You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 373>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Typical Irish result, going over with a 2-1 lead as favorites and absolutely blowing it against 10 men.

Apollon were favs to go through tonight.

Going into extra time level on agg and playing against 10 men and not even taking it to penalties seems very sloppy. I don't know how Rovers managed to get a player sent off when everything was in their favour.

I'm not one to defend shamrock but jaysus that sounds bizarre. They were playing against a team far better than them just look at their results last season. Blistering heat. Rovers lad sent off after playing 90 mins against very good players in that heat. I'd imagine it was a tired mistimed challenge. 

It wasn't. It was deliberate and needless. Rush of blood to the head maybe but it was a total brain fart and cost them the tie imo. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:47pm
Heartbreaking.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 12:23am
We got what we deserved fckin nothing, As for the sending off the coont should be made play for free for the next couple of months fckin idiot
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:30am
We let a great opportunity slip away slip tonight. Poor game management by players. The least should have been a pen shoot out. Great to see so many travel away again so soon after Bergen. While understandably distraught after the result tonight, my team is in a great place. Ireland's No 1. KOH 1724.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:06am

Typical Irish result, going over with a 2-1 lead as favorites and absolutely blowing it against 10 men.

2-1 down and with 10 men for a portion of the game?

Why couldn't Rovers take advantage of the the extra man and win the game.

11 > 10

I couldn’t find a stream so I was watching BET365 for updates. For about 30 seconds Shams were favs. Apollon were under evens constantly apart from that 30 second spell.

Apollon are a serious team and I’m sure it was over 30 degrees in Cyprus.

They looked a seriously average team in Dublin last week.

Apollen played for an hour with 10 men. 1 hour!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Going into extra time level on agg and playing against 10 men and not even taking it to penalties seems very sloppy. I don't know how Rovers managed to get a player sent off when everything was in their favour.

I'm not one to defend shamrock but jaysus that sounds bizarre. They were playing against a team far better than them just look at their results last season. Blistering heat. Rovers lad sent off after playing 90 mins against very good players in that heat. I'd imagine it was a tired mistimed challenge. 

It wasn't. It was deliberate and needless. Rush of blood to the head maybe but it was a total brain fart and cost them the tie imo. 

i didnt see that, but after the rovers goal rovers looked ok and comfortable, the cypriots were a better team but they were unravelling (so much play acting , diving etc) i think rovers shouldve taken it to penos... irish teams often get players sent off in euro ties.. tiredness or unable to get a proper tackle in...
Come on Irelind
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:26am
Decent draw in the cup - and one of Derry or Dundalk to go....
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:52am
the super drogs beat you last year, that was probably a 'decent draw'Wink
Come on Irelind
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Once Rob Harvey isn't the ref we should have a chance at home against them.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Once Rob Harvey isn't the ref we should have a chance at home against them.

Or P. McLoughlin
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:57am
Thank goodness that's ended. Celebrating with Northern Soul dance along in my gaff...KOH KTF

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Thank goodness that's ended. Celebrating with Northern Soul dance along in my gaff...KOH KTF

At least one of ye ****s has some taste.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:02pm
So close to a replay in the cup CryCryCry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:13am
Many of yas coming up Monday Cry
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:31am
I doubt it, apart from the obvious reason for giving the match a miss, the kick off time is a killer with rush hour traffic getting out of Dublin. Wasn't a huge queue buying tickets after the game on Friday.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:41pm
Will anybody come to cup final?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Will anybody come to cup final?

I reckon Sligo will bring a decent crowd. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

I doubt it, apart from the obvious reason for giving the match a miss, the kick off time is a killer with rush hour traffic getting out of Dublin. Wasn't a huge queue buying tickets after the game on Friday.
LOL holy fck if we were there to win the league would this be an excuse, fckin typical of our support league gone super fans gone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 373>
  Share Topic