You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 532>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:28pm
This feels odd, fitting given the times we're in....But Coyner is 100% correct on those last few posts. Away for a drink here.....
@AntrimMan85
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:30pm
He is the antithesis of a man in a suit. He is a man in in a t-shirt , a beanie hat and a pair of builder's jeans who postures as a thinking outside-the-box genius outsider to whom normal rules do not apply. So easy then to disregard Government restrictions aimed at saving lives. I'm not normally a betting man but if I were I'd wager that he will be fatally damaged as a result of this and exit the stage. If he does, I would not anticipate Bojo lasting the full 5 year term or anywhere near it. We are living in interesting times.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

This feels odd, fitting given the times we're in....But Coyner is 100% correct on those last few posts. Away for a drink here.....

You know what’s worse than an idiot? An idiot with a brain like myself LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

He is the antithesis of a man in a suit. He is a man in in a t-shirt , a beanie hat and a pair of builder's jeans who postures as a thinking outside-the-box genius outsider to whom normal rules do not apply. So easy then to disregard Government restrictions aimed at saving lives. I'm not normally a betting man but if I were I'd wager that he will be fatally damaged as a result of this and exit the stage. If he does, I would not anticipate Bojo lasting the full 5 year term or anywhere near it. We are living in interesting times.
The Tories are a kleptocracy and an aspiring autocracy. Stories like this actually benefit them because flaunting impunity is the point - that's what autocracies do to cement rule.

Shamelessness is the point. If you feel no shame, how can you be damaged? You just brazen it out.

Look at Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Orban, Netanyahu, Erdogan, Modi, Bin Salman, Duterte.

That's their model.

Lie early, lie often, lie always.

Edited by sid waddell - 23 May 2020 at 11:04pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:31pm
No argument with that analysis , Sid. On the bullseye, so to speak. But there comes a time for all of these jokers. The clock is ticking for Trump and Bolsinaro in particular given the scale of the carnage that they have inflicted on their own people and the combustible nature of current opinion. The UK has been similarly trashed by the incompetence and arrogance of clowns. I know no better than anyone else what is coming down the line but my inclination is towards optimism. That''s not to say that the Tories will wreck the UK first- I believe they will do some shocking damage before they are ousted-but I am thinking long term.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:55pm

No argument with that analysis , Sid. On the bullseye, so to speak. But there comes a time for all of these jokers. The clock is ticking for Trump and Bolsinaro in particular given the scale of the carnage that they have inflicted on their own people and the combustible nature of current opinion. The UK has been similarly trashed by the incompetence and arrogance of clowns. I know no better than anyone else what is coming down the line but my inclination is towards optimism. That''s not to say that the Tories will wreck the UK first- I believe they will do some shocking damage before they are ousted-but I am thinking long term.
Well the Tories are in until 2024 anyway. Trump will "win" because the election in November will be fixed so he "wins". 

Bolsonaro will probably lose in 2022 (he should be impeached now, Dilma was impeached for far, far less) but Sergio Moro who was in his cabinet up until a few weeks ago and is corrupt as fook himself will likely win.

I expect the Tory media will come out with some distraction of story to try and change the script tomorrow. 

At best, Cummings will disappear into the background for a short while. 

When you have a compliant tabloid media, you have a way to fight back. The Tories have the Telegraph, The Sun, the Mail, the Express, the Times, the Spectator, Guido Fawkes,  the execrable Spiked Online and Laura Kuennsberg and other compliant lickarses of political "access journalists" (ie. mouthpieces for Cummings) to bat for them. 

Wasn't it announced that Cummings was no longer advising the Tories back before the election, but he was still doing so all the time?

I'm sure I haven't dreamed that up.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:11am
The Tories are not necessarily guaranteed a full term the way things are going. Cummings may well go for his tea and Starmer is looking like the next PM. Trump will not be any more able to stem the tide that is coming his way than King Canute. Or Lear. Bolsonaro is f**ked. The Tory media is formidable but does not suffer fools gladly. Murdoch has reputedly already given up on Bojo whom he regards as a clown and wants him out, sooner the better. Watch this space, as the papers say.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:25am

The Tories are not necessarily guaranteed a full term the way things are going.

