You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 534>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 3:07am
Joking aside, Lord Buckethead has genuinely got a broader range of policies than the DUP, and I don't disagree with any of them. There will be lads in the actual government looking at the nuclear submarine one going '' I wonder if we could get away with.........''

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 4:53am
Haha Deise. I'm not gonna sit here and say "I told you so" because the evidence was quite obvious.

The big giveaway for me was the Welsh constituency poll - Every media outlet started using the headline "Tories to become biggest party in Wales" and after checking the polls.. They sampled just only 2000 people LOL

The Labour party has always been identified itself for the working class but they've successfully given themselves a new image as a party for the young voter - Whether you voted remain or leave is completely irrelevant - They've monopolised themselves as the party for the 18-30 age group. The 30-60 age group is still neck and neck whilst the OAP age group is dominated by the Tories, despite the pledges of dementia tax and winter fuel allowance scrapping.

The downside of that is, it's all good and cheery hearing you're dishing out free tuition fees etc but you're not going to convince anyone in Scotland with that.. Because Scotland does free tuition anyways LOL
Which was the only thing Corbyn failed on - Scottish Tories offered the exact same manifesto as the English Tories but without the winter fuel allowance scrap - Corbyn needs his own carrot on a stick to bait the Scottish voters in next time.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:02am
What's wrong with single issue candidates? Clifford T Reid single handedly stopped the paedophiles iirc.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 8:43am
the one good thing about the DUP propping up the tories is that the brits will finally seem what a bunch of fruitcake 6 finger bigots they are. every news report is currently fascinated will these loonies...  
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The beautiful missing story of the day was Labour winning Kensington, home of the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail has a far left wing MP in their constituency, it's as good as Nick Clegg being voted out by the students. 

It is certainly one of the major "capture the flag" victories of the election. But I think this is something which Labour strategists will need to dig deeper into before defaulting to a belief that Kensington has turned Labour. This heavily Tory leaning constituency has more than likely voted this way for reasons other than Labour, Corbyn, or the manifesto. The former incumbent was a strong Brexit advocate, in a stronger remain constituency. Alternatively, it was a strong rebuke of May for a poor campaign, and a collective of dissenting votes, in combination with a sharp rise for the Liberal Democrats created this outcome.

I feel that Labour will need to ascertain which seats were a products of the Corbyn factor and the manifesto, which were the ex-UKIP protest voters who are effectively swing voters, and which were protest votes at the Tory campaign and previous policy decisions in the constituency.

BTW, this is not to p*** on anybody's cornflakes.

*and my sincerest apologies to Denis Irwin for doubting your rumour on this on Thursday night. Well spotted!

Edited by Het-field - 10 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

the one good thing about the DUP propping up the tories is that the brits will finally seem what a bunch of fruitcake 6 finger bigots they are. every news report is currently fascinated will these loonies...  

Yep.

The DUP will be exposed for what they are. This will further Irish Unity too because the majority of the Brits will not want to be associated with these dinosaurs.

It will be interesting to see the mud thrown at the DUP over the coming weeks.

Fun times.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Yep.

The DUP will be exposed for what they are. This will further Irish Unity too because the majority of the Brits will not want to be associated with these dinosaurs.

It will be interesting to see the mud thrown at the DUP over the coming weeks.

Fun times.

I'm not so sure. One thing is they have her by the short and curlies. They don't give a crap about the NHS, new runways or kids meals. It's all about strengthen their own grip up home, and putting the shinners in their place (how they see it).

It's a perfect storm for them. I'm fearful of the influence they'll have and ram it down our throats.

Sooner it's breaks up the better imo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:51am
@TelegraphSport

DUP to insist Team GB is renamed Team UK as part of coalition deal with Conservatives

Arlene and Nigel focusing on the Important issues
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@TelegraphSport

DUP to insist Team GB is renamed Team UK as part of coalition deal with Conservatives

supposedly asking for an increase in abortion limits uk wide as part of a deal. this wont pass. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 12:25pm

From 1996

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/mccrea-defends-show-of-support-for-wright-1.83433

Strange how certain sections of the British media aren't bringing this up 🤔
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:03pm
Also doing the rounds is the support for John McMichaels too.

All this dirt being digged up from the past
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm

PM will be all over your 2nd line now LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

PM will be all over your 2nd line now LOL
spectacular grammar
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:34pm
He'll digged you out for that, make no mistake

Edited by Het-field - 10 Jun 2017 at 1:39pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:34pm
May told to sack her two main advisors who've been with her years before she became PM or there'll be a leadership challenge next Monday. Both have 'resigned' within an hour.

She's got the backbone and principles of a jellyfish.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:39pm
Still won't last 6 months

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@TelegraphSport

What?!

That can't be real
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 2:23pm
6 month? I'll give it 1 month.

Boris has been snooping around asking MPs who would support him. He smells blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 534>
  Share Topic