You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 532>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:04pm
the annual handout with the boiler scheme....now they are to be trusted with an extra billion!....it defies belief that the English taxpayer lets this happen whenever,as PM has rightly pointed out(not licking your arse, or stealing your valid point) people are dying in English towerblocks for want of proper fire safety measures...what a bunch of shameless,useless spongers!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:10pm
I love how the right wing media are trying to turn Jeremy's Glasto appearance in a negative spin as it was on Armed Forces Day. You'd think these idiots would of learned by now you can't hide the truth in today's world of Social Media LOL

When actually what happened was he spent the morning visiting Servicemen then went to Glasto. 
The truth is really hurting them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Grubar Grubar wrote:

the annual handout with the boiler scheme....now they are to be trusted with an extra billion!....it defies belief that the English taxpayer lets this happen whenever,as PM has rightly pointed out(not licking your arse, or stealing your valid point) people are dying in English towerblocks for want of proper fire safety measures...what a bunch of shameless,useless spongers!
No needs for apologies and explanations, there is a lot of people wondering where this extra money has come from, especially as there are plenty of things that need it. This can't end well for May, especially as Brexit is going the way everybody expected. That is everybody except those on the right of the Tory party. She is heading for the iceberg and is merely moving the deckchairs.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:18pm
Bookies have her at 3/1 for the coalition to fall before Xmas.

Says alot really. DUP won't even get the full £1.5 billion, the first year they're getting £900 mil from it - They'll be very lucky to see a 2nd year's payment.

Edited by coyne - 27 Jun 2017 at 11:19pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I love how the right wing media are trying to turn Jeremy's Glasto appearance in a negative spin as it was on Armed Forces Day. You'd think these idiots would of learned by now you can't hide the truth in today's world of Social Media LOL

When actually what happened was he spent the morning visiting Servicemen then went to Glasto. 
The truth is really hurting them.
I think the bigger question is why Britain needs such a day at all, it smacks of Americanism and does little but demote the injured to circus freak shows wheeled out once a year. It celebrates colonialism, militarism and the worst aspects of British patriotism. It also encourages children to find this acceptable, massaging their minds to become the next generation of cannon fodder. At the main city of these events, often held near places where the current generation of cannon fodder come from,  there are plenty of exhibitions and displays of guns and missiles aimed primarily at children. It is beyond vulgar. If we saw clips of it being done by some crazed African dictator we would be outrage, when it is being done in Liverpool it is acceptable.
If they really want to do something to honour their servicemen help house the ten thousand odd who served and are now homeless.
Today's rant over.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:36pm
I don't mind Armed Forces day PM. It inspires people. 

People forget Armed Forces just isn't about grabbing a M16 and shooting Taliban. It can also be the warehousing aspect or administration aspect sat there on your computer spending hours editing databases, it makes you as nerdy as that new fella from the Crystal Maze but it's still the Armed Forces nonetheless.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:09am

People forget Armed Forces just isn't about grabbing a M16 and shooting Taliban. It can also be the warehousing aspect or administration aspect sat there on your computer spending hours editing databases, it makes you as nerdy as that new fella from the Crystal Maze but it's still the Armed Forces nonetheless.
It inspires people in the worst way possible, it is lcd patriotism. There is extraordinarily little that the forces actually do for the benefit of the country, yet to say so suggests you agreed completely with the lads who slashed Lee Rigby. The vast majority of things that secure Britain are done by police, as much as I am loath to admit it, and intelligence. All this is PR for mass murder and recruitment of vulnerable children.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:17am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It inspires people in the worst way possible, it is lcd patriotism. There is extraordinarily little that the forces actually do for the benefit of the country, yet to say so suggests you agreed completely with the lads who slashed Lee Rigby. The vast majority of things that secure Britain are done by police, as much as I am loath to admit it, and intelligence. All this is PR for mass murder and recruitment of vulnerable children.

What LOL

Put your prozac's down and re-read what I said. I wish I could give a statistic on it but a very lot of people join them for the free A-Levels on offer then simply discharge back into the free world.

3 year's of Uni fees you don't have to pay, £27,000 saved already. Then you're on the basic salary of £14,500 for 3 years, that's over £50,000 worth of qualifications and you can simply do one but an A-Level to your name in whatever field you chose.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:20am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What LOL

Put your prozac's down and re-read what I said. I wish I could give a statistic on it but a very lot of people join them for the free A-Levels on offer then simply discharge back into the free world.

