Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It usually goes on the Champions League
Two EPL teams in the final and Liverpool won it, they were always going to get plenty of players in the top 10 therefore

If only they used "Brendan's top 6 Clubs in Europe rankings". Then plenty of PSG and Bayern players would have made it i'm sure Smile

Indeed, unbelievable that only one Bundeslisa player made the top 30 LOL
Sponsored Links

cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Only one winner since the start of the PL, Michael Owen 2001

Did Ronaldo not win it at United?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:31pm

In an age were Marcelo and Ramos get voted onto the team of the year every year, no matter how they have performed, it isn't really worth getting annoyed about these types of awards ceremonies

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:35pm

In an age were Marcelo and Ramos get voted onto the team of the year every year, no matter how they have performed, it isn't really worth getting annoyed about these types of awards ceremonies

Very true! Add Dani Alves to the list.

Bayern should have had 4 players in the top 30 list in Lewandowski, Kimmich, Thiago and Gnabry.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

He did, in 2008, the year United won the Champions League in Moscow, when he missed a penalty in the shoot out.

He did score 42 goals in all competitions for United that year, which was ridiculous then and ridiculous now, even if he did average 50 a season for his nine years at Real Madrid.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

He did, in 2008, the year United won the Champions League in Moscow, when he missed a penalty in the shoot out.

He did score 42 goals in all competitions for United that year, which was ridiculous then and ridiculous now, even if he did average 50 a season for his nine years at Real Madrid.
Apologies Thumbs Up
Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:16pm

Correct and right. The whole thing is an utter nonsense. For all that, you can't go far wrong if you have it to Messi 90 percent of the time over the past decade. He is absolutely carrying a poor Barcelona side for a few years now.

On VVD, I actually think he had a far better 2018. He was phenomenal then and there's been a small drop off in form in 2019 imo. He is up there as one of the best defenders I've ever seen and it would be great if he wins a balloon Dor at some stage (very possible this year if the Dutch win the Euros I'd say).

In terms of Liverpool players it's right that many of them made the top 20. I probably would have gone with Mane ahead of VVD and had Mane pushing Messi for the award.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 10:41am
Another hat trick for Messi in a 5 2 win for Barca yeaterday and top of La Liga again.

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
Suarez is out four four months with a knee injury.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 2:12pm

Barca saying they are going listen to offers for the naming rights of the Camp Nou and the money raised will go towards the fight against coronavirus worldwide.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Barca saying they are going listen to offers for the naming rights of the Camp Nou and the money raised will go towards the fight against coronavirus worldwide.

They did that with their shirt sponsors -

Initially for charity, now for big money! 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Initially for charity, now for big money

I'd be very surprised if this didn't happen. Financially, the club is in a mess.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Initially for charity, now for big money

I'd be very surprised if this didn't happen. Financially, the club is in a mess.
But...  but...  but...  splutter

"Més que un club"

Edited by Territorial - 22 Apr 2020 at 11:20am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
Barca drawing 2 2 today another poor result conceding a late goal

Thumbs Down.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
Delighted for Barca Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:15pm
Sacking Valverde for Setien, what was the fckin point in that? Boardroom are clueless.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:58pm
Dropping more points.

A Madrid win tomorrow night will see them 4 points clear and a better goal difference.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm
It’s over. Actually thought Barca played well for large parts tonight. Just the CL left to play for now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 88>
  Share Topic