs within the local economy.

A spokesperson for the facility says this development shows how ‘The Peace Link’ is fulfilling its potential in building relationships through sport.

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 11:53pm

Just showed his true colours, they don't change no matter how smart they act Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 369>
  Share Topic