You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 531>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Politics Thread
    Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:04pm
Cameron chickening out of a head to head debate with Miliband and says he will only take part in one deabte involving at least 7 party leaders

Edited by Denis Irwin - 06 May 2016 at 9:25am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 12:27pm
good man denis I was going to start a thread on this.

It'll be a fascinating contest with the polls showing a hung parliament. Labour siding with the Tories during the Scottish referendum looks like being their death knell in Scotland. It would be an incredible turnaround if having lost the independence referendum in Scotland the SNP end up the ones holding the keys of power in Westminster. Imagine Alex Salmond as deputy Prime Minister. ..It'll freak the English out

The Lord Ashcroft poll released last night makes grim reading for Scottish Labour. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/03/new-ashcroft-polls-labour-be-wiped-out-scotland-and-lose-gordon-brown-s-seat

UKIP as well look like fading but as they were only going to get a few seats I dont get why all the hullaballo surrounding them.

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 12:43pm
The SNP could very well end up in coalition but how could they justify going into government? They are meant to be a party for Scotland and Scotland alone but if they go into government they will have to implement policies that benefit the UK as a whole, not just Scotland. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

The SNP could very well end up in coalition but how could they justify going into government? They are meant to be a party for Scotland and Scotland alone but if they go into government they will have to implement policies that benefit the UK as a whole, not just Scotland. 

Max Devolution would be certainly a deal breaker for them. Would lead eventually to another referendum in about 10 years or so and will pass IMO.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 12:58pm
Also hope that odious f**ker Jim Murphy loses his seat in Scotland

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:01pm
They could support a minority government in that case. I dont see how they could have any mandate to enter a coalition. The people in the rest of the UK would rightly be worried that their interests will not be looked after and the people in Scotland will expect the SNP to legislate in Scotland's favour, even if it is against the interests of the rest of the UK
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:01pm
I jest about Alex Salmond becoming Deputy Prime Minister. Their stance is they would support Labour on a case by case basis but would not form a government as is currently the case with Conservatives and Lib Dems. They have previously said they would only vote on matters that affect Scotland. I don't know if that stance will change if they do a deal with Labour.

The fact is the current polls are showing the Tories will be unable to form a government. The SNP have ruled out dealing with them and with the lib dems likely to take a battering there won't be enough seats from the other parties *e.g. the DUP) which would allow the Tories to form a government.

By the way Question Time is coming from Glasgow tonight. It promises to be a lively debate.

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Mar 2015 at 1:07pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I jest about Alex Salmond becoming Deputy Prime Minister. Their stance is they would support Labour on a case by case basis but would not form a government as is currently the case with Conservatives and Lib Dems. They have previously said they would only vote on matters that affect Scotland. I don't know if that stance would change if they do a deal with Labour.

The fact is the current polls are showing the Tories will be unable to form a government. The SNP have ruled out dealing with them and with the lib dems likely to take a battering there won't be enough seats from the other parties *e.g. the DUP) which would allow the Tories to form a government.

By the way Question Time is coming from Glasgow tonight. It promises to be a lively debate.

Hasn't Alex Salmond stepped down from SNP following the independence vote loss?

Sometime in January Sky predicted it'll be a Labour/SNP Coalition.. I can see how as the independence voters will have a massive effect, still reckon it'll be a Labour/UKIP coalition.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:05pm
Either vote for the cut mad Tories or the spend mad Labour. If they just vote in someone that'll balance the books, they'll be fine.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I jest about Alex Salmond becoming Deputy Prime Minister. Their stance is they would support Labour on a case by case basis but would not form a government as is currently the case with Conservatives and Lib Dems. They have previously said they would only vote on matters that affect Scotland. I don't know if that stance would change if they do a deal with Labour.

Hasn't Alex Salmond stepped down from SNP following the independence vote loss?

Sometime in January Sky predicted it'll be a Labour/SNP Coalition.. I can see how as the independence voters will have a massive effect, still reckon it'll be a Labour/UKIP coalition.
he stepped down as leader of the party but is running in the Gordon constituency as an MP.

If the polls are right it'll be the only option (apart from a labour/tory grand coalition which has happened in the distant past) to form a government.

It's not just independence voters that are voting snp it's also an awful lot former labour voters who are sick in the stomach that their party sided with the hated tories during the referendum.

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Mar 2015 at 1:13pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:07pm
lib dems will be hammered id say , they should never have let the tories in 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

lib dems will be hammered id say , they should never have let the tories in 

Yep especially in Scotland along with Labour. Lib Dems will get a hiding for putting the tories back in and Labour for actively campaigning with the Tories during the referendum and then partying with them as the results were being announced

Bennett View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:36am
Miliband looks and acts like a character created by Harry Enfield at his peak. I also have a suspicion that back in the day Luis Van Gaal porked a Greek kebab shop worker and Miliband is the bastard son. He is a grade A mong. Cameron is just a ****.

Edited by Bennett - 06 Mar 2015 at 3:37am
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 10:19am
I would rather Cameron over Milliband. Although it is like choosing Hepatitis over Aids.

The only hope Labour have is returning to their roots to ensure they clean up North of the Watford Gap and somehow turning Scotland around. Its a massive ask though but i am sure they have a few things up their sleeve. 

Its all nonsense anyway. Te UK and Ireland have some of the least inspiring politicians known to humanity

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 10:28am
It'll be the 92 election all over again in the sense that it 's an election that by all rights the Tories should lose but won't because Labour have an unelectable leader

BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 11:05am
Conservatives have been good at winning FDI that might otherwise have gone to Ireland so would be nice for us if Labour got back in and brought back in much higher taxes on high earners/companies.

Would also likely be better for about 80% of the British population who aren't private school educated high earners so its a Win-Win
Team Emmet
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 11:39am
I would rather Cameron over Milliband. Although it is like choosing Hepatitis over Aids. LOL
Great line but you're wrong I believe.  As bad a Miliband is (how his brother didn't win the leadership race I will never know!) the tories are the greatest scum this planet has seen since the Nazi's!  Stripping away the NHS and selling chunks to their friends to effectively privatise it is bad enough but it is now as clear as the nose on your face it is infested with paedophile's who have covered their tracks and protected themselves for years.  Hague was quickly shifted last year and is "retiring" from politics because he closed an inquiry into abuse in Wales when he was the minister because it was tory MP's doing it.  Google the Elm Guest House and read some of the stuff that went on. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 11:56am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

I would rather Cameron over Milliband. Although it is like choosing Hepatitis over Aids. LOL
Great line but you're wrong I believe.  As bad a Miliband is (how his brother didn't win the leadership race I will never know!) the tories are the greatest scum this planet has seen since the Nazi's!  Stripping away the NHS and selling chunks to their friends to effectively privatise it is bad enough but it is now as clear as the nose on your face it is infested with paedophile's who have covered their tracks and protected themselves for years.  Hague was quickly shifted last year and is "retiring" from politics because he closed an inquiry into abuse in Wales when he was the minister because it was tory MP's doing it.  Google the Elm Guest House and read some of the stuff that went on

Was on Ross Kemp on Gangs last night funnily enough.

As much of a spoofer Miliband is they've picked on the vulnerable and welfare far too much its unforgivable.. The latest proposal was that you can't sign on the dole until you're 21 and you must do unpaid work until then, whereas it would just make logical sense to pay the people doing the work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 531>
  Share Topic