You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 532>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Talk of Ford pulling out of the UK in the event of no deal, around 14,000 currently employed. 
The motor industry alone could lose 70000 jobs. Mental 

its amazing how all the evidence points to a disaster and they continue on. 

If this goes no deal the people of the UK should pull westminster down , dance on the bricks and give control back to the queen , she couldn't do any worse  
Amazing alright. I’d love to see our Government chase these motor industry jobs, they’d be ideal for Wexford or Cork 
Those jobs will go to Southern or Eastern Europe for logistical and financial reasons.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Talk of Ford pulling out of the UK in the event of no deal, around 14,000 currently employed. 

If this goes no deal the people of the UK should pull westminster down , dance on the bricks and give control back to the queen , she couldn't do any worse  
Amazing alright. I’d love to see our Government chase these motor industry jobs, they’d be ideal for Wexford or Cork 
Those jobs will go to Southern or Eastern Europe for logistical and financial reasons.
I’m not in any doubt of that sadly. As you alluded to Rural Ireland will be hit hardest and these jobs would be badly needed. I’ve no doubt our own government would have any interest in chasing these jobs as they don’t fit with their grand master plan of turning every available space in Dublin into an office block or hotel 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:27am

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

This is what the clowns voted for. They deserve everything they get. 

if they were on an island unconnected to us i would say yes but unfortunately ireland gets f**ked here and dont even have the consolation of having voted to be f**ked !!

Oh I don't disagree and that's why I'm hoping there is no hard Brexit but if it does come to that, at least there is the consolation that they have voluntarily screwed themselves over
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:32am
There is a really perverse part of me that wants to see the f**kers suffer and lie in their sh*t-filled bed. Even though I know it's going to hammer us.

True colours have come out in the past number of months. They never really changed did they?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:33am

if they were on an island unconnected to us i would say yes but unfortunately ireland gets f**ked here and dont even have the consolation of having voted to be f**ked !!

Spot on Milla. A hard Brexit will give rural Ireland a hiding... the agri-food industry both north and south of the border faces ruin. Beef and dairy farmers are looking at bankruptcy in a matter of months with many generations of family businesses gone by this time next year. A hard Brexit will batter the Irish economy in a way most of us in Ireland will not have seen before.

Let us not forget the blame for this disaster will be on the Brits!

called into the local on the way home from Work on monday for a pint and the owner is also a farmer. heard him tell a few of the locals that he was at cattle auction earlier that day and 10 calves were sold for €30 each. cost ya more to rehome a dumped dog at a pound ffs! if thats the price their selling at now they will be worthless within months! 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Spot on Milla. A hard Brexit will give rural Ireland a hiding... the agri-food industry both north and south of the border faces ruin. Beef and dairy farmers are looking at bankruptcy in a matter of months with many generations of family businesses gone by this time next year. A hard Brexit will batter the Irish economy in a way most of us in Ireland will not have seen before.

Let us not forget the blame for this disaster will be on the Brits!

called into the local on the way home from Work on monday for a pint and the owner is also a farmer. heard him tell a few of the locals that he was at cattle auction earlier that day and 10 calves were sold for €30 each. cost ya more to rehome a dumped dog at a pound ffs! if thats the price their selling at now they will be worthless within months! 

That has often been the case for certain breeds ,no market for them .A mate of mine used to be involved in the marts/auctions and seen some farmers give away calves for free,handier than bringing them home ,having the cost of rearing them.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

There is a really perverse part of me that wants to see the f**kers suffer and lie in their sh*t-filled bed. Even though I know it's going to hammer us.

True colours have come out in the past number of months. They never really changed did they?

Exactly my sentiments. And no, they've haven't changed a bit. There is still the same utter contempt for Ireland or that Ireland might have it's own interests separate to the UK. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:55pm
Just seen this on the BBC website about British pensioners in Spain:

Yvonne Stone, 62, is one of the younger members of the club and tells me she voted for Brexit: "I've been here for three years and have no plans to go back to the UK - but it will depend on what happens.

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

It really does boggle the mind. She had no intention of ever returning to Britain but was still happy to feck over others for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And now that it might actually feck her over she clearly has changed her mind. Unbelievably selfish. I hope people like her get absolutely screwed to the wall. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:00pm
I think if there's a no deal, on the 30th March, Leo should send this letter to May:

Dear Britain,

F**k you.

Signed,

Ireland.

P.S. F**k you.

P.P.S. For more information, please re-read.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:03pm

Just seen this on the BBC website about British pensioners in Spain:

Yvonne Stone, 62, is one of the younger members of the club and tells me she voted for Brexit: "I've been here for three years and have no plans to go back to the UK - but it will depend on what happens.

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

It really does boggle the mind. She had no intention of ever returning to Britain but was still happy to feck over others for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And now that it might actually feck her over she clearly has changed her mind. Unbelievably selfish. I hope people like her get absolutely screwed to the wall. 

Typical Little Englander mentality.  LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think if there's a no deal, on the 30th March, Leo should send this letter to May:

Dear Britain,

F**k you.

Signed,

Ireland.

P.S. F**k you.

P.P.S. For more information, please re-read.

ClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

this would be pure heaven to watch if we weren't so tied into it 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:14pm
the best part about the crowd in spain is that they think they are a big boon to the economy , load of coffin dodgers draining resources more like , the Spanish might send them all home 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:16pm

the best part about the crowd in spain is that they think they are a big boon to the economy , load of coffin dodgers draining resources more like , the Spanish might send them all home 

Really hope the Spanish deport them. The wailing from them would be something else LOL

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Really hope the Spanish deport them. The wailing from them would be something else LOL

would be some documentary LOL

costa del sod off LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

would be some documentary LOL

costa del sod off LOL

LOLLOLClap
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:16pm
I think someone made the joke before but Channel Four could do a reverse of "A place in the sun", showing Brexit voting pensioners doing a bit of house-hunting when they come back from Spain, having been deported.

They'll be showing them round flats that haven't been renovated in fifty years with the bonus feature of being less than 50 years from a Mecca Bingo hall, and a certificate from the local council that it is now two years rat free, as they tour the delights of dilapidated austerity-ravaged Britain, all for sale for the equivalent of five years salary at the now-closed local manufacturing plant.

And if they have it in Scun-thorpe, they could even call it "A place in the scun".

Edited by SuperDave84 - 13 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think someone made the joke before but Channel Four could do a reverse of "A place in the sun", showing Brexit voting pensioners doing a bit of house-hunting when they come back from Spain, having been deported.

They'll be showing them round flats that haven't been renovated in fifty years with the bonus feature of being less than 50 years from a Mecca Bingo hall, and a certificate from the local council that it is now two years rat free, as they tour the delights of dilapidated austerity-ravaged Britain, all for sale for the equivalent of five years salary at the now-closed local manufacturing plant.

And if they have it in Scun-thorpe, they could even call it "A place in the scun".
Chris Morris is the only  man for this job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 532>
  Share Topic