FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:45pm
N.i fans causing trouble again. The mask didn't take long to slip.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Here's one for you, that Vukovar flag people were talking about earlier? I've just seen it hanging up on the Liffey end of O'Connell Street. Strange

It also has "d68" written on the side but i've no idea what that means

So it was feckin gspain that stole it after all!!

LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Nov 2016 at 5:17pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 5:04pm
Here's one for you, that Vukovar flag people were talking about earlier? I've just seen it hanging up on the Liffey end of O'Connell Street. Strange

It also has "d68" written on the side but i've no idea what that means

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 18 Nov 2016 at 5:05pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 1:44pm
Fair point Coachers Thumbs Up

I can understand people defending themselves. But any stray bottle, pint glass or chair thrown by an N.I. fan could always hit an innocent bystander and when the Police arrive they're not going to make much of a distinction of who the aggressors are if both sets of fans are involved. The best thing you should do if possible to get the hell out of there one way or another rather than participate or react. Irish fans reacting & fighting English fans in 95 on the pitch or try and get out of the stadium away from it would always be the best thing to do.

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Nov 2016 at 1:44pm
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'm talking about the N.I. fans that were fighting them in Belfast who were throwing chairs and bottles. The video is on you tube. Terrace Retro 2 is the channel. It can't all be one way.

If you are talking about the home game in 2009, I’m more than happy to go through what happened that day, as I was in Shaftesbury Square from before lunchtime and witnessed the events unfolding. Let’s just say there were large groups of Polish ‘fans’ (again not in colours) roaming the streets from early on trying to start trouble, which they eventually did. The trouble in Weatherspoons, which I assume is what you are talking about in regards to the youtube video, erupted when Polish fans attacked the bar and after they had attacked various other places and supporters around the city. Rumours had also been circulating that a NI supporter had died after being attacked, which thankfully turned out to be false. The throwing of bottles and chairs was to try and stop the Polish ‘fans’ who were causing the trouble outside from getting in. I dread to think what would have happened if they had of got in.

A lasting memory of that day was standing on the Lisburn Road and watching in disbelief as Polish ‘fans’ randomly ran into groups of NI fans, threw a pile of punches before their victims knew what was going on and then got back out again and disappeared further along the road doing the same. I’m not ashamed to admit it was pretty scary stuff.  

I was also at the return leg in Chorzow when a section of the Polish fans ran running battles with the police at half-time trying to attack our support, with bottles and missiles raining down behind the stand on anyone who had went out to get a drink, use the toilet etc. In all my time of travelling watching NI I have never seen the like of it, with their ‘fans’ showing no fear and taking on the police, who were using their dogs and batons on them.

We actually stayed in the hotel adjoining the stadium that night, with no trouble at all and both sets of supporters drinking together with no hassle. On the way back on the train to Wroclaw it was a different story, with one skinhead trying to terrorise us the whole journey. Thankfully nothing came of it, apart from our carriage window taking a bit of a hiding from him punching it. Left some nice stickers with his ‘firm’ on it as well.

This was all in complete contrast to the week we spent in Warsaw in 2005, when a lot of their fans stayed behind in the stadium for around an hour singing and partying with us, and also at the Euros where Territorial’s account of things matches my own (again I have a lot of pictures and videos from Nice showing such). 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I'm talking about the N.I. fans that were fighting them in Belfast who were throwing chairs and bottles. The video is on you tube. Terrace Retro 2 is the channel. It can't all be one way.

From that 9 second video again it looks like there's more than one N.I. fan fighting there with the Croatians towards the end in the scuffle.

It's not a question of taking SHH's side and if you looked at my first post on this I mentioned the Croatians having priors in this regard.

In both videos there's N.I. fans and definitely at least one in the other fighting with rival fans so you have to call it out if some of your fans are culpable too rather than just a drunken twat.
Re your bold, actually, it can be pretty much all one way. (I say "pretty much" because one can never discount the "drunken twat" element from any football crowd).

Consider the evidence.
1. The Croats have clear form for unilaterally causing trouble. Or do you blame eg the Czech supporters in St.Etienne during the summer at their match? Did I not say post twice that the Croats had priors? You going to ignore my point again?
2. Coachers has given an eye witness account, with pictures and video, to explain what went on. Or is he automatically suspect for being biased? Coachers posted that a few of the N.I. fans 'reacted' which indicates that some were fighting does it not? The 9 second video I'm talking about looks like the N.I. fan or fans on the right threw the first punches.  
3. We also have Gspain's account, where he saw little untoward from our fans:
"The atmosphere was very relaxed where I was.  Lots of families who appeared to be attending their first game.  Three groups asked me for help and in each case I was able to tell them where to go.  I thought my accent might have drawn a reaction but nobody batted an eyelid.  The atmosphere though wasn't a patch on the Slovenia game in March (my only other game in the new stadium so far).  It was rocking that night whereas pretty calm on Tuesday."
Maybe he's biased, too? No and that goes for Coachers as well. I'm only going by what I seen on the two videos.
4. The mainstream media were in attendance, as usual. Some of these are no friends of the NI fanbase, yet not one has yet made any comment on NI fan misbehaviour (that I've seen, anyhow). Does that somehow negate what I've seen with my own eyes in the two videos I've referenced?
5. There have been no reports of PSNI arrests of NI fans either, nor Stewards attacked etc. Fair enough.
6. Should the UEFA Delegate have observed anything untoward, he/she will doubtless mention it in the official report. Come back to me if/when you hear from that quarter. Won't matter because your mind is made up. It'll be drunken twats not the salt of the earth N.I. fans.
7. You yourself said earlier: "I'm currently in attack mode in regards to his 'salt of the earth' pub team fans" and while I accept (well hope, anyhow) that this was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I am also aware that "there is many a true word spoken in jest". You're right it was tongue in cheek.

