Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 374>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:07pm
LOI doesn't get much better than that. 

Shame the screamer in the first half and the winner was scored down the end with no stand but what a game, great advertisement for the league.

Edited by max - 28 Feb 2020 at 10:08pm
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:25pm
Ya stadium always makes a game look better. Put that game in finn park tonight and i would have switched over probably. Is it a stand or a hayshed up there.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:27pm
Wasnt really much between them. Rogers should have saved Lopez header i think. I think Dundalk really need to invest in a better keeper.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:40pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:11pm
Did they make a bit of a mess on the first stand? The corners are curved as if they'd be joining together with other stands but the floodlights are in the way.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya stadium always makes a game look better. Put that game in finn park tonight and i would have switched over probably. Is it a stand or a hayshed up there.

It's where they filmed the video for Cotton Eyed Joe
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Did they make a bit of a mess on the first stand? The corners are curved as if they'd be joining together with other stands but the floodlights are in the way.

I actually like the first stand. Little bit different.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It's where they filmed the video for Cotton Eyed Joe

LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:48pm
stadiums look better without the corners filled in and also different looking stands, gives a bit of character pun like some of those ultra modern very comfortable corporate monstrosities in England France and Germany  f**king soulless kips
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 12:04am
The Bradser Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 12:11am
The fourth stand is actually justifiable at Tallaght. Not many clubs can say that these days. 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 12:13am
Victories don't come much sweeter than that.  Hoban, stick it up your arse.  The project continues.  KOH

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 1:23am
An absolute privilege to be in Tallaght for that game tonight... a couple of observations:

- Byrne has to be on the plane to Slovakia. Granted, He made a mistake which led to Dundalks second goal but hes a phenomenal footballer. His football brain was miles ahead of everyone else tonight. He won’t be fazed by the magnitude of the game and just because he’s playing here doesn’t mean he can’t influence an international match. We’d be raving about his goal if it wasn’t for...

- That Flores goal!!! f**k me!!! That will be nominated for a Puskas award. The technique was outrageous. Probably the best goal I’ve ever seen live

- Pitch invaders... This is a real problem with Rovers and it has been through out the Tallaght decade if were being honest. Club needs to start issuing bans. A small sour note on what was a fantastic night PR wise for the LOI

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 7:51am
very enjoyable game.
Byrne is defo a cut above the others, although he often takes a little bit too much time on the ball, he won’t get that at a higher level. Still think he will get another chance though sooner rather than later.

Should be a great rivalry between Rovers and Dundalk this season. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Feb 2020 at 7:51am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 11:36am
Just a super game to watch on the box i must say 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 3:03pm
Going Rovers games for the last 17 years and I’ve not been to any better than that last night. Unreal result, savage atmosphere, massive crowd and one of the best goals I’ve ever seen.

Some advertisement for the league, looking forward to the square end stand being built now so we can get that attendance up over 10k 😁
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:38pm
How many Dundalk fans in attendance roughly? Fantastic goal alright Clap
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

How many Dundalk fans in attendance roughly? Fantastic goal alright Clap
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 374>
  Share Topic