Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 373>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 11:40pm
I`ve seen O`Connor put in some very good shifts for the club over the years so maybe I overlooked the bad ones! He`ll certainly have to earn his place this season with so much competition for places.

Good game coming up Fri night against Cork. I`ll be interested to see who Fenlon starts with.
Sponsored Links

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:40am
Interesting to see Nutsy stick with Hyland last weekend, big game now Friday. Whats the interest like down in Cork, will many travel?
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:29pm
Bit of a juggling act for PF keeping both keepers happy. Hyland has his 2 clean sheets but he`ll face a much stiffer test against Cork tomorrow night if he starts.

Hope Billy doesnt come back to rain on our parade. He knows that pitch inside out.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

I`ve seen O`Connor put in some very good shifts for the club over the years.
Are we talking about the same O'Connor here? Do you mean David, Danny or Cathal? Because you cannot mean Sean.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm
Long range goals won't keep in the team long term, he reminds me of a few of those Man City players in terms of attitude.  Want him to do well, but his laziness grates on the fans big time.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Bit of a juggling act for PF keeping both keepers happy. Hyland has his 2 clean sheets but he`ll face a much stiffer test against Cork tomorrow night if he starts.

Hope Billy doesnt come back to rain on our parade. He knows that pitch inside out.

It is one poxy fookin pitch. An absolute disgrace that it is so poor at this stage in the season.  
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:50pm
Eh? Its like a carpet at the moment...
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Long range goals won't keep in the team long term, he reminds me of a few of those Man City players in terms of attitude.  Want him to do well, but his laziness grates on the fans big time.

Hes lucky in that we don't have an abundance of wingers so knows he will get game time regardless
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Eh? Its like a carpet at the moment...

Didn't look great to me in the Pats game, ball was bobbly enough, but it's usually pristine in fairness.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:43pm
There were unusual weather conditions round the pats game to be fair
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm
Wind is highly unusual in Ireland. To be fair, most of it was problem coming from your mouth
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

There were unusual weather conditions round the pats game to be fair

The pitch was in bits. The bounce of the ball was clearly affected by the amount of sand on it. 
El Puto Amo
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 10:17pm
Poor game last night for the spectators, including the two keepers who had little to do. Cork are a big and physical side and well organised at the back, winning headers for fun. They seemed to just want to contain Rovers, stifle the play, and go away happy with a point.

Say what you want about Sean O`Connor but he wouldnt have done any worse than the rest of the attack. He may have even struck a long ranger to grab the 3 points.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 4:06pm
But he would have done worse on tracking back, tackling and generally getting stuck in. Was not a game for Windy as he proved with a cowardly 10 mins. The man is not one for a battle.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 11:20pm
The game was a physical battle for sure and Cork are fairly uncompromising. They dont take prisoners:) It`s early days in the league and PF will have learnt from this game. I just hope he sets up his team differently for when we next play Cork.

We were playing Cork at their own game and going long, with too much aerial ball. Gary would`ve needed a stepladder to reach the height of some of those Cork players. Hopefully next time we play the ball on the deck and try and outfox them that way. Cork will mop up aerial ball all day long.

We all have our ideal midfield four and mine are Waters and Sean O`Connor on the wings, Cregg and Fahey in central midfield, with Mc Phail coming on for impact. These are all technical players who`ll create chances for Mc Cabe and North up front, while also controlling the tempo of the game. Main lesson from Fri night: keep the ball on the deck because aerially, we dont have the height.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:22am
I thought Rovers probably shaded it but to be fair, bar hitting the crossbar and a snap shot from Cregg I think, there was no other chances. Sheppard had a great chance in the first half for us to pull it back to Miller but went with the shot instead, which ended up going out for a throw in. 

We set up in the first half to play a bit of ball but it was clear in the second half the draw was enough for City. 

One of the more boring games I've ever been at between two poor teams. I hope there was no first timers at it. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:11am
Thought Friday night would never end. Rubbish game but Colin Healy is just immense.
Must say Tallaght Stadium is still looking well, always enjoy my trip up.

Edited by scottyccfc - 23 Mar 2015 at 10:11am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:16am
Might make an effort to go to Tallaghtfornia on Friday for the Boez match. Been at a few in Dalyer in the home end and was good craic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 373>
  Share Topic