You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414415416417418 532>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:10pm
Imagine witnessing the amazing craic between JRM and our Lizzy
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Boris will surely have to resign next week if the Supreme Court rules against him. You can't be lying to the Queen Big smile

I'd love to see the hardcore flag waving Brexiteers turn on the Queen. Be great craic. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:14pm
N
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Imagine witnessing the amazing craic between JRM and our Lizzy
The head of a protestant church and a right-wing catholic nutjob! 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:26pm
But how can Boris said to have lied to her if Rees Mogg delivered the request?  Why didn't Boris himself go?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

But how can Boris said to have lied to her if Rees Mogg delivered the request?  Why didn't Boris himself go?
Boris went in person to Buckingham Palace

Rees Mogg went on a separate trip to Scotland for other reasons and it was a few days / couple of weeks later I believe

Edited by Fitzinho - 11 Sep 2019 at 2:39pm
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Must anticipation for Netflix rush releasing "The Crown 2019" series.. LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:07pm
If I were Jeremy I'd make doing all live debates as a prerequisite for an election to happen as Jeremy Paxman would grill Boris more than a George Foreman
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:10pm
The explanation for the outcome in Miller II last week makes interesting reasoning, especially given the non justiciable matters involved. It will be something of a legal ding-dong next week when the cases end up in the SC. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:19pm

The Court found Boris lied to the Queen. Let that sink in LOL

What did he tell her?  Why was it a lie?   The British system is as mad as a box of frogs.  On a serious learning curve here.

Basically he lied to her about the reasons why he needed to porogue parliament. Parliament cannot be porogued without the monarchs consent. 

What did he say?  But this is just British ceremonial bullsh*t no?  She would never say ''on yer bike Boris'' no matter what he said. 

Words I have learned in 2019:  ''prorogue''

Mick McCarthy has today prorogued the EIRE team for 5 weeks.

He told herself that he needed to porogue parliament in order to bring forward a new legislative program. The highest court in Scotland found this to be untrue and that the Queen acted unlawfully based on this untruth. The real reason the court found was to stymy parliamentary scrutiny with regards to brexit.

As you can imagine betty will not be best pleased to have been put in this position. 

If the Supreme Court in London agrees with the court in Scotland then parliament will have to be reopened. If the supreme Court disagrees with the highest court in Scotland then its a gift for Scottish nationalists to bleet on about the supreme court of the UK actually being an English supreme court which trumps Scottish law. 

All in all a fine mess. 

I'm confused Ted.  Is there a difference between the legal system in Scotland and England? I thought its was all the same UK legal system?

Also why did Rees Mogg have to go to Scotland to visit the Queen? Could he not have met her in Windsor or Buckingham Palace?  I thought Boris never met her?

Also wasn't it well known he was abandoning parliament so that he could force through his kamikaze plan and waste time for the opposition?  Why is this such a surprise to the court?  I thought he was entitled to do it simply because he is the PM and can do it for any reason he likes?

So much pomp to goings on over there.
Scotland has guilty, not guilty and not proven as a court verdict.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:05pm
I'm just seeing pictures from that Sottish court, they have to have that mace thing that they have in Parliament too. They really do love their ceremonial bullsh*t
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I'm just seeing pictures from that Sottish court, they have to have that mace thing that they have in Parliament too. They really do love their ceremonial bullsh*t

That's just where they store their Buckfast
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:42am
Farage made an offer to Boris to not field candidates in seats where it’s closely contested with Lib Dems in exchange for Tories not fielding candidates in Leave constituencies held by Labour.

Basically saying make me Deputy PM and ill secure you the likes of Rees-Moggs seat and the likes of the now independent Rudd’s seat - It was declined 
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:36am
YBIG may be interested to know that Joanna Cherry QC, SNP MP for Edinburgh South West, who played a highly important part in this court case is herself half-Irish and has said she travels on an Irish passport.

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Scotland has guilty, not guilty and not proven as a court verdict.

I think "Not Proven" is actually a good option for a jury to have. I would be opposed to attempts to abolish it.

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I am struggling to see what the harm is in one of Europe's oldest continuing legal systems holding onto a wee bit of tradition like having a mace in it's courts ? 

There are stupid and harmful traditions that should be done away with (Guy Fawkes Night for example) and there are harmless, symbolic ones like this. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

I am struggling to see what the harm is in one of Europe's oldest continuing legal systems holding onto a wee bit of tradition like having a mace in it's courts ? 

You’re spot on. Courts are serious places and what is remarkable is that in jurisdictions where there is less tradition there always seems to be a lot more “pantomime.”
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:24am
"YBIG may be interested to know that Joanna Cherry QC, SNP MP for Edinburgh South West, who played a highly important part in this court case is herself half-Irish and has said she travels on an Irish passport."

Has to start against Georgia.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"YBIG may be interested to know that Joanna Cherry QC, SNP MP for Edinburgh South West, who played a highly important part in this court case is herself half-Irish and has said she travels on an Irish passport."

Can she play left back
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can she play left back

More of a left winger I'd say 

Edited by Borussia - 12 Sep 2019 at 10:51am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:54am
If she’s with the SNP she’s a false left-winger!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414415416417418 532>
  Share Topic