You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 374>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:30pm
Why are other clubs fans so concerned with this game, do they think Rovers shoukd send out their best team so as to get a result in some mickey mouse game most Rovers fans couldnt careless about and didnt even go to???. Would agree though it does the league little good as it just gives premiership loving folk more opportunity to knock the league ignoring or most likely not knowing it was a b team with a couple of trialists. Anyway nice few quid got and Thursday to come and thats all that matters.
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

I didn't find the ages of all players but from I can see there was only 1 17 year and that is Aaron Bolger.

Completely unprofessional to sent out these players to get their arses whipped. Absolutely no good can become of this.

As expected, absolutely nothing but negativity and begrudgery from LOI faithful.

I am sure the money earned by Rovers will end up in Bradley's pocket after they sack him!

how was it unprofessional. Rovers have an important european tie coming up. Thats the important game. No one will care about this next thursday.

Celtic have an important game too.

They sent a very inexperienced side out against a strong Celtic side and they were humiliated.

eeh celtic are in pre season and need the gametime for their important game against linfield. Two different situations. So what they got spanked. Big deal. Europe is the priority.

Edited by Dugs - 08 Jul 2017 at 8:45pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
I'm not disputing that Dugs.

Rovers have 21 first team players, I've no issue in resting the starting 11 to play against Boleslav, why didn't the rest of the squad start the game and mix it up with players from the u19's and be more competitive?

I'm aware that some players maybe injured etc.. but my point still stands.
It may have saved he club that embarrassment.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:08pm

Rovers have 21 first team players, I've no issue in resting the starting 11 to play against Boleslav, why didn't the rest of the squad start the game and mix it up with players from the u19's and be more competitive?

What embarrassment? They set out to make a rake of money, they did that, blatantly didn't give a f**k about the game, don't think it's embarrassing at all, fair f**ks to them

Rather have my b team get destroyed and make 20k+ than not play at all
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

We sent the kids out , they got their arses handed to them and they will learn from the experience . Our side did their best and I cant be more proud of them . Think we made a few bob so give the kids a good night out for their efforts . Safe home Glasgow Hoops and good luck for the upcoming season Thumbs Up . 

"Can't be more proud of them"

9 fookin nil. What do you reckon they learnt from the experience? That they are very bad at football perhaps?

Prick . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:18pm
sl*g binge at the expense of young lads .......fkucs sake . How many of you lot ever even dreamed of playing in games like that as 17/18 year olds ??. Fkuc the money - fkuc the result . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:23pm

We sent the kids out , they got their arses handed to them and they will learn from the experience . Our side did their best and I cant be more proud of them . Think we made a few bob so give the kids a good night out for their efforts . Safe home Glasgow Hoops and good luck for the upcoming season Thumbs Up . 

9 fookin nil. What do you reckon they learnt from the experience? That they are very bad at football perhaps?

Prick . 

At least most of the other posters who follow Rovers have the honesty to admit that they robbed the Celtic supporting Irish public by putting out a joke team. They saw a chance to take the money and run and they went for it.

You on the other hand are so proud of a load of no hopers who were sent out to be publicly humiliated so your club can make a few quid. You are an absolute empty head
El Puto Amo
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:05pm

Love the back tracking

Put the line ups aside, if Rovers had of beaten Celtic today, you'd be jizzing your pants, saying that SPL is sh*te etc...and we'd never hear the end of it.

I'd have preferred not to be smashed 9-0, absolutely, but we've a european game Thursday, after playing 3 times since last Thursday and travelling to Iceland if he'd have put out a first strength team, I'd be doing my nut.

I don't go in for all this "SPL is sh*te" guff, quite clearly it's not sh*te, I'd love our league to have the grounds and attendances that even the smaller clubs have over there. But if anyone wants to go in for cheap point scoring the don't need to rely on Rovers beating Celtic they can just point to the fact Rovers and Cork are in the next round of the Europa league and the Huns and St. Johnstone are out.

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:08pm

At least most of the other posters who follow Rovers have the honesty to admit that they robbed the Celtic supporting Irish public by putting out a joke team. 

