You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 373>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

Derry and the pitch making mugs of us today so far . The ref should get 6 months for that decision - ruined any chance of us getting anything from the game . Low rent pitch low rent referee . 
Very difficult fixture so soon after Thursday nights exertions against a fired up team, and a ref who wants to be the star of the show. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 18 Sep 2022 at 7:41pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 7:50pm
belter of a game that, thought rovers did admirably considering the man down, great watch from a neutral perspective .
No Pasaran!
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

Derry and the pitch making mugs of us today so far . The ref should get 6 months for that decision - ruined any chance of us getting anything from the game . Low rent pitch low rent referee . 
Very difficult fixture so soon after Thursday nights exertions against a fired up team, and a ref who wants to be the star of the show. 

They handled the game so better than us particularly first half where we looked disinterested at times hoofing the ball up the park. Not gonna nitpick -we got beat so the team has to put that away and move on . Couple of tricky fixtures left and we cant slip up . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:37am
Poor last night, very little spark, nothing down the wings, Gaffney struggles on his own up front. On balance it was a point gained rather than 2 dropped. Shels never really went for it 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:25pm
Only saw the second half but bar Cleary's 40 yard super strike there wasn't much else to see.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Only saw the second half but bar Cleary's 40 yard super strike there wasn't much else to see.
That's about the sum of it...Great effort by Cleary. His second effort not so good, which according to one report...the ball was last seen heading in the direction of Ballybough. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

That's about the sum of it...Great effort by Cleary. His second effort not so good, which according to one report...the ball was last seen heading in the direction of Ballybough. 

my stream froze the second the ball went out of camera view so I just presumed he hit the internet.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 9:15pm
excellent tonight so far....Best league performance for ages.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 9:17pm
RTE showing a Cavan Senior Football Semi Final and TG4 showing  a rugby union game between a Welsh and South African team 🤮 We are pissing into the wind 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 01 Oct 2022 at 9:17pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 9:22pm
Byrne nearly back to his best...or "the master" as joey ndo is calling him..
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 10:37pm
Jacks pass to Dylan was a masterclass in how a gifted player see"s the game . And the pass was not wasted as Watts spun the ball past the keeper to score - cracking stuff . Keep this up and we will be crowned champs the night we play Derry . What a night that will be in Tallaght . Nice one Rovers. 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 5:10am
Would love to see a reverse angle of Watt's goal to see where the 2 CB's were positioned as Byrne plays the pass. It's a great pass but the CB's seem to be way out of position.

As for RTE - a waste of time at this stage. Would be interested to see the viewing figures for the match they showed, seeing as that's what matters for McBennett.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 1:14pm
At the game no one was blaming the centre backs. Just a superb pass. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 4:52pm
Was at the game too. Byrne was a class above everyone else. Looks to be back to his best. Shams were 3 or 4 levels above Sligo. Im not sure i ever seen a more 1 sided game in the Showgrounds ever maybe. Looked fitter and stronger also. Another thing i noticed was Bradley spent the whole game shouting instructions. Never stopped. Even when they were 3-0 up. I was kinda impressed with that. He was constantly on to the players. The whole Shams bench were. Seemed a well run outfit. As for Sligo Rovers..a lot of changes needed for next season and i think it includes the manager as well.
I love beer gardens
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:24pm
Very strange selection this evening and Rovers should be dead and buried by now. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Very strange selection this evening and Rovers should be dead and buried by now. 

Why is Byrne Burke and Gaffney not playing? I see they are on the bench. Bradleys selections in Europe have been too conservative. Selects his teams to be compact but they end up losing anyway away from home. Why not have a go. Still might lose but at least you will lose trying.
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why is Byrne Burke and Gaffney not playing? I see they are on the bench. Bradleys selections in Europe have been too conservative. Selects his teams to be compact but they end up losing anyway away from home. Why not have a go. Still might lose but at least you will lose trying.
Priorities - league takes precedent. Money made from europe,  probably look to pick stronger teams for the home games to pick up extra money from a draw or two. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:29pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Priorities - league takes precedent. Money made from europe,  probably look to pick stronger teams for the home games to pick up extra money from a draw or two. 
The league should’ve been wrapped up long before tonight, seems a shame after doing the hard part and qualifying 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 373>
  Share Topic