You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The state of the EPL LOL

Thats one way of looking at it.

Another way is to look at the state of Juve and Barca to be on that list, considering how massively indebted they both are, with the former facing serious charges for financial irregularities - again - and the latter progressivly selling off the family silver just to be able to keep spending.

At least the PL clubs have enormous revenues coming into the game, and should that not be enough, they have billionaire owners who will bail them out. While even if those owners should decline to do so, there is no shortage of other billionaires queuing up to buy thei clubs from them.

All of which explains why Juve and Barca are so desperate to bring in an ESL.

And that is not "gloating" btw, merely stating the facts.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 4:38pm
West Ham are fairly getting there moneys worth.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 4:55pm

No, Sullivan/Gold/Brady are getting their money's worth - or will do when they finally sell up for a huge, fat profit:

From November 2021:

"West Ham United is pleased to announce that Czech investment group 1890s holdings a.s has completed the acquisition of 27% shares of WH Holding Ltd.

As part of the agreement, it is intended that 1890s holdings a.s Chairman Daniel Křetínský and his colleague Pavel Horský will become members of the Board of Directors of WH Holding Ltd."

Apparently Horsky is only a multi-millionaire (£300M?), but it's ok, since Kretinsky is said to be worth £4bn+

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

What will the Man city situation have on the reputation of the EPL?
On a football side, not much I'd imagine. take out City you still have the strongest league and 3/4 teams who are competing for Champions League. 

Juve and Barca are two other big guns who were in financial mess, not sure it led to any downgrade of the leagues standing really.

Long term if there's proper penalties tho, it might dissuade other owners from investing and thinking they can get away with anything.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 11:31pm

LOL
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 4:26am

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Average EPL stadium capacity: 40,927; average attendance so far this season 40,386 = 98.7%:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/besucherzahlen/pokalwettbewerb/GB1

Edited by Territorial - 05 Mar 2023 at 3:31pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 4:05pm

Only two EPL clubs through to the three European semis and arguably West Ham have the best chance of progressing?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:47pm

Big shot in the arm for the EPL tonight.

Well done Man city.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:49pm

Well done Man city.
Those plucky little underdogs from the EPL

ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Well done Man city.
Those plucky little underdogs from the EPL

ClapClapClap

Yep, and little Real Madrid were built on a shoestring also 

Why do people keep coming out with that totally irrelevant point about top level professional football teams at the minute?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:54pm
Hey, I’m upset. Let me wallow in my misery.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 9:59pm
Whilst I hope Man city do the business in the final I think the BT pundits are writing off Inter Milan somewhat.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:06pm
Some one needs to do a wellness check on Terri. Its well gone full time and he's not been on yet
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:09pm

Well done Man city.
DM, wonder will you be so gracious in a few years when it's your pals up the road getting to the final ..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Well done Man city.
DM, wonder will you be so gracious in a few years when it's your pals up the road getting to the final ..

Well that's a very different scenario they are bound to win something it's just a question of time.

I've always had a soft spot for Man city a good mate of mine has supported them from the third tier days but I see your point.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Well done Man city.

Well that's a very different scenario they are bound to win something it's just a question of time.

I've always had a soft spot for Man city a good mate of mine has supported them from the third tier days but I see your point.
No, just chewing the fat. I'm glad they won, mainly because I really dislike RM but also I am married into a City supporting family going back to the 50s and happy for them after being in Utds shadow for so long.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:20pm

Fair enough CH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354>
  Share Topic