But hey ho, we're the ones who are prejudiced... You're certainly biased to such a degree you can't even bring yourself to admit that N.I. fans whether they're drunken twats or not were clearly throwing chairs, pint glass and a bottle in this 2009 video.

Prejudice
noun [ C or U ] uk ​

an unfair and unreasonable opinion or feeling, especially when formed without enough thought or knowledge

So basically if any N.I. fans are involved in trouble it's just drunken twats not N.I. fans yah? Cue more whataboutery which is your hallmark on here.

It's been about 3 posts since you sent us hyperlinks to various websites of N.I. fans good behavior. You're slipping LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Nov 2016 at 8:42am
Coachers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coachers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 8:21am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Nothing but northern prods in that photo sure just look at the heads on them dead giveaway

With the exception of the stewards and the cameraman in the background, all the others in the photo were not from NI  :-).

I couldn't answer what religion the stewards and cameraman, as like the majority of others who attend NI matches it isn't really a concern of mine.

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 12:43am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Coachers Coachers wrote:

I don't see anything online in regards to a banner. Was that how the fight started?

The guys surrounded by the stewards (there were more of them) came into the Kop and tried to start trouble. No football colours amongst them, pushing women and children away from their seats and offering NI fans onto the concourse for fights.

The stewards stepped in and ejected them from the ground.

Similar went on in the other side of the Kop.

If you watch the video in the link below you will see it is the bald guy who starts throwing the punches.

They had been trying to cause trouble in the North Stand, including spitting on NI fans.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1331484700209464&id=100000438403737

Nothing but northern prods in that photo sure just look at the heads on them dead giveaway

Jaysus doc Dead
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 12:06am

From that 9 second video again it looks like there's more than one N.I. fan fighting there with the Croatians towards the end in the scuffle.

It's not a question of taking SHH's side and if you looked at my first post on this I mentioned the Croatians having priors in this regard.

In both videos there's N.I. fans and definitely at least one in the other fighting with rival fans so you have to call it out if some of your fans are culpable too rather than just a drunken twat.
Re your bold, actually, it can be pretty much all one way. (I say "pretty much" because one can never discount the "drunken twat" element from any football crowd).

Consider the evidence.
1. The Croats have clear form for unilaterally causing trouble. Or do you blame eg the Czech supporters in St.Etienne during the summer at their match?
2. Coachers has given an eye witness account, with pictures and video, to explain what went on. Or is he automatically suspect for being biased?
3. We also have Gspain's account, where he saw little untoward from our fans:
"The atmosphere was very relaxed where I was.  Lots of families who appeared to be attending their first game.  Three groups asked me for help and in each case I was able to tell them where to go.  I thought my accent might have drawn a reaction but nobody batted an eyelid.  The atmosphere though wasn't a patch on the Slovenia game in March (my only other game in the new stadium so far).  It was rocking that night whereas pretty calm on Tuesday."
Maybe he's biased, too?
4. The mainstream media were in attendance, as usual. Some of these are no friends of the NI fanbase, yet not one has yet made any comment on NI fan misbehaviour (that I've seen, anyhow).
5. There have been no reports of PSNI arrests of NI fans either, nor Stewards attacked etc.
6. Should the UEFA Delegate have observed anything untoward, he/she will doubtless mention it in the official report. Come back to me if/when you hear from that quarter.
7. You yourself said earlier: "I'm currently in attack mode in regards to his 'salt of the earth' pub team fans" and while I accept (well hope, anyhow) that this was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I am also aware that "there is many a true word spoken in jest".

But hey ho, we're the ones who are prejudiced...

Prejudice
noun [ C or U ] uk ​

an unfair and unreasonable opinion or feeling, especially when formed without enough thought or knowledge

Edited by Territorial - 18 Nov 2016 at 12:10am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Coachers Coachers wrote:

I don't see anything online in regards to a banner. Was that how the fight started?

The guys surrounded by the stewards (there were more of them) came into the Kop and tried to start trouble. No football colours amongst them, pushing women and children away from their seats and offering NI fans onto the concourse for fights.

The stewards stepped in and ejected them from the ground.

Similar went on in the other side of the Kop.

If you watch the video in the link below you will see it is the bald guy who starts throwing the punches.