3 year's of Uni fees you don't have to pay, £27,000 saved already. Then you're on the basic salary of £14,500 for 3 years, that's over £50,000 worth of qualifications and you can simply do one but an A-Level to your name in whatever field you chose.
What are you on about? I have in no way criticised any individual who joined the army and the comparison I made was no reflection on you but a large section of British society in general, you have gone off on two tangents completely unrelated to anything I have said.
I'd say pick the prozac up an reread it.

P.S Can you get any?LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:24am

Bookies have her at 3/1 for the coalition to fall before Xmas.

Says alot really. DUP won't even get the full £1.5 billion, the first year they're getting £900 mil from it - They'll be very lucky to see a 2nd year's payment.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ie/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

All hail the alot. A lot.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:28am
How's it unrelated if I just explained to you why Armed Forces day is a good thing.
It's a great route to go if you're 18 and your career prospects are as grim as Jon Venables' 

Or are you just being an idiot for no reason at all here?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:40am

How's it unrelated if I just explained to you why Armed Forces day is a good thing.
It's a great route to go if you're 18 and your career prospects are as grim as Jon Venables' 

Or are you just being an idiot for no reason at all here?
And that isn't my issue, I understand individuals will join the army, it doesn't make it right to leave it as the only alternative to a life packing shelves in Asda.
Armed Forces Day is about everything I listed above; cheap patriotism, neo-colonialism and justifying the actions of the Armed Forces as heroes when more often than not they are the actions of thugs, something regularly brushed under the carpet.Recruitment is only a small part of the day and is is more planting seeds in children of the 'coolness' of weapons, and anyway, individual choice is not my issue; it is the lack of choice. I can't really explain it much clearer.

You also didn't explain how AFD is a good thing at all, you explained why joining the army is a decent option for people with few others, something we agree on and possibly agree on the faults of that situation.

That is a great  blog SuperDave!

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Jun 2017 at 12:46am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 12:57am
Most of what you described is mostly what you see Remembrance Day though alongside the annual James McClean bashing week.

AFD doesn't really promote that, it's just a bunch of shows across the country acting as life sized billboards looking how 'cool' we are hoping some of the young'uns sign up. I don't see the problem tbh.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:11am

Most of what you described is mostly what you see Remembrance Day though alongside the annual James McClean bashing week.

AFD doesn't really promote that, it's just a bunch of shows across the country acting as life sized billboards looking how 'cool' we are hoping some of the young'uns sign up. I don't see the problem tbh.
Which is another sh*tfest. AFD is essentially PR, particularly for children, so they grow up seeing the institution as infallible, which in itself is extremely questionable. As I have said, it is little more than an opportunity to wheel out the injured and forgotten like circus freaks, celebrate lcd patriotism and neo-colonialism and to ask questions is to be frowned upon. It is all very Orwellian and similar to Remambrance Day, a day which has become militarised, completely losing its original purpose.
It is an amazing coincidence that this sh*tfest began in '06 when the public's trust in how the army was used was at an all time low.

While the AFD is obviously there, partly at least, to encourage recruitment it is only a small part of it and people joined the army before it and would do so without it. It is a separate argument, although there is no question that there are tenable links, the state needs  a public who have an unquestionable faith in the army to encourage people to join. It is still, by and large, a separate debate to the one I made, which is largely about how the state is creating this culture, in what I would consider a manner more befitting of a small African dictatorship.
It is also worth noting that an internet search for the cost of AFD brings up no relevant results. I am certain it could pay for a bed or two for some of the ten thousand ex-service men and women sleeping rough.

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Jun 2017 at 1:12am
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:07am

How in the name a Jesus can any rational person think that is a 'good thing' ?
@AntrimMan85
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:21am
There is actually a day called Armed Forces Day? FFS LOL

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:24am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

If I told you the answer, we'd be going in the circles so I'll let you guess the answer!

And I would hardlys call driving about in a Quad Bike as promoting mass murder like at the 1 I watched in S Shields, though people complain at owt these days
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 9:27am

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

If I told you the answer, we'd be going in the circles so I'll let you guess the answer!

And I would hardlys call driving about in a Quad Bike as promoting mass murder like at the 1 I watched in S Shields, though people complain at owt these days

FFS Confused

Leave it there so.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256 532>
  Share Topic