You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 534>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 1:48pm
While I take the point about the dress code, the EP is comprised of a lot of very weird people who actively draw salaries from an institution that they openly despise and work against. Between electoral system quirks and protest votes, it’s what you get. And that doesn’t mention the fruitcakes who stand and don’t get elected. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:42pm
Corbyn misunderstood comments in backstop ? 

While not his biggest fan I did have a bit of sympathy for his all out assault from the British media but fuk me he is the worst labour leader since the last one and this has damage limitation wrote all over it 

If he had no issues with the backstop wtf didn’t you  vote for May agreement and saved us the last 6  months 

Talk about not seeing the bigger picture 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
Labour still not clear what they are after conference votes. They might be leave, they might be remain.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:47am
Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament for five weeks was unlawful, the Supreme Court says.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Labour still not clear what they are after conference votes. They might be leave, they might be remain.

Idiots.  I'd say 50% of Britain are pro remain yet the two main parties are pro Brexit. Well Corbyn is anyway.  If they had any sense and wanted to win a GE they should have been a pro remain party from the start.  Of course they are afraid of pissing off their working class leave voters.
I'd be voting Lib Dem if I was in living in that country I am not allowed mention by name.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament for five weeks was unlawful, the Supreme Court says.

Fantastic outcome. Boris’ behaviour is now utterly discredited and such an act should see him resign and an election happen as soon as possible.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Idiots.  I'd say 50% of Britain are pro remain yet the two main parties are pro Brexit. Well Corbyn is anyway.  If they had any sense and wanted to win a GE they should have been a pro remain party from the start.  Of course they are afraid of pissing off their working class leave voters.
I'd be voting Lib Dem if I was in living in that country I am not allowed mention by name.

The Lib Dem’s may well be king makers in a future government, should they be willing to agree to coalesce again.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:10am
Lots of calls for Johnson to resign. Kind of hard to see how he recovers from this in fairness.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:13am
All the Leavers who wanted out of the EU because of sovereignty and to have British interests in British hands, now questioning the legitimacy of a ruling in the highest court in the land LOL

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:16am
I always think it’s truly the preserve of the ignorant to condemn judges in these circumstances. These are issues far beyond the comprehension of most.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:20am

I always think it’s truly the preserve of the ignorant to condemn judges in these circumstances. These are issues far beyond the comprehension of most.

Na it's a stitch up innit, all these judges are lefty remoaners and against dimocricy!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:25am
A cursory look at what is available on the judgement makes the distinction between recess and prorogation and what it is for. Stepping over the line would be ultra vires and the courts are entitled to step in. Parliament cannot act unlawfully with no oversight. The court acts as its check.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:28am

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The Lib Dem’s may well be king makers in a future government, should they be willing to agree to coalesce again.
Their whole purpose is to coalesce! Particularly with the Tories, Swinson has shown she wants to stop a no-deal at all costs, except working with anybody remotely to the left of her.

The idea that if Labour backed remain outright they would sweep up the 48% is laughable. I think Corbyn has got this spot on so far. The balancing act has been extraordinary, especially with the neoliberal doing all they can to undermine him. Hope has certainly returned after recently feeling a bit despondent. I think he will be the next PM. Whether he can do much to change things when the City pulls the strings we will have to see, but it is great to have hope.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Na it's a stitch up innit, all these judges are lefty remoaners and against dimocricy!
In fairness, if there is one thing I would never trust it is the British legal system! Even if I am happy with this ruling.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 12:17pm
Probably the most unpredictable next British PM odds ever.Showing the times we are in.

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:42pm
Just had a call from the electoral office asking re my availabiltiy to work should there be an election in November/December
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:10am
@dannywallace
Great call on 
@lbc
 just now.

MAN: “I just want to thank you Nigel, for all you’ve done for British politics. I was an ardent remainer. I voted remain. Until one moment that changed it all”

FARAGE: “Wow. And what was that moment?”

MAN: “I got kicked in the head by a horse.”

LOL

Here's the vid

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Geoffrey Cox decides to act upon he gave unlawful advice to Boris by returning to the Commons today and attacking the entire chamber calling them cowards and turkeys. Attack is the best form of defence I suppose.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 534>
  Share Topic