You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 7:13am

I know its only the first CL matches games in this seasons set of matches but with three out of the four English teams losing is this more evidence of the decline of the EPL?

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:08pm
you can probably ad a few Europa teams to that list whoever is playing in it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:17pm
Yep, standard seems to be getting worse by the year DM...Saints were unlucky not to get to the Champions League despite having their team gutted for example. THen we go out and get outplayed by a team from Denmark...I suppose things can change very quickly though
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:28pm
The more money they spend, the worse it gets. You see some awful players getting silly money, kids thinking they are stars at 17 and fading,others not getting a chance and getting disillusioned. The EPL isn't really a football league, it is a soap opera or reality tv.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:28pm
Very true about things changing quickly bronze but Man citys form in the CL FFS.

Edited by Double Maxim - 18 Sep 2015 at 6:23am
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:55pm
The pace of the Premier League has gotten too slow. Back in its pomp of around 5 years ago, the European teams just couldn't handle the PL teams intensity.

Now a days the PL teams are to obsessed with keeping possession. Counter attacks have become nullified after a few seconds with players just trying to keep the ball rather than make a forward pass.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 17 Sep 2015 at 5:55pm
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:54pm
That's a good point.
There are too many sideward pass midfielders.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 11:05pm
I am slowly loosing interest in the EPL . Over the last 3 years the standard has dropped and the money involved is frightening . Paying 3 different channels on Sky to watch games live is only feeding the machine . I haven't traveled to the Uk for a game in nearly 3 years now and I can't say I'm in too much of a hurry to get back over . I am putting more effort into following the national team . I never followed the league of Ireland and it's great to see lads here who have a genuine passion for their team and follow them around the country . Well done lads
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:38pm

Another bad night for English clubs with Arsenal and Chelsea losing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:42pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:46pm
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:57pm
BATE have more points than the epl sides combined in the champs league this year.....
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 11:33pm
It really is a shocking standard the bigger PL clubs have been setting in both European competitions in the past few years. Considering the wealth of these clubs now, it really is amazing how bad they are! It was mentioned on the United thread that the PL has the best standard of managers of any league in Europe. Imo, the total mismanagement of the clubs qualifying for the European competitions is why they are performing so poorly. The PL 'best league in the world' train of thought is just absolutely bizarre at this point!

Be some craic if City and United lost tomorrow LOL Lucky for Chelsea they are in a group that they can't possibly fail to get out of I would have thought. As for the other 3 PL sides in the CL, interesting times ahead!
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 2:09am
In saying that about Chelsea, even though it's effectively a 3 team group, they look a broken side and having to play Kiev away next is very interesting. Kiev could smell blood in that one.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 8:54pm

With so many teams other than Leicester (at the moment) shooting themselves in the foot at the top of the table  so often in such a bizarre season  is this a sign of the decline in the EPL?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 11:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 5:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>
  Share Topic