You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 532>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

cummings testimony is devastating. i hope he has the goods to back up his allegations and if he does then hancock is f**ked.

It’s the allegation where he claims that Boris wanted to be injected with COVID live on TV which had me laughing LOL

Despite being a slimy weasel he seems to have a massive guilty conscience over the preparations 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 5:00pm
"Half of No.10 is debating whether to bomb Iraq, the other half is debating rules of quarantining, meanwhile Carrie Symonds is more bothered about a story written by The Times about her dog"

LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:26am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 1:58pm
Perhaps there is life in the old dog yet. The Liberal Democrats recorded a resounding by-election win in Amersham, with a huge swing away from the Tories. More misery also heaped on Labour as they appear to have ended up in fourth place with a three figure vote count, and almost 1k votes behind the Greens, and only 200 more than the Reform Party.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Perhaps there is life in the old dog yet. The Liberal Democrats recorded a resounding by-election win in Amersham, with a huge swing away from the Tories. More misery also heaped on Labour as they appear to have ended up in fourth place with a three figure vote count, and almost 1k votes behind the Greens, and only 200 more than the Reform Party.

ah this is tory heartland. the labour party never do well here. 

what is significant though is the gradual move of tory voters to lib dems. this is a process that started a couple of years ago, appeared during the recent local elections and again last night manifesting in a massive swing. 

some political guru's are theorising the voters in the safe blue seats are unhappy with the way brexit has gone and the constant pandering to the new blue wall seats in the north of england. one to watch.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:23pm
Agree that its not a strong constituency for Labour, but it seems that they got just over 1.5%. It just a little indicative of how poorly they are currently thought of.

But that's as an aside, as like you say its a shift, and a massive one of tory voters towards the LDs. There are certainly a few types of Brexiteer, and you won't be able to keep all of them happy. As a result, it is potentially just another moment of the Tories abandoning London.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 9:38am
A slight bit of relief for Keir Starmer, as Labour held the seat in Batley and Spen last night by a small margin. Galloway undoubtedly shaved a large portion of their vote with his usual mantra, but at least he was neither elected, nor did it re-direct sufficient votes to take the seat from Labour. Plenty of disgruntled ex-Labour knocking around with him, which is interesting to see, as it is clear that Galloway's involvement in the election would have an impact on the Labour vote (in other constituencies it might have only required the winning of a few hundred votes to swing it), and the Tories would have taken the seat.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 1:08pm
Galloway is just a wrecker with a monstrous ego. He has already been making Trump-like noises about the legitimacy of the election result and there can be no doubt that he will continue to stalk Labour candidates with a view to denying them seats. The Tories must love him. They came within a few hundred votes of sneaking this one thanks to the intervention of this monomaniac.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 1:45pm
Its extraordinary, because I have always struggled to subscribe to the 'horseshoe theory' which seems just way to simplistic for it to be anything more that just pseudo-political science. But since 2016 we have seen more and more of this style of politics where there is a war between what left wing politics stands for, and this started when self proclaimed left wingers willingly laid down their arms to Trump, or Brexit (and the Brexit Party) in order to create change within their own movement. This harebrained strategy is not only beneficial to the status quo, but it is putting a very nasty type of 'conservative' into power, and speaks to a preference to power at the micro level, and fighting an ideological war with people you have much more in common with, than those you have nothing in common with. Social media made clear that Galloway's support was heavily representative of those who were open to Labour when the last administration was in charge, but afterwards that was no longer in line with their ideology so they left, and are now involved in vote splitting politics, which is going to keep Conservatives in power. Of course, that is until they figure out that 'they are as bad as each other' is a ridiculous mantra when discussing Labour and the Tories.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 10:22am
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 2:28am
the sh*t is beginning to hit the fan big time over here with the supply chain crumbling.

in london i passed four petrol stations today, three of which were completely out of fuel. in addition 2 motorway services were out of juice. its way way worse in scotland. last weekend i was boozing in a very busy city centre pub up there. half the taps were off due to a lack of deliveries. the bar man said they've had 3 deliveries in 12 weeks and last weekend the pub had no choice but to send for a taxi to deliver spirits to them.

things are snowballing over here. i honestly can't believe what i'm seeing.

Edited by colemanY2K - 26 Sep 2021 at 2:29am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 7:33am
  "Brexit has many downsides but I think it will be nice for the Irish to watch a British famine."

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:46am

the sh*t is beginning to hit the fan big time over here with the supply chain crumbling.

in london i passed four petrol stations today, three of which were completely out of fuel. in addition 2 motorway services were out of juice. its way way worse in scotland. last weekend i was boozing in a very busy city centre pub up there. half the taps were off due to a lack of deliveries. the bar man said they've had 3 deliveries in 12 weeks and last weekend the pub had no choice but to send for a taxi to deliver spirits to them.

Should I bring sandwiches on Tuesday ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

"Brexit has many downsides but I think it will be nice for the Irish to watch a British famine."

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 11:01am

Frankie LOL

You have to admit there's a certain amount of irony seeing shortages in the UK after Priti Patel suggested Britain should restrict the flow of food to Ireland in order to force us to lean on the EU to give the Brits a favourable brexit deal. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Should I bring sandwiches on Tuesday ?

Aye, double up what you normally bring LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 11:27am

Frankie LOL

You have to admit there's a certain amount of irony seeing shortages in the UK after Priti Patel suggested Britain should restrict the flow of food to Ireland in order to force us to lean on the EU to give the Brits a favourable brexit deal. 

If only they had enough Chickens to roost...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:52pm
Horrendous news about David Amess MP. Unbelievably sad for his family. RIP.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 532>
  Share Topic