They had been trying to cause trouble in the North Stand, including spitting on NI fans.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1331484700209464&id=100000438403737

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

However a quick read of the forums here regarding Chisinau and Vienna will throw up a few stories re fisticuffs and bad behaviour as well.
Quisling! Don't you know what happens to 'Touts'?

Obviously those stories stem from NI thugs masquerading as good oul Oirish Bhoys, in a siniaster operation to tarnish the BIG's good name.

Well it must be, mustn't it?

I've seen this "Oirish" thing before on the OWC forum when talking about ourselves. What is that about? Do NI fans think a lot of us down south pronounce the word "Irish" like that? I find it really, really strange.

no most wouldn't but they are a special case on OWC .Closed shop ,think of the family in Deliverance .
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 10:00pm

However a quick read of the forums here regarding Chisinau and Vienna will throw up a few stories re fisticuffs and bad behaviour as well.

Obviously those stories stem from NI thugs masquerading as good oul Oirish Bhoys, in a siniaster operation to tarnish the BIG's good name.

I've seen this "Oirish" thing before on the OWC forum when talking about ourselves. What is that about? Do NI fans think a lot of us down south pronounce the word "Irish" like that? I find it really, really strange.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 8:36pm

Re the fighting I'm going by the youtube video so cannot comment.  There appeared to be brief scuffles when the stewards took the three parts of the banner.  

The atmosphere was very relaxed where I was.  Lots of families who appeared to be attending their first game.  Three groups asked me for help and in each case I was able to tell them where to go.  I thought my accent might have drawn a reaction but nobody batted an eyelid.  The atmosphere though wasn't a patch on the Slovenia game in March (my only other game in the new stadium so far).  It was rocking that night whereas pretty calm on Tuesday.  I'll be back for the Norway, Czech and German games next year and I'm sure it will be different then.  

Weating your sash meant you blended in with the locals
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Re the fighting I'm going by the youtube video so cannot comment.  There appeared to be brief scuffles when the stewards took the three parts of the banner.  

The atmosphere was very relaxed where I was.  Lots of families who appeared to be attending their first game.  Three groups asked me for help and in each case I was able to tell them where to go.  I thought my accent might have drawn a reaction but nobody batted an eyelid.  The atmosphere though wasn't a patch on the Slovenia game in March (my only other game in the new stadium so far).  It was rocking that night whereas pretty calm on Tuesday.  I'll be back for the Norway, Czech and German games next year and I'm sure it will be different then.  
Bit harsh.

Big smile
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm

Bit harsh.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 8:05pm

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 7:37pm

Funny Territorial how the Croatians or the Polish didn't seem to have an issue with us. Also there was plenty of Polish and Irish mixed together in the stands in the last campaign with no trouble.
Er, have you forgotten Euro2016?

You know, when 40k(?) Polish and NI fans mixed entirely happily in Nice in June, without a problem. In fact the only trouble any of us saw was when some French yobs attacked a pub where the Polish and NI fans were drinking and singing together. At which point, they put down their pints, joined together to chase off the yobs, then resumed the drinking and singing. When the French police turned up to deal with the trouble, they made (I think) 7 arrests, all of them French.

Meanwhile, Croatian fans were at this in St.Etienne, during their match with the Czechs:
"Croatian fans threw a pyrotechnic flare at a steward which exploded underneath him amid sickening scenes during this evening's Euro 2016 game against the Czech Republic. 
Stewards tried to cope with the violent mob of Croatian fans who started fighting amongst themselves with their team leading 2-1 with minutes to go.
The team's coach Ante Cacic was furious following the violent scenes which seen the match suspended for five minutes while stewards removed the burning flares from the pitch.
Cacic described the violent fans as 'sports terrorists', before admitting Croatian authorities could not battle the hooligans by themselves."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3647205/Croatia-fans-fight-throw-flares-pitch-Euro-2016-clash-Czech-Republic.html#ixzz4QI55CXRD

I guess that was NI fans' fault, too...

You're criticizing SHH for blaming N.I. fans when you do the exact same engaging in whataboutery towards the Croatian ones. The fact there was little or no segregation or Croatian fans having priors doesn't excuse the N.I. fans who were engaging in the trouble just as it wouldn't the Croatians.
The Croatian fans' recent history of violence, both home and abroad, is a matter of public record. This is why they have had fines and stadium bans etc imposed by FIFA/UEFA.

UEFA will have had an observer at the game in Belfast, so if there was any serious misbehaviour by NI fans, that will be reported. Meanwhile, there were numerous media representatives present - none has as yet reported any notable* disorder by NI fans.

Meanwhile, if you are more prepared to listen to SHH than me - I'm biased, like, but he isn't - then I'm quite happy for Gspain to give his account of what he witnessed. After all, he was actually there, unlike SHH, Zizu and others who immediately rush to condemn the NI fans...

* - I can't discount the odd drunken twat, including maybe the one in the 9 second video, but you get those everywhere.   

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 6:34pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 369>
  Share Topic