You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 374>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 11:49pm
Jack puts the ball on Gaffneys head six yards out. He can head it right, left or centre. He heads it centre, straight into the keepers hands. If you miss sitters like that you don't win football matches.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

Very frustrating night - had most of the ball but like our last four games did fkuc all with the thing. We are a solid side and I expect us to improve soon enough. Had to laugh at the shells fans celebrating the draw and their goalie time wasting to achieve same - at home !! . Wish Jack and Graham would bleedi shoot now and then btw . Anyways .........
Whats your problem? Sure it's just, and I quote, “ Champions just giving the other contenders a bit of a nod....makes it more interesting”.  Shamrock RoversClap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Very frustrating night - had most of the ball but like our last four games did fkuc all with the thing. We are a solid side and I expect us to improve soon enough. Had to laugh at the shells fans celebrating the draw and their goalie time wasting to achieve same - at home !! . Wish Jack and Graham would bleedi shoot now and then btw . Anyways .........
Whats your problem? Sure it's just, and I quote, “ Champions just giving the other contenders a bit of a nod....makes it more interesting”.  Shamrock RoversClap
LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 7:50am
Fans & players arguing after the final whistle, not a great look at this stage of the season and 1 defeat 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Bit of a humour bypass there my auld segosha....problems are sending off on first 2 games cost 4 points. Derry game, no centre halves but still did enough to at least draw  game, Cork game dreadful at the back yet still could have won, last night dominated game but created only a handful of chances. Shels played for a point and got it. Overall, the minor concerns I have  so far are the defence is not the same without Lopes, goalkeeper has been a bit jittery, the major concerns are over playing in midfield which allows opposition set up defensively when we eventually get into the attacking third, the build up play is designed to get overloads out wide and a lot of the attacks break down at this stage as the wing backs have been very poor on the ball and provide little end product. And crucially, Rovers are not really a high scoring team and so far the goals to chances ratio is low. And despite that and I'm not being deluded on another season we'd have 11 or 13 points by now. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 4:03pm
Not at all me oul flower..quite the opposite
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm
Performances havn't been bad except defensivley against cork. Win the next two games and we will be only 1 point worse off than we were after 7 games last year.

Edited by Los Aros - 11 Mar 2023 at 5:45pm
GlosGroundhop View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlosGroundhop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 7:24am
We travelled to Dublin for our first taste of Irish football as Shamrock Rovers took on UCD at the Tallaght Stadium. A review of the Matchday experience is available to read below   

https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/tallaght-stadium-shamrock-rovers - https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/tallaght-stadium-shamrock-rovers

Edited by Sham157 - 13 Apr 2023 at 12:06pm
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 5:12pm
They're some results for Rovers u14s
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

They're some results for Rovers u14s

Yeah incredible really.

Some recognizable names in the squad too.

Robbie Keanes son Robert.
Stephen McPhails son Joel.
Aaron Greences son Jack.
Sinclair Armstrongs brother Desmond.
Justin Ferizajs brother Richie.
Giddeon Tettehs brother Noble.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 6:57pm
That's impressive Clap
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 7:39pm
I thought Keane's son was not at that level?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I thought Keane's son was not at that level?

He’s not Wink
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 8:55am
That's what I heard, but I've not seen him play nor have I met anyone who has seen him play but people keep telling me he's not that good!

Is it a case that he really is not that good, or just blatant begrudgery because he's Da is Robbie Keane.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's what I heard, but I've not seen him play nor have I met anyone who has seen him play but people keep telling me he's not that good!

Is it a case that he really is not that good, or just blatant begrudgery because he's Da is Robbie Keane.

No none of that begrudgery crap...the lad just isn’t good enough.he was out with malahide utd and was fairly average but I suppose the da got him a chance at rovers.look the lads not totally clueless,he’ll just be a good junior player.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 3:22pm
Difficult game tonight, both teams in good recent form. Generally a feisty game for Rovers against the skanks. Expect plenty of cards and goals tonight.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 4:30pm
who’s the ref?
No Pasaran!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

who’s the ref?
Rob Hennessy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 374>
  Share Topic