Who's going to replace them exactly? They've not had an opposition for 9 years and still don't.

Talk of ousting them is nothing but pure fantasy talk, Labour have so many problems in their ranks that it's going to take 2 campaigns to clean up, you don't get a 160 seat swing in 1 term, you don't just replace someone and all of their problems go away, Starmer replaced Corbyn during a pandemic, their problems will most certainly re-surface when there's less important things going on.

Cummings has a habit of exploiting people's circumstances and using bait tactics to influence their minds - There's a reason why a constituency like Blyth with 55% unemployment voted Tory.
There's a reason why we're still waiting for this £350 million a week to the NHS 

In other words when the inevitable tax rises come for the working class to pay for the cost of pandemic, it'll be in the 2nd term - But it will kept quiet until the moment - in order to secure the seats gained in 2019.

Unless COVID19 comes back and finishes them off I am 99% sure Boris and Cummings will be around until 2029 and then hopefully we might have a credible opposition and the collateral damage from paying for the pandemic will be too much.

For now however, they will stay well away from the media, finally take their own advice and isolate for a few weeks and keep sending out their yes-men to answer the daily questions for them until the latest round of restrictions are relaxed and all is forgotten about.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:34am

The Tories are not necessarily guaranteed a full term the way things are going. Cummings may well go for his tea and Starmer is looking like the next PM. Trump will not be any more able to stem the tide that is coming his way than King Canute. Or Lear. Bolsonaro is f**ked. The Tory media is formidable but does not suffer fools gladly. Murdoch has reputedly already given up on Bojo whom he regards as a clown and wants him out, sooner the better. Watch this space, as the papers say.
I highly doubt Murdoch will be giving up on anything soon (hopefully life, we can but hope). He wants as hard a Brexit as possible. Cummings is Johnson's Bannon. He's a burn down the state nihilist. The Tory media will fight like dogs for Cummings. He's their guy. It's him that's driving the burn down the state, hard Brexit insanity. 

Re Trump, never underestimate a fascist's will to stay in power. Biden is not that far ahead in the swing states and industrial scale voter suppression and vote falsification are very likely. The US voting infrastructure is wide open for hacking and has been designed that way. Look with your own eyes. The Republicans are openly inviting Russian interference and hacking. And they'll no doubt have plenty of their own people to help it along.

I used to believe Trump won the swing states legitimately in 2016. I used to believe Bush won Ohio legitimately in 2004. I've read enough lately (from reputable sources) that I no longer believe either of these things. 

The HBO documentary "Kill Chain - The Cyber War on America's Elections" is terrifying.

Edited by sid waddell - 24 May 2020 at 12:34am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:34pm
Someone has set up a projector outside Cummings’ house and has Boris’ lockdown speech on repeat LOL

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 4:21pm
Boris has uncharacteristically decided to grow a pair and do today's presser. 

Get the popcorn ready.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:09pm
It's exactly as I predicted. 

But it wasn't difficult to predict.

Impunity flaunted, shameless arrogance.

Read up on the history of authoritarianism because all current day fascist charlatans, including Johnson, are following its playbook. 

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:29pm
For f**k sake the uk papers and our own love a witch hunt. Boris is a f*cking clown but he's got more important things to be focusing on than being asked constantly about cummings. Embarrassingly repetitive 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

For f**k sake the uk papers and our own love a witch hunt. Boris is a f*cking clown but he's got more important things to be focusing on than being asked constantly about cummings. Embarrassingly repetitive 
If your aim was to spectacularly miss the point, you have been successful.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

What's more important than the person who wrote the lockdown rules breaking his own rules ffs LOL

Might aswell just open the gyms and bars back up from Tuesday because it's pretty much the life they've been living while we're told not to.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:44am
James O'Brien on LBC at 10.00 this morning.

Freeview 732/732

Sky 124.

I wonder what they will be talking about?

😂😂😂
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:01pm
Piers Morgan and Owen Jones broadly agreement on something. I never expected to type those words. 2020 has indeed been odd. But Cummings has that impact, I suppose.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:40pm
Cummings public statement at 16.00

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 532>
  Share Topic