Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Slow decline.

Not been tested yet in the CL with very easy draws against poor teams.

Liverpool will score 4 or 5 over both legs.
It puzzles me how do many intelligent individuals buy into the EPL hype machine...

I had Liverpool fans in work today telling me Barcelona’s defence was poor. 

Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen and Busqets all in the side LOL

Poor at the back.

Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:33pm

Slow decline.

It puzzles me how do many intelligent individuals buy into the EPL hype machine...
Im far from being an EPL hype merchant.

Just back from a weekend in Barca at a tournament.

Barca were excellent tonight, no complaints.
English teams sh*te themselves and get too cocky.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:17pm

Slow decline.

Will be 6 CL in a row for Spain. Still the best league on the planet.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:49am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Slow decline.

I had Liverpool fans in work today telling me Barcelona’s defence was poor. 

Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen and Busqets all in the side LOL

Poor at the back.

I don't know why people would listen to you Brendan, it's almost as if you watch the league on a regular basis LOL

Although, in the first half especially, I thought Pique and Lenglet were poor in one-on-one situations against Mane and Salah. They seemed worried about their pace so decided to get tight to them higher up the pitch. But on numerous occasions, they got too tight and were rolled easily. 

If Dembele scores that chance at the end, I'd write Liverpool off completely but I still think there is a chance, however small it may be.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:23am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Slow decline.

Will be 6 CL in a row for Spain. Still the best league on the planet.

Also 8 finalists in that time too (AM made two finals).

Barca were clinical tonight but I reckon they will regret not scoring that 4th and finishing the tie tonight. 
They’ll still go through but Liverpool will make them work for it in the 2nd leg.
They have La Liga won so can rest everybody over the weekend.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:56am

Slow decline.

You don’t buy into the hype machine Gaz. You just know f**k all about football. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:59am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Slow decline.

You don’t buy into the hype machine Gaz. You just know f**k all about football. 
And you f**king do LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:19pm
Reports saying Liverpool supporters set off fireworks outside Barcelona's team hotel in the early hours of this morning?

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 May 2019 at 1:19pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Reports saying Liverpool supporters set off fireworks outside Barcelona's team hotel in the early hours of this morning?
Is there an early flight from Oslo?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:24pm

No big deal really is it?

How stuff like that even makes the news or paper talk........
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No big deal really is it?

How stuff like that even makes the news or paper talk........

They wouldn't print it if it wasn't interesting!

Big smile

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 May 2019 at 2:33pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:49am

Fair play to Liverpool. The old adage of "hard work beating talent when talent doesnt work hard" seems apt. I thought Barca were relatively comfortable until half time, they looked as likely to score as Liverpool until then. The second half was a different story though. Once Liverpool got number 2 Barca looked mentally shattered and couldnt live with the press. I heard the commentators ask where their leaders were and that was a good question. Liverpool worked their balls off though and deserved their reward. I'm not a fan by any stretch but it's hard to begrudge that team some success. 

Valverde is going to be under big pressure now after a second monumental European collapse in row. He got his tactics wrong in both legs (Semedo and Arthur should have started) and even stylistically there are issues. That was a chaotic tie over the two legs which played into Liverpools hands, where is the controlled possession game gone? 
Massively disappointing from a Barcelona perspective. Another La Liga and probable Copa Del Rey on the horizon is still going to feel like a wasted season somehow. 
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Fair play to Liverpool. The old adage of "hard work beating talent when talent doesnt work hard" seems apt. I thought Barca were relatively comfortable until half time, they looked as likely to score as Liverpool until then. The second half was a different story though. Once Liverpool got number 2 Barca looked mentally shattered and couldnt live with the press. I heard the commentators ask where their leaders were and that was a good question. Liverpool worked their balls off though and deserved their reward. I'm not a fan by any stretch but it's hard to begrudge that team some success. 

Valverde is going to be under big pressure now after a second monumental European collapse in row. He got his tactics wrong in both legs (Semedo and Arthur should have started) and even stylistically there are issues. That was a chaotic tie over the two legs which played into Liverpools hands, where is the controlled possession game gone? 
Massively disappointing from a Barcelona perspective. Another La Liga and probable Copa Del Rey on the horizon is still going to feel like a wasted season somehow. 

Especially with Real getting knocked out in the competition so early and not mounting any title challenge at all.

It makes Dembele's miss last week even worse. Just watching a clip of it again and it's even worse than I remembered, could have taken 2 touches and still had loads of room to comfortably finish the chance.

Would be very surprised if Valverde doesn't lose his job.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:00am

Yeap, Dembele's miss was really shocking. 
Barca looked a bit complacent in the first half last night which was concerning but they were absolutely blitzed in the second half and had no response at all. 
I agree that Valverde will go in the Summer. Barca is not a forgiving place to be after a result like that.  
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:04am
Dembele's miss was bad, but Salah missed a great chance as well when he hit the post from close range.

Liverpool would probably have come back from 4-0 down and won in extra time anyway!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:11am
Not a chance Valverde will be there next season. The two collapses over the last two seasons in the CL and not having Messi in the squad against Levante in the 37th game last season when going for an unbeaten season are unforgivable. 

Barca had two or three very good chances in the first half. Messi tried to beat an extra man instead of shooting when he had a great chance, Coutinho should have scored also and I think Suarez should have reacted better to the rebound. Still can't believe Alba's two mistakes which led to goals, usually so reliable. Maybe I'm being ultra critical but Ter Stegen could have done better for Wijnaldum's fist goal. Liverpool fully deserved to go through, they were the better team over the two legs, by far.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:18am
Yeah didn't think Ter Stegen had a great game at all
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:38am
They didn’t even look bothered about losing. Messi looked like a man that was trying to work out when his library books were due back afterwards. He had a face that suggested a minor triviality had just briefly taken over his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 88>
  Share Topic