You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 532>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:37am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:52am

LOL

It gets better 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:00am
This other Tweet from him has not aged well...

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:36am
There are some awful idiots about. There was an idiot caller( is there ever any other kind ?) on LBC the other week, she said she didn’t vote for Corbyn as he wanted to abolish food banks and she was reliant on them.

We can laugh at the idiocy, but these people have been deliberately fed all this tripe.

Edited by pre Madonna - 14 Feb 2020 at 11:37am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There are some awful idiots about. There was an idiot caller( is there ever any other kind ?) on LBC the other week, she said she didn’t vote for Corbyn as he wanted to abolish food banks and she was reliant on them.

We can laugh at the idiocy, but these people have been deliberately fed all this tripe.

Food banks in the UK providing tripe for their clients.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL
I'd say that old adage should be hitting home with that idiot now - 'be careful what you wish for'. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 4:00pm
All this talk about a bridge and they have no motorway to Derry. Ever see the map of Northern Ireland's railway? All the stops are unionist towns.

Edited by Jackal - 16 Feb 2020 at 4:00pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 7:49pm
That's not true, there's a stop in Lurgan.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Newry
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:28am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/02/20/brexit-britain-true-heir-ancient-greece-just-ask-elgin-marbles/

LOL

They are f**king  bonkers

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Feb 2020 at 9:29am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:28am
2020 budget day, expect alot of small presents all because of the virus - Sick pay is going up which was announced last week for example.

Otherwise we would of seen why Javvid decided to walk
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:37pm
Nissan shutting down temporarily from today - Deep cleaning and parts shortage, literally everyone is going home without pay.

A little taster for the people who voted for Brexit to see how we'd cope for a few months never mind permanently if we don't get a trade deal with the EU.

Edited by coyne - 17 Mar 2020 at 3:37pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:48am
Starmer elected with overwhelming support.

Easily a superior politician to BoJo, and I suspect will quickly get the better of him, particularly when we return to normal time and more bread and butter issues come to the top of the agenda again.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:57am
I will give him six months and try to give him a chance, but it feels like a return to centrism with a man with even less of a personality than Blair. He may be better than the latter, but so was John Major. It’s hardly lifted the mood of most Labour members and supporters I know, but who knows! Maybe there’s hope!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:17pm
I’d agree that it’s not a particularly inspiring choice. But whoever Labour got this time wasn’t likely to do much for inspiration. It was a poor slate of candidates, but Starmer was miles ahead of anybody else in the race, and I think will be the right choice. 

I’d actually be more excited by Rayner’s election as deputy leader. She is a very focussed politician, and has the capacity to be an excellent leader in the future.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’d agree that it’s not a particularly inspiring choice. But whoever Labour got this time wasn’t likely to do much for inspiration. It was a poor slate of candidates, but Starmer was miles ahead of anybody else in the race, and I think will be the right choice. 

I’d actually be more excited by Rayner’s election as deputy leader. She is a very focussed politician, and has the capacity to be an excellent leader in the future.
I like Rayner, though I voted for Burgon.

Starmer is capable in that he is a bland member of the political class. He will not speak to the currently safe Labour strongholds and their emigrant family history or to the old industrial heartlands that have been lost. He will pick up some Liberal voters and 'remainers', but he was more than partly responsible for the disastrous electoral policy on Brexit in the last election. I could see the logic at the time, it may well have won him a debate at the Oxford Union, but it meant in what was seen as a single issue election, Labour was seen as a remain party by leavers and a leave party by remainers. 
He has been rewarded for this by becoming the leader of the party. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 532>
  Share Topic