FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Decline of the EPL
    Posted: 15 Dec 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Surely City, Liverpool and Arsenal going far in Europe will ensure that 5th spot?
Yeah it's an average over all teams in Europe, so you get a good ranking by either City/Liverpool/Villa winning European competitions, or by Germans/Italians all getting knocked out in early knockout rounds
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A clean sweep for the SPFL teams in Europe this week. 

Most of the games were used johnnies....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 10:40pm
A clean sweep for the SPFL teams in Europe this week. 

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 2:32pm
Surely City, Liverpool and Arsenal going far in Europe will ensure that 5th spot?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

With Man United and Newcastle going out of the CL how does this impact on the coefficient?
Sounds like for the first time it could actually cost the EPL a spot at the CL next year. Be a big blow to them to only have 5 rather than 4 spots. Ironically United and Newcaslte could be two teams most impacted (as both going for 5th)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2023 at 1:20pm
With Man United and Newcastle going out of the CL how does this impact on the coefficient?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal have won actual European trophies in the past 5 years, you’re obsessed with Co-efficient, what matters is actually winning trophies.

La Liga sides have won 7 Europa leagues in the past 10 years. (English sides have won 2).

La Liga sides have won 6 Champions League titles in the past 10 years (English sides have won 3).

Congrats to the Co-efficient champions though, what a trophy.
Sevilla and Villareal, at least, basically giave up on trying to compete in La Liga, to concentrate all their resources on the EL. It will be interesting to see how they, or other Spanish clubs, do in the coming years.

And that trophy is some way behind the CL, quality-wise. On which point, take away the outlier that is Real Madrid, an undoubtedly great side, and only Barca have won it,once, and 8 years ago at that. (The same Barca who crashed out of the CL after the Group stages for the last two seasons, btw).

The tide has turned, and no amount of cherry-picking isolated statistics can change that.

Sevilla done alright in the “coming years”.

Had to wait a whole 6 months to win another European Trophy. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

3 Italian teams in the 3 finals 
Great achievement although I don't think any of them will win
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:41pm
3 Italian teams in the 3 finals 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Whilst I hope Man city do the business in the final I think the BT pundits are writing off Inter Milan somewhat.

Agree with this City will obviously be favourites but Inter are a decent team. 

Onana, Bastoni, Dumfries, Barella, Martinez, brozovic would all be Key players in any PL squad you'd think.

Add the likes of Lukaku, DiMarco, Calhanoglu into the mix too
I know yu can only beat what's put in front of you, but the two semi finals this week looked like different competitions. Tuesday night was Europa League standard.

Getting to the CL final beating Porto, Benfica and AC Milan is soft whatever way you look at it. Getting past Barcelona in the group stage was somewhat notable, but they've had a nice draw

Barca were robbed against Inter at the San Siro too.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Whilst I hope Man city do the business in the final I think the BT pundits are writing off Inter Milan somewhat.

Onana, Bastoni, Dumfries, Barella, Martinez, brozovic would all be Key players in any PL squad you'd think.

I know yu can only beat what's put in front of you, but the two semi finals this week looked like different competitions. Tuesday night was Europa League standard.

Getting to the CL final beating Porto, Benfica and AC Milan is soft whatever way you look at it. Getting past Barcelona in the group stage was somewhat notable, but they've had a nice draw
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 12:18pm

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 11:35am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Some one needs to do a wellness check on Terri. Its well gone full time and he's not been on yet

He's converted and now posts as O'Shea in the ROI section.

LOL

Terrence has not been seen or heard since NI fans embarrassing and bogotted statement about not wanting to play at Casement Park
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 8:21am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Some one needs to do a wellness check on Terri. Its well gone full time and he's not been on yet

He's converted and now posts as O'Shea in the ROI section.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:20pm

Fair enough CH.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Big shot in the arm for the EPL tonight.

Well done Man city.
DM, wonder will you be so gracious in a few years when it's your pals up the road getting to the final ..

Well that's a very different scenario they are bound to win something it's just a question of time.

I've always had a soft spot for Man city a good mate of mine has supported them from the third tier days but I see your point.
No, just chewing the fat. I'm glad they won, mainly because I really dislike RM but also I am married into a City supporting family going back to the 50s and happy for them after being in Utds shadow for so long.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Well done Man city.
DM, wonder will you be so gracious in a few years when it's your pals up the road getting to the final ..

Well that's a very different scenario they are bound to win something it's just a question of time.

I've always had a soft spot for Man city a good mate of mine has supported them from the third tier days but I see your point.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:09pm

Well done Man city.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
  Share Topic