You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 88>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:55am
Spanish super cup DM, but like the charity shield I think
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:35pm

Barca beaten after ET in the Super Cup final by Athletic. They conceded an equaliser in the 89th minute. Messi then got a straight red in ET. Not a great season so far!
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:42pm
Koeman needs to get f**ked! Safer giving the Managers job to Messi.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:31pm

Fair play to Barca. They really have Suarez back to playing his best stuff. 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Fair play to Barca. They really have Suarez back to playing his best stuff. 
LOLLOL

Barca are only 3 points behind Real Madrid now. Atlético walking the league but Barca have improved in the past month. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Koeman needs to get f**ked! Safer giving the Managers job to Messi.
A very difficult job in recent years and borderline impossible until the presidential elections are done.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 6:10am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:28am

Where will Messi end up playing next season? 

Who can afford him may be the key question. PSG, Man City, a Chinese/ Qatari club, maybe Juve? 
Will PSG, City or Juve be prepared to adapt their game plan to accommodate him? 
Perhaps he will drop his wage expectations to open up other doors.

Barca need an overhaul. It could be painful but if managed properly then it could be a good thing. They need to move away from the Galatico transfer policy and move back to producing talent through La Masia. Hopefully Puig, Pedri etc can step up but they need time to develop. Barca are facing a barren few years ahead. 
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:38am
Like you said it’s certainly not all doom and gloom for Barca they have the best youth academy in the world and have some quality young players in Fati, Puig, Pedri, Trincao and Dest.

Replacing Messi is impossible but they have a base to start with, there is no way they will go through a similar transition to AC Milan or Man United.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:04am

I can't think of a club which has been run so badly in the modern era. 

10 years ago, they had a largely homegrown team dominating the European game playing some of the best football ever seen all whilst being led by a club idol. 
Off the field, they were a cultural touchpoint for their community and even gave Unicef their shirt sponsorship for free. 

Now look at them. They have alienated or lost their best players whilst conducting the worst transfer business imaginable over the past 5 years. The corrupt board have even worked against and undermined their star player. They got into bed with the Qatari regime. They handed out ludicrous contracts. They don't even have a playing identity anymore. 
There are criminal levels of incompetence at boardroom level.
El Puto Amo
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:08am

I can't think of a club which has been run so badly in the modern era. 

10 years ago, they had a largely homegrown team dominating the European game playing some of the best football ever seen all whilst being led by a club idol. 
Off the field, they were a cultural touchpoint for their community and even gave Unicef their shirt sponsorship for free. 

Now look at them. They have alienated or lost their best players whilst conducting the worst transfer business imaginable over the past 5 years. The corrupt board have even worked against and undermined their star player. They got into bed with the Qatari regime. They handed out ludicrous contracts. They don't even have a playing identity anymore. 
There are criminal levels of incompetence at boardroom level.

it was said at the time that this was to soften the path to paid sponsorship. a pr gimmick.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:51am
They really wasted the money from Neymar and have a huge wage bill.

I can see them naming their stadium soon so get some cash in.
They are broke so will have to rely on the academy for the next few years.

But the league as a whole is in trouble so they should still get top 4 and champions league football. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:06pm

It's difficult to feel sorry for them really. They had so many advantages and more resources than anyone else bar maybe a handful of clubs. 
El Puto Amo
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

it was said at the time that this was to soften the path to paid sponsorship. a pr gimmick.
Yep - "More than a (mere) club, a marketing dream"
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I'm not so sure they could - the Glazers would have done so for OT years ago, or Fenway for Anfield, except that both names are too distinctive/historic for a new sponsor's name to stick. I can't see the Camp Nou being any less so.

And in any case, no-one is going to sponsor it at least until the stadium is rebuilt, and even then they'll only get top dollar if Barca are back at the top of the tree.

They are broke so will have to rely on the academy for the next few years.
Somebody said earlier that their academy is the best in the world. Is that really so? (Genuine question)

But the league as a whole is in trouble so they should still get top 4 and champions league football. 
Aye, but is merely qualifying/going out in the last 16 enough for a club of their stature, which is already €1 bn in debt?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm
Unpopular opinion - I don't want Messi at City 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Unpopular opinion - I don't want Messi at City 

I doubt Pep wants him either. He had enough issues getting Aguero to do a bit of work. Also there’s the issue of his salary. You would imagine the key players already at City would be taking note of his earnings
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I'm not so sure they could - the Glazers would have done so for OT years ago, or Fenway for Anfield, except that both names are too distinctive/historic for a new sponsor's name to stick. I can't see the Camp Nou being any less so.

And in any case, no-one is going to sponsor it at least until the stadium is rebuilt, and even then they'll only get top dollar if Barca are back at the top of the tree.

Aye, but is merely qualifying/going out in the last 16 enough for a club of their stature, which is already €1 bn in debt?

Im actually surprised the Glazers haven’t done this yet. It’s the American way and it’s money for old rope.
The fans will hate it but as the clubs know, they will still come through the gates and the more corporates/holiday fans the better.
Old Trafford Budweiser Stadium just rolls of the tongue.

More and more of the lower leagues are doing it in the UK to survive. I think it will catch on soon. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 88>
  Share Topic