You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 534>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:14am
Tories to field a candidate in John Bercow’s constituency to try oust him from the Commons.

There’s no love lost between the 2 sides 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
Tell me one benefit to working class people of brexit.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

"Cos like, we get our blue passports and old lightbulbs back again ! It's 'triffic"

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 08 Sep 2019 at 11:24am
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:05pm

You honestly believe the EU is there for the benefit of the working class? Have you ever actually taken the time to think this issue through, or are you simply content to let others do your thinking for you and regurgitate what you've been told?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 08 Sep 2019 at 12:09pm
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:15pm
There’d be a hell of a lot more benefit in the eu for working people than a country run by hard right tories and people who think like farage.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

You honestly believe the EU is there for the benefit of the working class? Have you ever actually taken the time to think this issue through, or are you simply content to let others do your thinking for you and regurgitate what you've been told?

Things will be so much better for them under people like Mogg, Johnson and Farage of course. True men of the people.....
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

There’d be a hell of a lot more benefit in the eu for working people than a country run by hard right tories and people who think like farage.

The hard-right tories are running the country, just as they have been in 31 of the 46 years since the UK first gained EEC membership, a time in which we saw the worst excesses of Thatcherism and over a decade of austerity under Cameron/May. EU membership does not and cannot preclude very right-wing tory governments, even if they wanted to, which of course they don't.

It is left-wing governments that the EU expressly forbids. 

And Farage has run for parliament on eight separate occasions and lost every single time. He can't even become an MP let alone PM. There is very clearly no real appetite for Farage or his ilk to get close to the levers of power in Britain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:54pm

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

The hard-right tories are running the country, just as they have been in 31 of the 46 years since the UK first gained EEC membership, a time in which we saw the worst excesses of Thatcherism and over a decade of austerity under Cameron/May. EU membership does not and cannot preclude very right-wing tory governments, even if they wanted to, which of course they don't.

It is left-wing governments that the EU expressly forbids. 

And Farage has run for parliament on eight separate occasions and lost every single time. He can't even become an MP let alone PM. There is very clearly no real appetite for Farage or his ilk to get close to the levers of power in Britain.

f**king hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Things will be so much better for them under people like Mogg, Johnson and Farage of course. True men of the people.....

It may have escaped your attention but Johnson is the prime minister and Rees-Mogg is in the government. And wreaking havok. What has EU membership done to protect working people from this vicious tory government thus far? And how can things get worse?

In the EU, you're talking about an institution that happily tolerates having the far-right, semi-fascistic Visegrad states amongst their membership.

Again, it's left-wing governments the EU will not accept.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:20pm
I’d be very interested to hear your explanation how it doesn’t accept left wing Governments.

That’s a huge myth that lexiteers put forward with no foundation.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

It may have escaped your attention but Johnson is the prime minister and Rees-Mogg is in the government. And wreaking havok. What has EU membership done to protect working people from this vicious tory government thus far? And how can things get worse?

In the EU, you're talking about an institution that happily tolerates having the far-right, semi-fascistic Visegrad states amongst their membership.

Again, it's left-wing governments the EU will not accept.

Are you really that f**king naive 

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 3:51pm

It's all about immigration.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’d be very interested to hear your explanation how it doesn’t accept left wing Governments.

That’s a huge myth that lexiteers put forward with no foundation.

So would I but not only that, I would like to know exactly where in the EU treaties or directives it states this as he did say the EU expressly prohibits left wing governments.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:53am
BoJo at Government buildings today.

Can’t imagine it’s much more than a photo op.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
Looking like Boris is seeing May’s deal but with an alternative to the backstop is the only way out.

The deal him and his friends voted no 3 times before now
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:23pm
But sure there is no alternative to the backstop, so this stuff is pure fantasy. It makes no sense. Such a mental, mental situation.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:47pm
His limited comments about the backstop is that “we won’t put up a boarder(paraphrasing)”, and we want the EU to comply with that. This makes absolutely no sense.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
he's a complete and utter bluffer , varadkar did well 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 534>
  Share Topic