You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:38pm

Barca win one nil. Not conceding an away goal is useful as they are likely to score themselves in the Mestalla which will be a big ask for Valencia to overcome.

If Barca go through this will be their fifth CDR final in a two! They've won the last three
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Alaves.
Thought it was the local lingo name or something. Didn’t want to correct just in case
I’m going to see them against Real Madrid in 3 weeks time. Mon Alaves.
Me too, hala Madrid.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Alaves.
Thought it was the local lingo name or something. Didn’t want to correct just in case
Me too, hala Madrid.
Haha, no way. Give us a shout if you want to meet for a scoop before the game.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:15am

Alaves.
Me too, hala Madrid.
Will do.

Brother has organised the trip.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:17am
Gaz, what's the story with all these very polished online vid clips of Palmerstown FC seniors doing the rounds? Are you involved in that side of the club?
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm

Barcas 1 1 draw with Espanyol yesterday set a club record of 22 games unbeaten at the start of a La Liga season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:56pm
Barca 1 0 up at Valencia in the Cops del Rey aggregate 2 0 Coutinho the scorer.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
Barca game as well as being on sky sports red button at 15.15 ko today is also on the free channel sky sports mix CH 287.

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Feb 2018 at 2:14pm
da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:37pm

Alaves.
Me too, hala Madrid.

Lads, I'm heading over to Barcelona on the may bank holiday weekend for the Real Madrid game but don't have a match ticket. What are my chances of getting one in the lead up and what is best avenue to source one for myself so not too fussed about where I am in the ground. Arriving on the Friday night so will have all day saturday around the city but obviously the language barrier will be a problem trying to ask people if they have a spare ticket.

If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by da_launchpad da_launchpad wrote:

Lads, I'm heading over to Barcelona on the may bank holiday weekend for the Real Madrid game but don't have a match ticket. What are my chances of getting one in the lead up and what is best avenue to source one for myself so not too fussed about where I am in the ground. Arriving on the Friday night so will have all day saturday around the city but obviously the language barrier will be a problem trying to ask people if they have a spare ticket. 
Go to the stadium in the morning or day before and just hang around.

You will be approached to buy tickets, its just like buying drugs LOL

No language barrier when it comes to money.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:35pm

hahahaha classic comment!!! Hopefully I don't end up buying both as that's not likely to end well
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm

hahahaha classic comment!!! Hopefully I don't end up buying both as that's not likely to end well

Do be prepared to spend more than you would for a kilo of heroin for a ticket in the god section though.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:04pm

Not the Nou Camp but I was at Real v Barca in the Bernabeu in 2014. Paid €400 on viagogo. I was talking to a Mexican chap outside the ground and he picked one up for €250. As I had a ticket, I wasn't on the lookout but I can't remember too many touts around. It could be completely different in Barcelona though.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:55pm
Thumbs Up sounds like a plan anyway
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:17am

Barca are discussing the possibility of selling the naming rights for the Nou Camp.

The club have confirmed they are in negotiations with two or three companies over the rights, which are thought to be worth more than £250m.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Barca are discussing the possibility of selling the naming rights for the Nou Camp.

The club have confirmed they are in negotiations with two or three companies over the rights, which are thought to be worth more than £250m.

I was at the club museum a few months back.

They had an exhibition on the new stadium. They reckoned it would cost €600m, with the money to be raised: €200m from own funds; €200m from borrowing and €200m from naming rights.

I know they don't have to pay for a site, and are constructing a "shell" round the existing bowl etc, but I still found it surprising that they feel they can complete such a major re-build in a little over three years, while still playing games at the ground, for so small a sum:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/10252553/watch-barcas-new-camp-nou

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:20pm
A lot of the current bowl would be kept, that's the thing, which saves a fortune. What gets added on are the behind-the-stands facilities, the club suites, the corporate dining facilities, the premium stuff, along with the big expense of the cantilever roof. They just need to put direct access to cordoned off comfy seats and the job's a good 'un.

The cost of the concrete and labour for the bowl that is being retained is gargantuan, so if they can save that much, then the construction costs fall way down. Plus not having the roof over the whole stadium also massively reduces costs, as it keeps the weight of the steel needed way down.

When materials are a significant portion of the cost of a contract like this, keeping the material costs to a minimum significantly reduces costs.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 23 Feb 2018 at 2:24pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:37pm

Good first half from Barca. Winning 4-1 with a couple of lovely goals. Messi stuck a free kick under the wall and Suarez finished a cracking move.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 88>
  Share Topic