Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 373>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:26pm
I could see the real Rovers challenging going on tonights showing from both teams. Nothing special on display. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 7:17am
No Pico no Joey last night and still a well merited win . A lot said re them hitting the woodwork a few times- so they had their woody woodpecker hats on - who gives a xxxx . A well worked win where we dominated the first half and should have been all over soon after the break with the refused pen and the perfectly good goal taken off Greener . Whoban can fkuc right off with his comments about last season being shortened etc - that siht only drives us on . Can see Danny and Burke long term being golden and in all honesty do we have any weaknesses ?? . Great management team as well so all good . We wont win all games of course but this team has enough to retain the title . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:52am
You don't think Greene strayed offside? Would love to see it again from a better angle whether he was level with the ball or not. Did appear to move slightly ahead of the ball (although when paused, it was much tighter than it originally looked)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:03am
Was talking to a chap who was there . Deffo onside . 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:43am
they’re too quick to call in favour of the defence, should be the other way round, be a lot more goals given . Should have been 2 penalties last night as well imo. Better the odd wrong call than the farce of var though.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Southstandman Southstandman wrote:

What a stroke of good fortune for him to be sitting directly in line in order to be so certainClap
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

What a stroke of good fortune for him to be sitting directly in line in order to be so certainClap
Allthat matters is 3 points which were duly secured. Penalty was a cert though....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOL

Can one of you two gobsh*tes point out to me where I said he was sitting please . 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm

LOL

Can one of you two gobsh*tes point out to me where I said he was sitting please . 

Thought as much .......Sham - give the youngfellah back his Sherlock Holmes outfit . BSM ???lost for words me bucko - lost for words LOL . 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:44pm

LOL

Thought as much .......Sham - give the youngfellah back his Sherlock Holmes outfit . BSM ???lost for words me bucko - lost for words LOL . 
Apologies for not being online to reply instantly to your reply to my earlier post. I wont mention that it took you a number of hours also to initially reply. 

Of course you did not mention where he was seated, however you did day the chap you were talking to stated that he was “Deffo onside”. Now given that linesmen or Assistant referees the world over are required to keep as much as humanly possible in line with the last defender, and that VAR for example uses graphic lines to decide offside, I ascertained that the chap must have indeed been sitting in line to be definite or at least almost perfectly in line. Otherwise how could he determine for definite either way. 

Perhaps next time you talk to “a chap” that happened to be there who is so adamant regarding an offside decision you might provide the full contextThumbs Up
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:58pm
Edit, fair response below so scrapping this 

Edited by nvidic - 03 Apr 2021 at 10:01pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:58pm

LOL

Apologies for not being online to reply instantly to your reply to my earlier post. I wont mention that it took you a number of hours also to initially reply. 

Of course you did not mention where he was seated, however you did day the chap you were talking to stated that he was “Deffo onside”. Now given that linesmen or Assistant referees the world over are required to keep as much as humanly possible in line with the last defender, and that VAR for example uses graphic lines to decide offside, I ascertained that the chap must have indeed been sitting in line to be definite or at least almost perfectly in line. Otherwise how could he determine for definite either way. 

Perhaps next time you talk to “a chap” that happened to be there who is so adamant regarding an offside decision you might provide the full contextThumbs Up

OK Sham, will do. No idea where he sat tbh . Just took his word and still do cos he was in the place as opposed to , like us, in our living rooms . Did give me a chance to act the maggot tho. Kudos. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 7:12am

LOL

OK Sham, will do. No idea where he sat tbh . Just took his word and still do cos he was in the place as opposed to , like us, in our living rooms . Did give me a chance to act the maggot tho. Kudos. 
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 7:13am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not sure what your response was, but I thought it was obvious myself and EastStandMan were bouncing off each other.

Edited by Sham157 - 04 Apr 2021 at 7:14am
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:41pm
the last defender
Edit its the second last defender 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:46am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not sure what your response was, but I thought it was obvious myself and EastStandMan were bouncing off each other.

Incognito mode Ouch . 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:40pm
Rovers V Donedalk viewed by nearly a quarter of a million on RTE last Fri. I can see attendances growing when we get back to something near normality . Very heartening . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 373>
  Share Topic