You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 534>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm

JOB never holds back

He does get some absolute dinosaurs on that show.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

JOB never holds back

He does get some absolute dinosaurs on that show.
He is an absolute cretin, as is ever single person connected with LBC. That station should be a prime target if the Provos ever fancy a reunion.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:24pm
In fairness, it's an afternoon phone in show. It's unlikely to have Peter Hitchens and Richard Dawkins phoning in.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In fairness, it's an afternoon phone in show. It's unlikely to have Peter Hitchens and Richard Dawkins phoning in.
I wasn't having a go at whoever phoned in, I won't click on a link to the station, I was referring to all the presenters and the style they are expected to have. It is the worst type of tabloid radio.

Anyway, they would want a ouija board for Hitch to call in!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I wasn't having a go at whoever phoned in, I won't click on a link to the station, I was referring to all the presenters and the style they are expected to have. It is the worst type of tabloid radio.

It was his equally polarising brother. But I'd happily mess around with one of we could get Chris Hitchens back! The  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm

It was his equally polarising brother. But I'd happily mess around with one of we could get Chris Hitchens back! The  
Sorry, I only skimmed post! If every there was proof there is no god it is that the wrong Hitchens lives!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:40pm

Sorry, I only skimmed post! If every there was proof there is no god it is that the wrong Hitchens lives!

I would love to hear what he has to say about contemporary society and world affairs!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 1:27pm
250 job losses at Nissan, and that’s because of declining sales of Diesel cars - Wait til 12 months time when Brexit kicks in.

Can easily foresee Sunderland overtaking Hull as the biggest unemployment rate in the country.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 3:45pm
What's the average Joe's take on Brexit where you are Coyne?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:09pm
Not many of us are into politics. 

People voted 63% yes because it sounds good rather than think of the consequences which is pissing off the company who is single handedly keeping the regional economy alive, Nissan.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
with the situation on Brexit not really looking too positive  whatever happens, are people regretting the decision to vote yes? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:00am
I'm not getting that impression Bob and polls would back me up. 

The ordinary Joe hasn't felt the pain yet and when they do the likely reaction will be to blame the EU for their ills. Media in this country has a lot to answer for.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:09am

I would love to hear what he has to say about contemporary society and world affairs!

The smarmy prick that supported the war in Iraq? I wouldn't be too bothered by what he would have had to say and neither would I take the word so easily (Salisbury) of a Tory,the current PM who voted to go to war in Iraq. 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Apr 2018 at 8:12am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The smarmy prick that supported the war in Iraq? I wouldn't be too bothered by what he would have had to say and neither would I take the word so easily (Salisbury) of a Tory,the current PM who voted to go to war in Iraq. 

His opinions on Iraq certainly didn't align with mine. But he contributed a lot beforehand and afterwards. Being wrong on Iraq doesn't mean you're wrong on everything. Many of the political opponents of Iraq were the stopped clocks who were bound to be right given their perma-opposition to military action.

Sailsbury has been a prime example of how old opinions still live on.

Edited by Het-field - 23 Apr 2018 at 10:43am
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:20am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

His opinions on Iraq certainly didn't align with mine. But he contributed a lot beforehand and afterwards. Being wrong on Iraq doesn't mean you're wrong on everything. Many of the political opponents of Iraq were the stopped clocks who were bound to be right given their perma-opposition to military action.

Sailsbury has been a prime example of how old opinions still live on.

Iraq was a pretty big thing to be wrong on. 

It's not as if what was going to happen wasn't telegraphed from a long way out either.

It wasn't being wrong on something based on a quick, but wrong reaction to an unexpected event.

It was obvious from the latter part of 2001 on that the US was intent on manufacturing a war there and weren't goin to be put off by a tiddling little triviality such as reality.

In UK politics itself, in the last week, the major story has been the appalling treatment of the Windrush Generation. 

Theresa May has once again proved herself unfit to be Prime Minister. She created the climate of vilification of immigrants, where black British citizens were targetted and lost jobs and healthcare and in some cases their lives as a result of that vilification.

Jeremy Corbyn, as usual, was right on this, being only one of six Labour MPs to vote against her immigration bill in 2014. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:28am
It shows the madness of the British media that there has been a full scale witch-hunt of Corbyn and the Labour party for being anti-Semitic while the government has been shown to be institutionally racist. It really was a lot easier when the Tories didn't try to hide their racism.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Kate has popped another one out, on St George's Day out of all days.

The likes of Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin will be all over the news about this by 6pm this evening DeadDead
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Kate has popped another one out, on St George's Day out of all days.

The likes of Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin will be all over the news about this by 6pm this evening DeadDead

as someone wrote on twitter, "I'd love it if they called him Mohammed just to stir some sh*t with the EDL"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 534>
  Share Topic