Would you go 'way outta that, most the Celtic fans would have no idea if that was Rovers first team or not. They came to see Celtic, and got to see them score goals, I doubt there's a single fan going away thinking they were robbed.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:23pm

Prick . 

At least most of the other posters who follow Rovers have the honesty to admit that they robbed the Celtic supporting Irish public by putting out a joke team. They saw a chance to take the money and run and they went for it.

You on the other hand are so proud of a load of no hopers who were sent out to be publicly humiliated so your club can make a few quid. You are an absolute empty head

What bullsh*t, what about Liverpool and United playing in the Aviva next month, there so called fans paying top dollar and they will both play severely weakened teams.

Fair play to Rovers, hope they made a fortune.
I know nothing :-)
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:30pm
The sooner we stop selling our souls for these games the better. It doesn't pay us to have friendlies anymore. Us LOI fans know that the result means nothing, but is a better reputation among the wider public worth more than a bit of extra cash?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Prick . 

What bullsh*t, what about Liverpool and United playing in the Aviva next month, there so called fans paying top dollar and they will both play severely weakened teams.

Fair play to Rovers, hope they made a fortune.

Yeah I think the Liverpool and United fans will be fleeced too. I've made that comment on their threads. What's your point?
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Love the back tracking

Put the line ups aside, if Rovers had of beaten Celtic today, you'd be jizzing your pants, saying that SPL is sh*te etc...and we'd never hear the end of it.

I'd have preferred not to be smashed 9-0, absolutely, but we've a european game Thursday, after playing 3 times since last Thursday and travelling to Iceland if he'd have put out a first strength team, I'd be doing my nut.

I don't go in for all this "SPL is sh*te" guff, quite clearly it's not sh*te, I'd love our league to have the grounds and attendances that even the smaller clubs have over there. But if anyone wants to go in for cheap point scoring the don't need to rely on Rovers beating Celtic they can just point to the fact Rovers and Cork are in the next round of the Europa league and the Huns and St. Johnstone are out.

Exactly. It is worth pointing out that Celtic themselves were accused of robbing fans when they put their kids out in a friendly against Tottenham a few years ago and got battered 6-1. I can't remember the season but it was in between two European ties.
The sum total of today was Dublin Celtic fans got a piss-up and saw their team, Shams got to try a few players out and made a few quid and everybody went home happy. Except for young Horgan in goal for Shamrock, he seemed a bit annoyed.

As for the Scottish top flight being sh*te, it possibly is and it depends on the yardstick. It is really just one of those things thrown about by Sky Sports experts who think anything that doesn't include England's richest franchises is sh*te. What I did find amazing about the St. Johnstone tie in Europe was their complete lack of preparation for it. Compared with the LOI, with the calendar being designed to aid teams in Europe and what not, St. Johnstone were unbelievable unprofessional. It seems most of their squad spent June on the piss and this was followed up with a pre-season that included no proper friendly matches until after the first leg of their European tie. Despite having a budget to replace players who were left and having no decent striker they seem to be waiting until later on to bring one in!Their game on Thursday was crying out for one. Anyway, I digress and am taking this off topic.

I would love an opportunity to stick the oar into Shamrock, this isn't it though.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Love the back tracking

The bigger picture is that Rovers lost 9-0 at home to Celtic. It's embarrassing for the league and the club.

What players played is completely irrelevant and the how much money they make is completely irrelevant too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What embarrassment? They set out to make a rake of money, they did that, blatantly didn't give a f**k about the game, don't think it's embarrassing at all, fair f**ks to them

Losing 9-0 is not embarrassing the club or league now? bollocks to that.

Since when have all fans become accountants.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm

Is every Rovers fan telling you they couldn't give a fcuk bout the match not enough evidence enough for you?
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:55pm
Do and Rovers fans know if there has been a decision yet on whether your match against Limerick next week will go ahead on the Sunday or be postponed to a later date?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Is every Rovers fan telling you they couldn't give a fcuk bout the match not enough evidence enough for you?

Funny how a lot of them went to the game, must be barstoolers I suppose.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 374>
  Share Topic