Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 374>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

All nonsense.he has maybe 4 max players who are inexperienced or young at any one time.there are several players there who have played at a "higher" level in england.all are pros.they have a budget in the top 3 in the country.a stadium with minimal rent.a free 1,000,000 hand out from a superfan to fund development and mcfail cronin duff gartland robinson etc as coaches.bullsh*t excuses,they should be top 3 minimum.

How so? The Rovers bench had 4 or 5 really young players on it tonight?

Do you think football and football results just work like that in an instant??? LOL

Every team in the league bar the three i mentioned have benches full of 18/19/20 year olds on a weekly basis. 

Derry didn't vs Galway last week.

Limerick didn't vs Galway tonight.

So you're telling porkies 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
Who they name on the bench is by and large insignificant,the first eleven are not ķids and you know it.of the young lads trevor clarke would walk onto any team in the league,boyd would make 6 or 7 teams and the rest of your starters are established loi players.however if you fel bradley is a competent manager of shams then fair enough,personally id love to se him stay on ,maybe a 5 year contract.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:44pm

Who they name on the bench is by and large insignificant,the first eleven are not ķids and you know it.of the young lads trevor clarke would walk onto any team in the league,boyd would make 6 or 7 teams and the rest of your starters are established loi players.however if you fel bradley is a competent manager of shams then fair enough,personally id love to se him stay on ,maybe a 5 year contract.

How is it insignificant?? LOL

It shows these lads are firmly part of the first team....

Rovers will still finish ahead of Bohs this season regardless, your own club have enough of their own problems. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:53pm
Finish ahead of us??? Are you mad, your budget is how many multiples of ours?? We are spending the lowest in the league, what's your excuse? Although Anthony buttimer would be fair enough tonight I suppose
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:54pm

Finish ahead of us??? Are you mad, your budget is how many multiples of ours?? We are spending the lowest in the league, what's your excuse? Although Anthony buttimer would be fair enough tonight I suppose

I don't support Rovers..............LOL

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:55pm

All nonsense.he has maybe 4 max players who are inexperienced or young at any one time.there are several players there who have played at a "higher" level in england.all are pros.they have a budget in the top 3 in the country.a stadium with minimal rent.a free 1,000,000 hand out from a superfan to fund development and mcfail cronin duff gartland robinson etc as coaches.bullsh*t excuses,they should be top 3 minimum.

How so? The Rovers bench had 4 or 5 really young players on it tonight?

Do you think football and football results just work like that in an instant??? LOL

Every team in the league bar the three i mentioned have benches full of 18/19/20 year olds on a weekly basis. 

Derry didn't vs Galway last week.

Limerick didn't vs Galway tonight.

So you're telling porkies 

Derrys oldest player in their staring 11 against galway was 24 so not a lot of experiance there LOLLOL
Limerick do have an older squad than i thought but still has 4/5 young players like rovers in around it.
Pats while having an older bench (which still had 4/7 under the age of 25 including two 18 year olds) have a younger starting 11 than rovers.

Rovers are also missing connolly and corry who when they return will force two of the young lads of the rovers bench. 

Edited by Doyler1993 - 21 Apr 2017 at 11:56pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:57pm
You did say bench Wink

Rovers are promoting a lot of players from within, it should be seen as something positive that's all I'm getting at.

They shouldn't be slated for it! 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:00am
The average age of the Shamrock team tonight was 25.2, the average age of Cork City was 26.1. Conor Ellis is a 19 year old who has come on in 7 matches, Shane Griffin came on tonight is a 22 year old local lad who was let go at Reading, Kevin O'Connor was signed from Waterford three years ago when he was 18. Seani Maguire himself is only 22. You would swear the likes of Cork and Dundalk were teams full of gnarled veterans and that Shamrock were some club playing the under 18s.
Whatever yarn they want to spin about 'kids' and 'projects' they have about the same sized squad and budget as Cork City and Dundalk, I am sure Dundalk's team is similarly averaging in the mid twenties, maybe slightly older than the two  mentioned, squad wise at least.
I will grant them that Kenny and Caulfield have had time to build their squads and get them right, but that doesn't mean that Shamrock Rovers should be outside the top 4.
The funny thing is that it is all so obvious and predictable, I don't think I was the only who thought Bradley would be the first manager sacked or that they would still end up fourth after they had sacked him. It couldn't be any more obvious that he is out of his depth, look at his interviews after games where he has the body language of a stroppy teenager, more reminiscent of Kevin Patterson than Dermot Keely!
Yet when it has been pointed out to Shamrockers that the cheese may have slid from his cracker, fans from other clubs were told that he was 'under our skin' and that it was all still about the project and they were  getting closer. I can only assume the project is next year's First Division as they are certainly getting closer! 
Anyway, I hope he survives another few weeks as he is tremendous fun and his interviews are top notch.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:01am
I think you might be missing my point though. Every team in the league are promoting an awful lot of young players from within bar maybe cork/dundalk and bray. Its just that rovers are the only ones going on about it every week to try and distract from their horrible start to the season. 

