You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 534>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:07pm
Absolute scumbag but it will go down very well with the British public in general.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:57pm
I see Esther McVey says she will stand for the Tory Leadership - Good God.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I see Esther McVey says she will stand for the Tory Leadership - Good God.....

Think it's a case of who isn't standing for it at this stage LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:04pm
Politics Live earlier was superb, no satirist could have dreamed it up. It was too farcical for Iannucci. It is well worth watching for those who can. I am not Andrew Neil's biggest fan, but he stirred the pot wonderfully. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:44am
Read Gina Miller’s article in The Guardian. The predictions for the EP elections look bad for remainers as the bulk of seats may well go to hard-Brexiteers and that the staunch remain vote will be dwarfed. 

At least in Ireland the anti-EU cranks of the left and right are getting crushed and won’t even figure on polling day.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:48am
The EU elections in Ireland are incomparable, you certainly don’t have to read a column to predict what is going to happen over here. This was always going to be pushed as a second referendum by Brexiteers and it is their supporters that will definitely vote. The Brexit Party will clean up on a turnout around 30%.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:52am
They are incomparable, but I’m glad to see we have not been infected by the EU wide willingness to send a bunch of weirdos to the EP.

Sadly, I think the lackadaisical campaign by the mainstream parties in the UK is going to give a fairly easy win to Farage and co.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:59am
I
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

They are incomparable, but I’m glad to see we have not been infected by the EU wide willingness to send a bunch of weirdos to the EP.

Sadly, I think the lackadaisical campaign by the mainstream parties in the UK is going to give a fairly easy win to Farage and co.
I would disagree about the weirdos, in my home constituency there isn’t a single candidate I could vote for. The list is a who’s who of ****s and weirdos!

I don’t think it is lackadaisical, they are just too wrapped up in Brexit to find the time for this election. It is much easier for Farage and his lot, this is their only political purpose and there is no debate within the ranks. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

They also don't use PRSTV, they use the D'Hondt system based on party list. You only get to mark an X against the party of your choice.

So say there's a ten seat constituency (like SE England) and the vote breakdown is, theoretically and it won't be, as follows:
Brexit Party 31%
Labour 30.5%
Tories 18%
Lib Dem 7.5%
Green 6.5%
Change UK 4.5%
UKIP 2%

The seats will go as follows:
Seat 1: Brexit Party as the biggest vote takers, they get the first seat (then Brexit Party 31/2 = 15.5%),
Seat 2: Labour as Labour 30.5, Tories 18, Brexit 15.5, Lib Dem 7.5, etc, (then Labour 30.5/2 = 15.25%),
Seat 3: Tories as Tories 18, Brexit 15.5, Labour 15.25, Lib Dem 7.5, (then Tories 18/2 = 9%),
Seat 4: Brexit Party as Brexit 15.5, Labour 15.25, Tories 9, Lib Dem 7.5, (then Brexit Party 31/3 = 10.33%),
Seat 5: Labour as Labour 15.25, Brexit 10.33, Tories 9, Lib Dem 7.5, (then Labour 30.5/3 = 10.17%),
Seat 6: Brexit Party as Brexit 10.33, Labour 10.17, Tories 9, Lib Dem 7.5, (then Brexit Party 31/4 = 7.75%),
Seat 7: Labour as Labour 10.17, Tories 9, Brexit 7.75, Lib Dem 7.5, (then Labour 30.5/4 = 7.625%),
Seat 8: Tories as Tories 9, Brexit 7.75, Labour 7.625, Lib Dem 7.5 (then Tories 18/3 = 6%)
Seat 9: Brexit as Brexit 7.75, Labour 7.625, Lib Dem 7.5, Tories 6, (then Brexit Party 31/5 = 6.2%)
Seat 10: Labour as Labour 7.625, Lib Dem 7.5, Brexit Party 6.2, Tories 6.

That's Brexit Party x 4 on 31% of the vote, Labour Party x 4 on 30.5% of the vote and Tories x 2 on 18% of the vote, with 20.5% of the population voting for parties that get no seats.

The absence of transfers etc removes the strength of the votes for the smaller parties: a combined vote of over 20% gets no seats, while a vote of 30.5% for Labour gets four seats. It's a flaw in the D'Hondt system that still encourages people to vote for bigger parties and away from smaller ones. Indeed, on the figures above, the combined vote of the Greens, Change UK and Lib Dems is higher than the Tories, yet the Tories get 2 seats and those three parties get none.

It is an argument for PRSTV. In D'Hondt, a vote for a big party counts far more than a vote for a smaller one; in PRSTV, every vote has closer to an equal weight.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 10 May 2019 at 3:37pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:40pm
I see Yaxley Lennon's crew turned up in Liverpool. No surprises as to what happened particularly when one of them called it a sh*thole  LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 May 2019 at 12:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:43pm
I would have thought they’d just not visit ex-Militant territory.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:47pm
LiverpoolClap

I hope everyone on the campaign is getting the same police support as Lennon... f**king scum.

Edited by pre Madonna - 20 May 2019 at 12:49pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:13pm
I see the far right in Italy are likely to get elected who will be very anti EU. If they vote to leave will more follow and will it be the end of the EU? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:39pm
  • Nigel Farage hit by a milkshake in Newcastle city centre. He’s furious. Telling his security “it’s a failure” and “how did that happen”. He’s just been whisked away in a car. Full story on (link: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk) chroniclelive.co.uk soon

LOLClap

coyne View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:43pm
    Right outside Eldon Square where I work LOL

It's like 20 degrees here and humid as f**k he must be stinking as f**k LOL
    Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:44pm
    Must be a serious milkshake if he's being whisked away......
    " BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
    Trap junior View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:53pm
    His milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
    Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:52pm
    Looks like the knives are out for Theresa. Could be gone a lot sooner than expected 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 534>
      Share Topic