You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 374>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:15pm
nominal, a very small sum I believe.
No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:48pm
The sin is claiming Stephen will move in the next few days with Stephen Rice looking fav to step into the job managing Rovers . McPhail will stay but Cronin will go with SB. Thats the way it looks so lets see . If thats the way things play out at least Ricer is idolised among the fans and will be given time to settle in . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:35pm
Rice wouldnt have any real managerial experience. I know Bradley hadnt that much either but would he able able to build on what Bradley done. Would seem a bit of a risk. I would say they would get quite a lot of interest from abroad aswell.
I love beer gardens
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:56pm
Yep, no experience managing - maybe give him the job till seasons end and see then re a longer stretch if things work out. He would be backed by all concerned and McPhail is there for him too re a word when needed . Hate to see someone from abroad come in - rather see us try to tag Bucko tbh if Ricer did not work out or was not offered the job. Nearly mid season and this crops up !!! . 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 8:43pm
Buckley? He has a job my friend at the real Rovers. Stay away. Tongue
I love beer gardens
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 8:50pm
Ahhhh,,,,,Embarrassed . 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:14am
Silly **** has turned it down 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's not happening. There's more chance of Fat Puss being the next Lincoln manager.

Bump.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 May 2022 at 10:16am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:19am
Great news!!
He's bound to go eventually but hopefully it will be after this season at the earliest. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:29am
Interesting. Shams probably wanted him to stay obvisouly and increased his pay and conditions. When he weighed it all up maybe the Lincoln job was not that much more appealing to him that hte one he has. Ok you can say its a chance to manage in England but is that the be all and end all? Your slogging away in LG1 with a slim emough chance of getting to the Championship. With Rovers he has European football, good working conditions and hes at home. If he is good enough i am sure another oppurtunity might come along.
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:29am
First Irishman to escape from Lincoln since Dev..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 11:33am
,Clap
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:01pm
Stephens DNA seeps throughout the very foundations of Rovers /// Tallaght Stadium even. He has a way with the team he has built around him and for the common good feed off one another on and off the pitch . Our gaffer and ex player is another Hoop who just couldnt walk away from the Rovers family - too much work to do I bet is his main reason for staying on with us . Good on ya boss. Stephen Bradley - un uomo per tutte le stagioni .Clap

Edited by Southstandman - 06 May 2022 at 12:02pm
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:23pm
He’s obviously not as ambitious as he would lead you believe.
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:54pm
Might have got contacted about a bigger job than the Imps.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Interesting. Shams probably wanted him to stay obvisouly and increased his pay and conditions. When he weighed it all up maybe the Lincoln job was not that much more appealing to him that hte one he has. Ok you can say its a chance to manage in England but is that the be all and end all? Your slogging away in LG1 with a slim emough chance of getting to the Championship. With Rovers he has European football, good working conditions and hes at home. If he is good enough i am sure another oppurtunity might come along.
I think your right. I didn’t see that as an attractive proposition compared to what he has now.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 7:25am
All starting 11 plus the 3 subs were in great form last night . Cant pick out anyone to highlight as they all were so good and played their part in comfortably taking the points . No disrespect to Ollies men but we put in not too much effort on the night as we let the ball do most of the work so Mon at home to Sligo will see fresh enough legs to take on the NW again . Total football love for OH - he is some man for one man and had a bark or two at the officials LOL . Play like this for the season and we need fear no one . Forza Rovers . 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 10:51pm
First half V Sligo was a forgetful 45 minutes as we looked anything but champions . Hard as JB tried he could not make AND score the chances that went a begging tho not too many at that. Second half was a different story as we replaced 4 of the starters and we were off to the races . Burkey scored 3 in 15 minutes and we looked like a team who could play together as we ran out deserved winners . Sligo put some decent passes together has to be said and they got a well earned goal with about 15 minutes to go . 3-1 The Hoops and we are top of the league ...Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 374>
  Share Topic