And before and cork and dundalk fans start to argue I understand that your squads are of a much higher quality and therefore making it much harder for 19 year olds to break in which is no real fault of the club itself. 

Also this 'famous' rovers academy have won nothing yet while cork have won 4/6 of the u19 titles and yet you very rarely hear anything about them and their underage structures. 

Edited by Doyler1993 - 22 Apr 2017 at 12:05am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:05am

I think you might be missing my point though. Every team in the league are promoting an awful lot of young players from within bar maybe cork/dundalk and bray. Its just that rovers are the only ones going on about it every week to try and distract from their horrible start to the season. 

And before and cork and dundalk fans start to argue I understand that your squads are of a much higher quality and therefore making it much harder for 19 year olds to break in which is no real fault of the club itself. 

I'm not missing your point, I get what you're saying!

Rovers despite signing a couple of players like Corry/Davy Mc etc seem to be drifting away from signing nomads and players who are past it on big €€€ and turning to youth to an extent instead and it will probably continue to be the case. 

Despite the big budget, there are plenty of long term contracts being handed to very young players and it's encouraging. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:06am

Also this 'famous' rovers academy have won nothing yet while cork have won 4/6 of the u19 titles and yet you very rarely hear anything about them and their underage structures. 

The whole structure of Rovers has only really started to change in the past what 12 months or so? 

So it's hardly surprising. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:13am

Rovers despite signing a couple of players like Corry/Davy Mc etc seem to be drifting away from signing nomads and players who are past it on big €€€ and turning to youth to an extent instead and it will probably continue to be the case. 

Despite the big budget, there are plenty of long term contracts being handed to very young players and it's encouraging. 

But what club is signing players who are past it on big €€€? The only club that was doing it was rovers and now they are praising themselves for doing what nearly every other club has been doing for years by signing young players
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:28am

But what club is signing players who are past it on big €€€? The only club that was doing it was rovers and now they are praising themselves for doing what nearly every other club has been doing for years by signing young players

But they're not just signing young players, they are actively trying to reshape the structure of their club from the bottom up, with this means increased time and money being spent on bringing through young players from within. 

Yet people expect them to winning all around them? Find it very silly that people can think that myself.

Fair play to Rovers, they're making education a priority too among their young players! 

Anyhow gents, I don't even support Rovers LOL I'm off to bed working in the morning Angry

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:32am

[/QUOTE]But they're not just signing young players, they are actively trying to reshape the structure of their club from the bottom up, with this means increased time and money being spent on bringing through young players from within. 

Yet people expect them to winning all around them? Find it very silly that people can think that myself.

Fair play to Rovers, they're making education a priority too among their young players! 

Anyhow gents, I don't even support Rovers LOL I'm off to bed working in the morning Angry
[/QUOTE]

I would as well after having seen the ability of some of these 'football' players

Edited by Doyler1993 - 22 Apr 2017 at 12:32am
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:03am
This is fantastic reading 😂
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

If i hear this kids malarkey one more time. Playing kids is fine its just the kids shamrock rovers are playing just arent that great. No real stars as far as i can see.    

But it's pretty evident that Rovers have stopped signing 30+ year old journeymen and replaced them with young players for the most part?

You only have to look at that sh*te Stephen Kenny signed? 

How many teams are blooding young players in the LOI at a steady rate outside of Rovers? Kids need time and you cannot ignore that Rovers are at least trying to bridge that gap between youth football and senior ball by blooding players from within.

Majority of teams in premier division have very similar and even younger age squads than rovers so using the kids excuse is just a cop out by the fans and management. Harps, Galway, Bohs, Drogheda, Pats, Sligo, Derry and limerick are all blooding u19 and a lot of their starting 11 would be under 25 just theyre not using it as an excuse week in week out when results dont go their way.  The only squads who would have a good bit of experience would be dundalk, cork and bray. 

Rovers had a 32, 27, 28, 29 and a 30 year old in the starting 11 tonight. They only had 2 players under the age of 20 in tonight's line up. 

Look at how young Rovers bench was though? Take out Davie and Michael O'Connor and what do you have? A bench full of kids....

Name me one other team outside bray/dundalk/cork who have an older squad or more experience than rovers?

Pats.....

If that's true there cannot be much in it. Would love to see the averages confirmed. I know when the 2 teams met in Inchicore they were near dead level on starting 11s
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

hopefully it makes up for the fact that your teams hopes of doing 4 in a row is in tatters..

only great teams do 4 in a row.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

hopefully it makes up for the fact that your teams hopes of doing 4 in a row is in tatters..

only great teams do 4 in a row.

More chance of us doing 4 in a row than you qualifying for Europe.
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 374>
  Share Topic